Well the title really says it all.

Im a 28 year old male and i have always had a bit of a problem with getting my words out. I mean i can see the word in my mind sometimes but it can take anywhere from 5 seconds up to a minute to get the word out, sometimes i have to figure out other words because i can not get it out for the life of me. This has become more noticable, so much so that my wife has mentioned it saying that it is taking me longer to get my words out.

My other problem i am having is my spelling. I used to be quite good at spelling, but again recently i have been struggling to spell words correctly when using my phone to text. I dont really care about it when i am texting but the fact that i can notice this is a worry to me.

Finally, during my time i am typing away throughout the day, my hand eye coordination is some what deterriating. I am constantly struggling to type like i used to.

All of the above are a worry to me, more so now that i am a researcher and i will need to participate in conferences and circumstances where there are upwards of 30 people in seminars.

Can someone please help, i just want to know if i have a problem or im just being silly

Thanks in advance

Rupesh

Hi Rupesh,

I'll admit I don't know what is going on just from your post but I do think you need to start with a thorough physical exam and explain to your doctor exactly what is going on. Since you, and others, are noticing changes in your speech and your writing, then it needs to be evaluated.

I don't think that you're being silly at all. You have reason to be worried. Possible, and I emphasize possible, causes could include MS, possible tumors, possible strokes or a TIA.

Please go for a thorough evaluation. Good luck and keep us posted..

The more you worry the worse you'll spell, the more excited you are the worse you'd spell. So try and relax, think things through. had the very same problem three to four years ago.... So don't stress, read a book and enjoy your day.

Firstly, i would like to thank both of you for taking the time to respond to my query.

Darl, i dont feel its actually to do with worrying about the situation as i have had this for a long time. Its the fact that other people have commented on this. Ive suffered this for over 10 years but only at a small scale. My wife (who i have been married to for 2.5 years and have known for 7 years) was the one who commented on this point. Relaxing is not so easy when you are a research fellow at a university and your PhD is dependant on your ability to write papers and dissemminate through journals and conferences. I am extremly worried that this problem will worsen in years to come and affect my viva presentation causing me to fail..........which i can not afford.

Medic-dan, I will take your advice and arrange to see my doctor. Hopefull he will request an MRI for clots, narrowing of artries etc and be able to fix what is wrong with me. I'd rather know what is wrong with me then to be constantly play the guessing game.

Thaks again for taking the time to give me your advice and i will surely come back (once i see the doc) and report his finding.

All the best,

Rupesh

or it could be a source of a mental status, believe me I still spell wrong, It could be that your nueron system was jammed by either hormones or it could be a tumor, but I wouldn't worry about that. I don't believe it could be, but just check with the docter. Have you ever hit your head? there could be bleeding??