I have read a previous thread here about peeling feet but I don't think that applies to me. I am pretty sure I know already what the cause is for mine, I just would like to ask suggestions for prevention now.

I am a merchant mariner. I wear steel toe boots for 12 hours a day, at least. Ever since i started doing this work, I've noticed that my feet are peeling really bad. I don't think it is any sort of fungal infection, Its not itching or anything like that, just peeling. I believe it is from moisture/heat of wearing those boots all day long. I was wondering what sort of way can I prevent this? Is there some sort of powder? Is there other preventative measures I could do also? 

Thanks,
 Mike.

I sometimes have the same problem. I work at a hospital for 13 hrs and I come home and my feet peel. No itchiness or anything. The only thing that I could or would suggest is, that you buy different socks. Cotton is probablythe best socks. They keep your feet dry. I hope that this kelps. :)