Here I am 41, with 3 kids and a tubal ligation to find myself pregnant. What makes everything so difficult to accept is that my husband had prostrate cancer (minus a scrotum). My husband is 60. Somebody please pinch me!

Hi I am 49 and have not had a period for almost a year but am having symptoms of being pregnant.  Plus my stomach is bigger all of a sudden.
I never had any menopause symptoms at all.  I am thinking of taking a test.  Is it possible to be pregnant when you hav enot had a period in this long of time?

Hello, I very much envy those of you whom are pregnant. I am 48 menopusal and wishing to have a baby, my husband is 38 and has never had a child I have a son who is now 27. I only recently found out that I am going through menopause, I guess I ignored all the symptoms because I had just had surgery, (a tubal reversal), to enable us to fall pregnant however, I believe that this surgery brought on my menopause. My partner and I are currently Listed with Syndney/Newcastle IVF but have to find our own egg donor now that I am infertile. This is almost impossible as I have no family and since moving to another state to be with my partner I have not close friends whom to talk to about my soul aching need to have a baby with the love of my life. How do I find an egg donor? Time is running out for me and soon the doors to IVF will be forever closed to me. Its hard! So count your blessings take what test you need to and may the best possible outcome be yours.

Oh God.. I'm scared to death.

Here goes any advise or info plz.

I haven't had a period for JUST over a year. Yet now I have pressure in my uterus,peeing alot and very very sore and tender breast not to mention tired and backache and headaches if I don't eat something straight away in the morning. I wasn't useing any form of borth control. Can a person have symptoms of pregnancy while going through menopause?

I"ve had 3 children already and every pregnacy is different. But what I  really need to know is this just some body reaction to life changes or am I?

I'm 46 and don't know what to think or how to deal!

oops wrote:

Queenmaddamit wrote:

I am 44 and think I am pregnant, or is it peri menopause? I have had a couple of light type periods. I know my grandmother was in her late 60's and still in pre menopause.
My gut says I am pregnant. I have 3 already. My son is 25 and I have a grandson who is 2.
I have my girls at home one just turned 17 and the other is almost 6. I have tender breasts , pee a lot and my body is definitely doing something...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ohh Queen!! Well if I were you (I'm 47 now) with those symptoms I would bite the bullet grab not just one test but probably three and go for it! The reason I say 3 is if # 1 Comes up negative I would not trust that and wait a day or so and try again. The tests now are pretty early detection and sensitive. I have even myself gotten them at a dollar store for $1.00! Which beats drug store prices, the dollar store version is not quite as handy but works! I think rather than make your self crazy wondering thats where I would start. Take a deep breath and go for it and we're here too. I know exactly how your feeling!
~Sandy

I'm was 44 when I had my daughter, I thought I was going into early menopause,and didn't find out I was pregnant until I was 6 months along, she is 3 almost 4 now and bugging me for a baby sister, I have a adopted son he will be 25 in march, I got pregnant again at 48 but lost the baby that was in dec 2011 I was 11 weeks along, i was hoping at one more chance before I couldn't have anymore, for years we tried for a baby with no luck, even went through fertility shots but was told not to take the last shot cause I could have 8 to 9 babys, I didn't want a litter just maybe a couple, so we figured that was our last chance but God had other plans! Good luck to you all, would love to hear of a good outcome from someone that was 48 or over that had normal pregancy and healthy baby. Also if you think you could be pregnant get a test if it's neg, wait alittle while and test again if it's neg, I tested neg the first time said I'm not and no more test and look what happen to me! Oh and she is healthy and smart as can be! I think I am in perimenopause now, they say you are most fertile 3 months after a miscarriage, but my periods are starting to get crazy so I don't think that goes for us in our late 40's!

Hey, Everyone,

Can you give me advice?  I'll be 52 this week, have had periods on time except for my 2 pregnancies 25 and 26 years ago.  Haven't had hot flashes during the day, but do get sweats just as I wake up sometimes in the middle of the night to turn over...have gotten hot like this for most of my life though when I wake in the middle of the night, but in the past 2 months they are more intense.  My periods stopped 9 weeks ago, my nipples have a burning feeling, I have the butterflies, feel bloated from time to time, have lower back aches, tired, and we never use protection.  I've taken 3 hpt, 2 of them 3 weeks ago and 1 yesterday...all negative.  Pregnant or pre-menopause?  If menopause causes ovulation to change, then couldn't I ovulate later than the usual 4 week interval and be pregnant, just not 9 weeks?  Please help me.  My lack of good insurance keeps me from just running to the doctor.  With my first child, the test was a quick possitve and the 2nd just happened while breast feeding.  Can my body have changed that much to not be producing enough pregnancy hormones to give a positive results?

i'm 51 and too feel like i'm pregnant, tired and bloated and have skipped 3 periods in a row, so i't either onset of menopause of pregnancy! These are my first consecutive periods missed. I'm feeling cramping right now. It would be nice to be pregnant again, have two prior children and husband would like another. If I'm not, I wonder if i can do it again; my last one was delivered 2 monthws shy of my 48th birthday!

Kathy

Well it sure sounds like it with all those symptoms your having. I suggest you give it a month or two to make sure.

I am 44 and have had two positives over the past week and a half!! My husband and I are scared to death but starting to get excited too! I go to the Dr on June 4th but I'm so afraid to get more excited about all this just to find out it's nothing!

If I have had two positives is that pretty certain or could it be menopause? I have lots of pregnancy symptoms- sore boobs and cramping, tired and dizzy- just like all my other pregnancies! I'm hoping it is right now but is there a chance I'm not with positive tests?

Guest wrote:

What were your symptoms ??

I have missed my period in 2 months I am now 47 years old and my stomach ffels full, I am having severe back pains, discharge, nausea
among some other things could i be pregnant. I ma planning to visit my gyn

Sorry to say, I'm not pregnant. After 3 months, I had my period. And I was really hoping too. Ladies.....peri-menopause mimics pregnancy. I'm still hoping that I may have a few good eggs left in me and I can still have the chance again.

if you want a baby do not listen to the doctor. read " the biology of belief by phd bruce lipton, and take prenatal vitamins, and stay active.

hi ladys i'm going through the same thing i had a tubal ligation 23 years ago my periods have been regular until july did'nt have a period having pregnancy symptoms no menopause just pregnancy symptoms i'm 46 years old my back hunts constant urination headaches sore breast nausea feeling but my aunt said menopause but i don't think so i have never been one to eat breakfast now i have to have breakfast took three test they all were no so what do i do and today i spotted alittle can someone help me

Hi I'm just reading about your story. I know its been years...were you pregnant and what age were u going though the menapause.

Hi ..so were you pregnant? This would be fantastic!!