I'm 19 years old and got myself adddictted to oxycottin from just taking it off the street. i take high dossages but i'm starting to lower them and i'm starting to feel a lot better. the worst for me is depression.... its really hard to feel happy without them. and without them i am constantly worried and stressed about when i will find them next. in my city they are very hard to find and very expensive. but hopefully i will get off them soon because they have litterally ruined my life. i had to drop out of university and i am unable to work or even socialize with my friends. to anyone who is interested in trying this drug i really recommend you don't because i am a smart girl and i could of done really well for myself but now i lye around all day sick in bed. good luck to everyone else whos in my shoes and i hope this drug will get off the streets so people don't have to experience the pain that i'm currently going threw. thanks.

IVE HAVE BEEN ON OXYCONTIN FOR 13 YRS IM A PARAPALEGIC IF YOU NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE CALL ME. 480-306-3024

I have been using oxy for 2 and a half years. I have in the last 8 days gotten off of it and felt like dying. I never realized i was addicted to it. i go to a doctor once a month fill my scripts through ins. nothing on the street its all legal. i have heard and seen the hurt i have caused my husband and children but kept stating i didnt have a problem. i have come to alot of terms with myself this past week and i have to realize whats best for me. to salvage the family i have almost destroyed or reach for a bottle pills.... i'll salvage my family and take the pain. it my not mean anything to some but be careful with this drug you WILL loose.

all i can say is that all of you already have the strenght to even write this. I also have my issues and my Dr. is wanting me to go on Oxy C. All of your words and honesty has helped me with my very confused feelings. If you can help perfect strangers ,imagine what you truly are able to do for your selves. Easier said than done. I am and have experienced my opiod offs and on but also for valid reasons. It is very difficult plus in my case the guilt to myself and to my family. I thank you all for making me feel I am not alone and I wish you all the luck and strength in the world ...God Bless You All

I just started a prescription of Oxycotin. It is working exceptionally well for my severe back pain. If you dont abuse it and take as prescribed will you still get addicted?

Paulette Bourgoin
_[removed]_

how long do the withdrawal symptoms last. I'm on day 3 and I have the sweats and cold sweats, I'm hungry but when I go to eat I'm not any more. I am sometimes anxious when this happens I take 1/2 of my xanax which has only been 3x so far. I can sleep through most of the night, I do have the runs which I take pepto for. But when is the worst over? please say it's day 4....

I had a spinal fusion in 87. After a long recovery period I was left with pain & limitations, but better than before the surgery, for about 10 yrs. As I got older the pain got much worse. I tried everything that was available to me. The fusion disqualified me from certain treatments. I started taking 50 mgs of demerol 2 to 4 x per day. As the pain got worse, my use of pain killers increased. I am currently taking 100 mgs of demerol 6x per day as well as 40 mgs of OC 6x a day. Even at that, I am no where near pain free. In 03 I was diagnosed with a myxoma, which is a benign tumor inside my heart. It took about a year to recover after the surgery. I was immediately put on xanax by my surgeon and remain on it today due to stress.

I take these meds as prescribed. Here and there I am able to get through the day without taking all 6 of each. There are also times that I've used more due to, "throwing my back out", doing something like coughing, sneezing, etc.. I never do anything physically taxing, ever.

What I don't know is, have they stopped working entirely or would I be completely bed ridden in intolerable pain if I stop taking them? I rarely enjoy life anymore and from time to time regret pulling through the heart surgery. I don't even recognize myself anymore. I can relate to a lot of what was said here.

To the person that asked if you will get addicted even if you are taking it as prescribed, the answer is, yes. It doesn't mean that you will Dr. hop and buy it off the street abusing it, but your body will become addicted to it.

To the smoker that is smoking a lot more, That happened to me too, as well as a friend I know that also used OC for pain. For some reason it increases your desire to smoke.

I appreciate the person that posted suboxone. I have never heard of this before and I am going to look into it.

For the person that suggested exercise as one of the main things he/she used to stop taking OC, I'm glad it worked for you. But for people like me that is not an option. I have tried exercise several times over the years, and ended up in more pain.

