IS THIS A F**KING HEALTH PROBLEM OR SOME DAMN CUT IN MAH TONGUE?

i had a really bad cold a week ago . my fever was 104. the cold stuck with me sort of and now the right side of my jaw and tounge hurts. no bumps cuts or anything. is it pressure or what because its quite annoying.

My tongue hurts. I'm eating Maltesers. It hurts. I'm an id**t. :-(

i get it too feels like theres 50 micro thin paper cuts on my tounge , i get whilte gunk too, when i clean it hurts n the white comes back , it floods my taste buds , i found eating hotter than vindlaoo helps i have currys made as hot as a phaal or roughly 2x ,3xor 4x times hotter than vindaloo. its takes my mind of my tounge an i can taste the curry almost like i used2 b4 this problem . i cant believe theres no diagnoses for this yet , theres so many ppl with it but no cure ,an doctors seem clueless about it

I've had some major problems with yeast infections in the past, and I had oral thrush (overgrowth of candida in your mouth and throat), which cause my tongue to burn and be very painful. Right now, my burning tongue symptom is back, and I'm thinking its because of the same thing. I haven't eaten acidic foods at all and its been hurting for 3 days now.

I have encountered the same thing, with doctors not knowing what the hell is going on, it seems that MDs and DOs are not trained very well on how to treat fungal infections. I've found the best way is to to follow the candida diet. It's really tough to follow, but it works. I also have taken herbal supplements named Candida Cleanse, and probiotics to restore my body's "good" bacteria.[/url]

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

i took speed on the week end my tong is rilly hertin me wot is it ?

my tongue has been hurting since wednesday morning and it is friday now. there is a llittle bit of redness at the tip of my tongue but no blisters. and now i cant even feel it anymore. i was eating lunch today and i couldnt taste my lunch. :-(

anyone have an idea what is causing it?

Each dr. i went to gave me a different reason and different meds...antibiotics worked briefly permanent relief came with claritin allergy meds...

My tongue has beeurting for two weeks but I get it all the time and I have been to many doctors I can't eat, drink, swallow, brush my teeth or anything it hurts so bad!! Does anyone have any clue what to do???

I do feel the farthest teeth inside my mouth all the time, so I'd buy this reasoning. It's almost the muscles under the tongue stays in cramped position or something. Now, the question is will it go away on its own or is there any remedy for this?

You described exactly what I'm feeling right now. It's just awful. It feels like I torn a ligament or muscle from feeling my back teeth all the time. It also feels like a knife not a needle is going into the underside of my tongue. I haven't seen a doctor but mayble I'll see a dentist. I doubt anyone knows what it is so I'm here online trying to find others who are experiencing the same thing and to see if there's a remedy for it.

I am having the same tongue problem...sore in the evening, some bumps back at the base of the tongue. Thinking it has to be digestive or lack of some vitamin/minerals in diet. Going to try either a Probiotic (found @ Health stores) or since I haven't been eating much citrus this winter...maybe thats it. Don't know...tired of it happening>hard to talk @ night. Drs are so clueless at times...not going to waste money on one. But, will try my friend who is a Homeopathic Dietician.
Will report results.

My tongue hurt so bad and SO sensitive to spicy food that I finally went to my doctor.  He said it is caused by lack of vitamin B and told me to rinse my mouth 3 times per day with CEPACOL MOUTH WASH, found at Walgreens.  I purchased B COMPLEX VITAMINS, HIGH IN VIT B 6 AND B 12 AND I TAKE
IT 3 TO 4 TIMES PER DAY. I asked him why not Listerine or another mouth wash and he said others are too strong, CEPACOL is an antibacterial mouth wash and works best.  STAY AWAY FROM SPICY FOODS, LIKE BURRITOS, CHILI, HOT SAUCE, PIZZA ETC. COOL YOUR TONGUE WITH POPSICLES, ICE CREAM, COLD WATER, AND EAT CEREAL WITH COLD MILK AND I CHEW VITAMIN GUM ALSO FOUND AT WALGREENS. HOPE THIS HELPS. I also got my mouth checked for oral cancer, but no sign of that thank god.

Yogart will work, because it is thrust (yeast infection of the mouth).  I know that sounds gross, but that is what it is.  some people just produce too much yeast in their bodys, expecially if you are loosing weight, or going on one of those "no flour" diets.  But that is what it is just like a baby gets, but yogurt will work much bett and faster than the medicen and wont stain your mouth purple like the medicen will.

Hi, my toungue is very sore whenever I eat, as I am only a child I dont think its stress but if it helps i have ITP (immune thrombocytic pepenia/lack of platelets) and I have felt very dizzy lately. It doesnt hurt when i swallow or drink but it is very sore when i eat, especialy crisp. it feels like im rubbing sand paper on my toungue.I havnt seen anyone or taken anything just incase its a normal thing and im overiacting.i was hoping maybe some one could enlighten me? Thanks xxx