get some fresh veggies, fruits, drink a lot of water, don't eat too much meat. Pretty much all you need.

I hae the same problem, it started with just hurting in one spot to the entire underside of my tounge and the muscle under the underside of my tounge.  what helped almost instantly was mixing epsom salts and sea salt with a little hot water and holding it under my tounge for a few minutes it still hurts but that made the pain considerably less.

Hi, I've had a similar sensation a few times before in my past. Where one side of my tongue was really hurting and made it hard to talk. No soars or anything though!

For me, I found out it was mainly caused by something I ate that had too much sodium in it. Excessive salt and/or sugar- even from just one meal, can cause tongue or mouth soreness...stay hydrated!!

One other time it was caused by a mouth infection (not the gums or teeth, just the mouth), of which I was given antibiotics and it then went away. However, in this case, my whole mouth felt weired.

Hope this helps!

The Chinese doctors say It's called "Fire" in your body, it's because you've been eating the bad food (especially fried food) also can be triggered by crash diets (eg no bread diet) the main cause is lack of quality sleep, you will notice if you nod off whilst sitting up right in a chair (passenger in a car on a long journey is the ideal example) you will fall into a deep sleep and you feel your jaw drop making it seem heavy, if you have it bad you will also feel a slight dizzy pulse through your head at the same time. Book 3 days off & sleep it off is my advice ;)

have your dentist do an Oral Cancer screening

The white dots on the tongue sound like oral thrush. Ask your doctor for an Rx for Nystatin swish and swallow. You take 1 tsp four times daily.

My tongue looks like my teeth are hitting it on both sides. I have noticed when I drink energy drinks or energy shots my tongue becomes swollen and sore. Last week I noticed my tongue swollen and sore (again) but I hadn't had anything different except a Mocha Frappachino from Starbucks. As far as I know, the gas station double shot mocha drinks didn't swell up my tongue. I have eaten some spicy food and this made it worse. I started treating it with liquid Benedryl and Mylanta 3x a day. I also used Chloroseptic spray. It seemed to help, but came back a few hours later. Now, I am extremely sensitive too anything extremely sweet such as sweet tarts, skittles, etc. I'm not sure if it's because of the original allergy and it hasn't healed...or something else. It has been a little over a week and I'm getting kind of worried. My taste buds are swollen and I get "lie bumps" every few days. It's really annoying and sometimes very painful. I have been tested for HIV, so that's ruled out. Stress could be a factor. I also tried the dissolving vitamin B tablet for the first time...but it was about 4-5 days later this started happening. I'm wondering about cancer because the sides of my tongue are scalloped and it doesn't seem to go away. Also, the roof of my mouth was very sore but it is much better now. Now,it looks like I have a new little crack on the tip of my tongue. I really don't understand and don't have insurance for the doc to tell me to do what I'm already doing. Thank you for helping me. I am so uncomfortable :(

That happened to me a few years back... It has actually happened twice in my lifetime.....My tongue looked gross, it was actually Yellow and Furry...I had a thick yellow coating on it...I went to the doctor and he said it's called THRUSH...Basically, a Yeast infection in your mouth...Yes, i was soo grossed out and it doesnt come from what anyone might be thinking. The Dr. gave me something to rinse with and it went away in a week. This seems to happen after I have been really ill and my immune system is low.....

At first, it went away. Then, it kind of came back. I have learned when I eat extreme sweets such as Sweet Tarts, taffys, etc., it starts it up. I am pretty sure I can't drink energy shots or mocha drinks :( I am still trying to figure out what is causing it. Now, its like I get a few very uncomfortable lie bumps. As soon as I feel my tongue getting sore, I treat it with a home remedy recommended by my pharmacist. It seems to work:

I combine Mylanta and liquid Benedryl together and swish it around, then swallow it.

I have come to the conclusion that it also has to do with stress. I have never been allergic to sweets before. I am currently on Wellbutrin and I did miss a few doses. Even then, I've never had this happen before.

A white dot can be cancer. Did your doctor do a biopsy? Better safe than sorry,

I am going through the same thing. I have ahd mine since 10-30-13. I have been to my dentist 2 times, and oral dentist, 3 docs, and 2 neurologists. They are thinking of trigmential neuralgia but the meds they have given me ar not working(for depression). I have even been to an ENT and my ob-gyn. Can't think of anything else to go for. Even yogurt hurts my tongue. I have lost 20 pounds which I needed but OMG. Have another visit to neuorolgists on the 13th.

I was having a lot of pain on my tongue and it would get worse everytime I ate anything.I started to eat on the right side of my mouth just to avoid my tongue and the pain altogether. Here are some things that helped lessen my tongue pain. (1.) Stay hydrated and drink a lot of water. (2.) Brush your teeth (especially everytime you eat)-bacteria collects on the tongue so everytime you eat, try brushing your teeth and lightly brush the tongue as well (either with a scraper or toothbrush). (3.) See if you have a vitamin deficiency-Vitamin D or Vitamin B12. (4.) This worked for me well. I mixed half hydrogen peroxide/half warm water and I swished it around my whole mouth for a while and then waited until it got foamy and collected the bacteria from my mouth and spit it out. I then rinsed my mouth with warm to lukewarm water swished again and spit it out. I just tried the half hydrogen peroxide/half warm water mix today and just made some dinner and my tongue felt so much better. The hydrogen peroxide mix helped relieve my pain. My Vitamin D is also low and I don't know if that was the reason I was having tongue pain but I bought Vitamin D3 supplement and just started taking 2000 IU/1 per day. Lifestyle and STRESS can really play a role on our nerves and could play a role in tongue pain too. If anyone has tongue pain for longer than two weeks it wouldn't hurt to go to a Dentist just to make sure it isn't anything serious like an infected abscessed tooth or a blocked salivary gland. I decided to post because I came across this page when I was researching tongue pain and wanted to share what helped me. This is a frustrating problem that doctors sometimes blow off or take as nothing serious but to the person experiencing it, its anything but.  Hope everyone is able to find answers to help relieve their pain and will share anything that has helped their tongue pain on this page for anyone who is suffering. Thanks. :)   

It might have to do with mental nerve! Read up on it!" Does the pain feel like putting tin on a filling?

i noticed mine doing the same but, i did get a little virus that only lasted 2 days. its almost as if i get stoped up at night because it is so dry and my tongue is being pressed to that side because i cant breath. so if anyone has been sick and stoped up that might be our problem

If you are taking Adderall, it is definitely one of those drugs that WILL (over time) make your tongue hurt, neck hurt, back of your head hurt, (your head will hurt likely the same side as your sore tongue). I have no idea if these are listed as side effects of Adderall but I know for a fact that I had many of the same symtoms as people on this forum and I am 100% certain Adderall was my problem. I am a long time user and I only take one prescribed 30mg dose but I can't go any higher than that Or the pain is unbearable. I'm not saying Adderall is "everyone's " problem on here and if you don't take this particular drug but your tongue is hurting, I would examine every pill you are taking and do a process of elimination. You might realize that medicine is causing your problem.  Just my two cents. ..