So we recently got a boxer mix from the shelter he is about a year old we had been training him and getting him healthy. He is a great dog up until you take his training collar off I don't want to leave it on him all the time and lately he has been cooped up in the house due to weather but when we do take him out without the collar he goes crazy! He is playing and runs far away and then jumps at me and bites my arms and goes crazy I know he is not getting enough exercise but it's only 10 degrees out and we have to fight to get him out the door just to go to the bathroom idk I'm not gonna take him back to the shelter mainly cause he is a very good dog most of the time it's very rare that he does something horrible like this. Please any suggestions

Despite my avatar, I have a cocker spaniel and I have a pretty good idea what is your dog doing. Since winter started I thought we'll have to do with less walks since it was pretty much impossible to go out with a dog in a small snow blaze. The longer he stays inside, the 'crazier' he gets when we go outside. I was thinking of getting a collar just because of this problem. So now even if I'm dead tired I try to take him outside, at least for 10-15 minutes several times a day - or for few longer walks if the weather is OK. It definitely helps because I guess there is no way around dog needing to be active. I don’t think I solved this problem, I just find somewhat temporary solution, so hopefully someone else might have some advice,

Wish you all the best,

Nicole

I will have to give this a try he hates the cold and that's one of the reasons we just take him out to go real quick then come back in and warm up but I guess his hyper butt will just have to deal with a coat and booties lol thanks again

Buy a little sweater for him! And give him a treat when he steps out the door.