I find it amazing that they were able to keep me alive on a heart/lung machine for 4 hrs while they took my heart out of my body and cut the tumor out but this is the best they can do for severe back pain after a fusion. For anyone consdering a spinal fusion, all I can say is, don't do it! Once it's done you won't be able to try new things as they come out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news & more!

oxycodone was prescribed to my husband for a back injury, he stopped them over christmas and had severe withdrawal symptoms on the 2nd of january he committed suicide. he was saved and spent weeks in hospital and then transferred to a mental health unit, while on day release he came home and took a packet of oxcodone which he had hidden back to the mental health unit with him. the next morning he was found dead by the morning staff. his autopsy revealed he had swallowed ten 5 mg oxycodone ,whitch resulted in his death. I advise anyone considering coming off this medication to get professional help
Sean was 36 years old when he died leaving four children behind

Don't listen to these guys I know 1st hand what soboxone can do and the chemists that created it are the f*****g devil. although everones different be prepared for what's to come

100% no doubt YES

JUST SMELL IT ITS TASTEY!!

i have been taking oxycotin 30mg for 4 years..i told my doctor that i wanted to get off this medication.  i have been off these pills for 5 months and i still have withdraws.  i am having breathing problems, very nervous, i dont want to be around any one, i feel so bad i cannot stand it sometime i am weak ... i think the doctor should cancel his pat. and tell them just what to expect and then let us make the dec. if we want to take these or not.  the cronic back pain is so bad that i need something for the pain that i could not get addicted!! when will the withdraws go away? or will they ever go away... 

Hello all! I was on here ONE YEAR ago and BEEN CLEAN SINCE!!!! This is like my anniversary more or less.

Does the Immodium thing work? YES!

I tried it 2 times and the second time did it for me. The mental part was the hardest. The feelings of pain meds or sub, I 101% honest just didn't want to feel like that anymore.

The feeling of being CLEAN is X 1,000 is better then any drug out there. I promise you that.

I basically wanted to come back here and read my old posts (es355gibson name) and see what I was thinking back one year ago.

Guys - it breaksdown like this:You are taking XX drug now.. then what? Score more... then what? Score.. Then what. IT CANNOT go on forever. I did pain meds for 10 freggin years and you name it, I did it and with a big supply and no dang money. Also, I have a family and 2 kids, wonderful well paying job, house etc, all the stuff.....But secretly on the side, downing pain meds. Mentally I was just done.

I honestly think that is the biggest hurdle, the mental. The physical will go away with immodium and take less and less each day AFTER 5 days. IT DOES WORK.

Sub on the other hand, I took that junk for 20 days and no way, the fog of that c**p and 'want-want' was WAY to strong after 3 days of not taking it. Strictly against subs 101%

Read back to November of last year, it was hard figuring HOW to do the immodium thing, but works, saved my butt. Clean for right about a year. The REAL feelings of happy / sad etc is way more powerful then a buzz

I was taking at the time of quitting 20-30 Norco 10/325mg and few Roxy 30mg DAILY.

I took them all one day as 'going away party' and before I went to bed, took 20 immodium.

Woke up the next day feeling ok, maybe 80-90% total. Lazy? Yes a bit but not really. Then 10 immdioum 3 times a day (breakfast, lunch dinner) for 5 days. After that, each day, took one away... days went on and ZERO. Felt fine. Little foggy but 3 days later, I was 100% truly free!!!

Guys I am serious, I have been there where you are, 10 years worth. Just the amount of money gone... Screw it. I couldn't do it.

YOU just have to think and think hard, change your mentality of what these pills are, what advantage do you have taking them, what are hurting (your back pocket and possibly family finances) JUST THINK.

Seriously, I thought I was last person on earth quitting, just loved it waaaay to much but the above mentioned things started to get worse after 10 years (family, money, job) and I had to do something.

I can say while quitting, Klonopin with immodium sealed the envelope on any anxiety, but SMALL amounts through out the day.

NO Xanex, c**p is rough to get off. I have used every dang RX out there Xanex is the worst flat-out.

I had to put this in writing to HOPEFULLY help someone else because it saved my life, family, job and having money for family things etc.

The feeling of FREE of RX's is Way-Way-Way better then anything. My childhood stunk, that was my reason of taking them, that's my thinking. But you have to think "Why am I taking these?" Sort stuff out and set goals with the immodium

All that stuff about imoddium clogging you up.. BS not true a bit. Maybe 1-2 days out of 3 weeks I took them, who cares, nothing happened to my body.

JUST DO IT, GET OFF THEM. YOU WILL BE THE HAPPIEST PERSON ON EARTH = PROMISE!

Congratulations on one year! I used the Imodium this time and can validate what you say. It really works. I was on (legal) opiates around 100 mg/day for seven years or more. Tried so many times to quit and couldn't get past three days. Imodium makes it a breeze compared to any other withdrawal recipes. Don't want to give TMI, but all that excess Imodium does not affect going to the bathroom any more than the pain pills did. Is there is any addiction you know of to the Imodium or side effects? I can't find an answer if they are hard on your liver or kidneys, but hope to taper off soon anyway.
Here, I made the one month anniversary of being rid of the pain pills. It is liberating. Starting to get my life back and feeling in control for a change. What a great feeling. Keep going and never look back!!

everything you say is true, but oxycontin withdrawls are not easy...but I will say I still think about getting high if I ever get off subs... I tell myself just once...SMH