I had surgery on May 8th and it is June 1st.  Everything was so good until about 4 days ago!  I have a pain on my right side about 2 inches from the incision.  It started with a little burning feeling and now it is burning all the time.  I have not taken anything for pain, but it is worrying me.  Does anyone have an explanation? I can't figure it out!  I asked the surgeon because it bothered me a little the week after surgery and he said he did not even touch that area, so he did not know.  What kind of an answer is that? 

Hi Guest, if you are this concerned you may need to make an appointment with your surgical doctor or family doctor.  Something needs to be checked in that area to make sure it is normal and not infected, it may just be some nerves growing back but best to double check that out.  Was it a hysterectomy?

I think I figured it out, it was Gallbladder surgery, and I was doing too much, spent the day in bed yesterday and it has calmed down! Think I went back to "normal" too fast.