I've had this problem for about 10-11 months and it began with everyone saying it smelled like fish.when I felt i need to to poop I went and a yellow/brown mucus came out.I went to wipe and I was curious to what it was so I smelled it and it smelled like fish.now I've figured out how to get rid of the fish smell but the mucus is still there I have now idea why.no one knows about because I'm too embaressed to tell anyone and Ive went from feeling suicidal to happy.ive learned to live with and I guess this is how my life will be forever

That's exactly what my doctor and my sister who is a army traveling RN

Yeah, same here 32, male I've had this happen on and off. :) It's uh you know .. normal. :) Mine ends up smelling sweet. It always happens when I'm clear like there's nothing in the lower bowels and It feels good so I'm amusing mine and yours aren't the same but hey hope you figure it out cuz ah... I know what mine is. :) lol :3 and no nothing was put in prior to this.. It secrets after a thing idk it just happens with me.. It's like cumming buy.. :3 ahh whole lot better and lasts longer.

Hi my name is Daysha and I am 13 and I have discharge coming out my ass and I have not had sex with no one BC I don't do that sh*t but I need help to fine out why I have discharge coming out my ass thank you .

My stomach has been hurting for 2 weeks now. I haven't had a normal bm in 2 weeks and have also seen rectal mucous. I don't know what it is.

I've had this on and off for a few years now. Clear mucus and lots of gas and bloatedness. Luckily I don't suffer from leakage like some but do regulaly go to the toilet to relieve it

Went to see a doctor for first time and he thinks I have IBS as everything else was norma. He said this even though he had no idea about the mucus and admitted it isn't a symtom of IBS. So I not very convinced about the diagnosis but if it is correct then seems there's no definitive treament anyway.

Has anyone some actual advice?

I have experienced this as well. I also have rectal cancer so I have done excessive research on all things concerning that part of my body. What I want to share with all of you is the VERY BEST CURE for any body problem is to eat nutritional food. We all have cancer in our bodies along with other diseases so we need to build up our immune system because it is the only way to fight off diseases. Medicine or surgery seldom cures anything they just help you handle the problem or give relief from pain and so many cures are carcinagenics like Chemo is. (sorry spelled wrong). Be blessd

Hello. I've just experienced something like this. I'm an 11 year old male, and for the past few weeks, in class if I sit in one position on the plastic chairs, something builds in the back of my pants, for a while I thought it was only some kind of diaria, but just now I've just oozed a yellow strand of goo, with little spheres in em, out my but. So I imetiatly went to google, and found this. If a docters is reading this, what should I do?

What if a 14 year old girl has this? My friend has it and she would dare to talk me what should I do? She told me the mucus just comes out everyday. Help her plz

Anal fistula - An anal fistula is an abnormal narrow tunnel-like passageway, which is the remnant of an old anal abscess after it has drained. It connects the mid portion of the anal canal (at the anal gland) to the surface of the skin. After an anal abscess has drained (either spontaneously or when lanced by a physician), an anal fistula will develop at least half of the time. Sometimes the opening of the fistula at the skin surface constantly discharges pus or bloody fluid. In other cases, the opening of the fistula closes temporarily, causing the old anal abscess to flare up again as a painful pocket of pus

For an anal fistula, signs and symptoms may include:

Mild pain around the anus, centered in an area where an old anal abscess has either drained spontaneously, or has been opened surgically by a doctor

Persistent drainage of blood, pus or foul-smelling mucus from the anal area.

Symptoms of a recurrent anal abscess (see above), which may develop if the external opening of the fistula becomes clogged and the old abscess reactivates.

For thrombosis of an external hemorrhoid, the signs and symptoms include:

A firm and usually quite painful swelling at the anal orifice

Occasionally bloody discharge, if the surface of the hemorrhoid breaks down

Anal fistula - Surgery to unroof the fistula track ("fistulotomy"), is the most effective therapy. Your doctor opens the infected canal and scrapes away any remnants of the old anal abscess. The wound is left open to heal from the bottom up. If the fistula is associated with Crohn's disease, treatment is directed toward the Crohn's disease with anti-inflammatory medications combined with an antibiotic.

thank you for this I had it and I was worried

Eliminate all dairy products.

This just goes to show how different people can be.. I have EDNOS (an eating disorder) and IBS. I get this mucus substance whenever I have hard stools (and this having IBS my stools vary quite frequently) my doctor has told me not to worry about it as it is just my intestine and colon removing bad bacteria/producing more bacteria than normal due to health issues. Obviously if you are worried about it then go and see your doctor, mines a male doc and I have to go to him if I have a lumpy boob or a cyst on my genitals.. (This post makes me sound real attractive) Hope you've got the problem resolved and you've got your mind at ease.