Hello.  I am a 28yr old female and I experience head numbness on the top right side of my head.  The best way I know how to describe what I feel is like on section of the top part of my brain feels like it goes to sleep just like your feet will..  At first this spot goes numb then it tingles and now after the tingling it is extremely sore.  Feels like someone has pulled my hair out in this certain spot.  My right eye feels really wierd like it's not even looking in the same direction as the left and I have been diagnosed with complex migraines but something just isn't right..  and my neurologist put me on topamax and it helped with  the migraines, but I tappered off bc the med's slowed me down so much and now i'm experiening this.  It's very scary.  Especially when the dr.'s dn't really hear you out, it's like they automatically diagnose you with a migraine well i have migraines this is different.. 

I am 13 and I experience the same thing. But I have PTSD so I guess that could be it. Should I go to the doctor just in case though?

I also share this sensation of numbness and it has been ongoing for about a year and a half now.

Surprisingly, this numbness began for me after a traumatic LSD experience.

I felt this sensation immediately following the experience and also the other symptoms like what somebody above mentioned; my eye feeling weird, like it isn't looking in the same direction. It seems to affect my ability to remain centered in my heart. And to perceive without being overly-emotional. In other words it causes me to feel somewhat vulnerable because it seems as though my brain always has pressure on it.

Perhaps it is PTSD. I haven't tried an MRI or a nuerolgist. I just know it occurred afteran LSD overdose which resulted in an extremely stressful experience.

Wow this is so weird i am 14 years old and i feel like this i get panic attacks headeds in my eyes alot and my head i numb on the right side of my head

I have had the exactly same stuff going on with me. It has been horrible and has been taking alot of control of my life. They keep telling me anxiety or allergies. Well they tested me for allergies and no signs of being allergic to anything. Been to the Chiropractor, massage therapist, and an ears,nose and throat specialist. Nothing! I was in tears last night cause I couldn't go to sleep with the night sweats. My throat feels like its closing up, I can't breathe, clogged ears, sore lymphnodes in my jaw bone, my neck all around hurts, plus the spuratic numb sensation I get on the top of my head or the tingling. I have never been suicidal but I am being tortured the last 2yrs. I can't take this. I am not taking those stupid medication they hand out like candy without any proof. I am getting physical symtoms not mental. They just don't want to listen, they don't care.

I.just starting with the numbnes on my right side of my head.pleaselet me know if you fund the reson on this problem

I had a white spot on an MRI and it was Basal Ganglia Calcification. That is a calcium deposit in your brain. Many people can be asymptomatic for years with no symptoms.

The last two days I have numbess on my right side. with pins and needle feeling. I wonder if there is a connection?

Put your head in cold water for a half hour

Hey I'm a teen and I've been having numbness in my head for quite the pass few days, I'm really scared cause I'm still so young. I play a lot of video games is that it?!??!

It is probably a strained muscle in your shoulder.

anti-depressants are worse for you, dont even take that disgusting thing they call medicine

I'm having similar issues.  I sit at a computer often, i dont know if its strain on my back or what it is.  The back right of my head is numb and i can feel the numbness all throughout my body.   Several months prior i was diagnosed with rocky mountain spotted fever. So i'm not sure if its this creeping up or neck/muscle problems.  Its almost to much to handle. 

Anyone have an update on their experience with this?

I get numbness on the right side of my head most mornings - it's from sleeping with my arm across my head - I do that when I want to cover my ear from noise and my eyes from the light. I've also slept with a heavier pillow on top of my head and my arm across the top of the pillow adding pressure to my head. Both put pressure on the right side of my head and numbs it - and makes it sore to even touch.  I try not to sleep this way, and when I don't - there's no numbness. I've no idea if it's causing any neurological damage or anything like a concussion from the constant pressure - but, I do know, that I need to wear an eye mask and ear plugs instead of putting pressure on my head.

I also have numbness on the right side and back part of head as you said 'constant dull pressure'. Some discomfort on my neck. Also experiencing slight ringing in the left ear, some sensitivity to sunlight and even the smallest sounds tend to intensify same as you said.my neurologist recommend vitamin b12 test and guess what I had very low level of vitamin b12 now the problem is cured.

***post is edited by moderator *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

This site tells some reasons for numbness on the head, or skin over the scalp/head. One that popped out after reading your post was the fact you had Rock Mountain Spotted Fever, related to tick bites. Tick bites can also give you Lyme Disease which is one of the causes on the site referenced above. Check it out, it might be useful! Have you been checked for Lyme Disease since you DID have RMSFever?