So this has happened 2-3 times in past couple months, but like.. right has i am about / ejaculating during masturbation there is this intense pain in my left lower abdomen, its allmost like a cramp, like a charley horse? it only last less than a minute, but its kinda wierd?

Sex is not supposed to hurt.

The fact that this has happened multiple times has me concerned.
Without knowing more about how you stimulate yourself, how violent, how gentle, how long, how brief... your stimulation may be causing this.

But, if this also happens during nocturnal emissions or during intercourse, or at other times, I'd think you need to see a counselor or a doctor.

Let us know what you find out.
Good luck.

I've been feeling these exact same symptoms over the last few weeks. When I masturbate, I normally try to delay ejaculation as much as possible to extend pleasure. I do not masturbate violently at all. It's usually gentle, with short breaks whenever the feeling of climax comes up. However, when I'm ready to ejaculate, I do speed up the motion considerably. But recently when I get to that point and ejaculation takes place, I get this sharp cramp-like pain in the left side of my lower abdomen... actually, it happens right where my abdomen folds over my hip, about six inches to the left of my belly button (my left). A few seconds after ejaculations, the pain fades away gradually.

This has not happened during sexual intercourse with a partner... only during self stimulation. Any information you might have regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

I've been puzzling over this complaint, and while I am not a doctor, I have a few thoughts about what it might be.

You mention a point 6 inches left of the belly button, where the abdomen folds over your hip. I'm wondering if you are trying to describe an overhanging belly, implying that you might be overweight or have a flab of skin/fat that is folding over your hip. If so, there may be many other issues here that I can't address, including an adhesion between internal organs that normally might not occur.

However, you indicate that this pain arrives at the point of ejaculation, and only during masturbation, not with intercourse with a partner.
This makes me think that it is either a momentary rise in blood pressure or an involuntary muscle contraction that then relaxes.
Masturbation can be more intense than intercourse, and with a higher level of arousal and intensity of climax, its possible that something else is contracting... I'm thinking along the lines of the supporting, tethering cord that supports the testicle. But this would be quite a bit lower in the abdomen than you are describing. Many men find their testicles climb in the scrotum as climax approaches, and in some, the cord is too short.

It's possible that you have a growth or something with increased blood supply running to it, and the spike in blood pressure is making it throb or reveal itself... but this is only a guess... speculation... don't jump to any conclusion.

I'm certain that this pain is off-putting... and discourages you from wanting to climax. But I note you also engage in "edging", or the practice of approaching ejaculation inevitability and then "backing off" to extend the period of pleasure building to climax. This is not uncommon, and is a very good training exercise for those wishing to learn and control their response pattern to sex, intercourse and climax. I'm wondering if by building toward climax for so long, that you are contracting a muscle or muscle group involuntarily and it has become over-tired by the time climax arrives.

You might try climaxing from masturbation without delay or slow down just once or twice to see if this alters the pain or the pattern.

That's about all I can suggest at the moment (short of running to a doctor). But I'd be very interested to hear what you learn or experience with this. There may be more men with these symptoms that we realize.

Good luck and keep us posted, will you?
(Also, your age and weight, as well as current sexual frequency might be telling...)

I have the EXACT same issue as phantom 17. Phantom17, did you ever find a resolution? Stonesfan4

Good evening.  I also have the same problem.  I get a intolerable cramp in my lower left abdomen, but it comes before ejaculation, not during. The cramp lasts for a couple minutes and I do have to stand up and stretch for it to go away.  There have been times when I am in so much pain that I was unable to get up to a standing position.  

There are some differences from what you have expressed.  First, I do get this cramp during intercourse, oral sex and during masturbation.  The cramps don't seem to discriminate.  Secondly, I suffered from a stroke about 18 months ago and really don't think that this is directly related because the cramps have recently started happening.  And last but not least, I am about 15 pounds overweight.  I am not obese, but do have a protruding belly, which didn't start to protrude until after I had my stroke.  

I am a 42 year old man, 5'11" 180 Lbs. 
I have a healthy sex life, 5-6 times a week
I do not have any STD and am HIV negative

Any help would be appreciated.  

When I masturbate, I normally try to delay ejaculation as much as possible to extend pleasure. I do not masturbate violently at all. It's usually gentle, with short breaks whenever the feeling of climax comes up. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** 

i have this same problem.. i also do what you do, where i get close to climax and then back off to make the pleasure last longer.. the only difference about what happeneds to me is, recently its been happening more often than it did. and now every time i go to have sex or masturbate i'll start thinking about it, and in some situations you just cant stop, so you keep going. and when i finally have the orgasm, once it starts i have to not keep stroking, but if i do its like i hit a button and the cramp starts. even when i'm not sexually turned on and i think about the pain the place where it happens starts to tense up and it feels like the cramp just happened.. and they always have been so incredibly painful i cant stand i cant move but it only lasts a few seconds or a minute or two.. its by far the most painful thing I've experienced. i'm to the point i want to go to a doctor and get this taken care of, because i will do whatever it takes.

i'm going to bookmark this page, and when i go to the doctor and talk to him about it i'll post whatever he says.. i also posted something like this on yahoo answers and a few people said i should go to a urologist. so that's going to be my first attempt

I have exactly what y'all r describing. Going to the doc Thursday 6/14/12. I get a severe cramp all around my lower abdomen right when the pleasure hits right at the point where I build up the pressure for the release. I have to stop immediately and completely withdraw from ejaculating until the cramp relaxes and then try again. Sometimes they r worse than others. Doesn't matter if it masturbation, sex, bj. It happens often and is new to me. I have low testosterone, but no probs with Ed. I am 6'1 265. I cramp often all over my body if I overuse a muscle. Maybe we r dehydrated or something. I am also a heavy beer drinker. We will see. !!

I have exactly the same problem - except mine is on the right side...   literally the "cramp" or pain (it's SEVERE) starts the moment I start ejaculating so much so that I have to stop masterbating...    the pain subsides probably 30-45 seconds after I stop ejaculating... maybe longer... but it's to the point where I dont really masterbate as much anymore... (maybe once a week...)   I did try the technique mentioned above (not holding back - just popping when I reach that point and it might help a little. - as the "cramp" hasnt occurred when I "rush" ...  but really has diminished my interest in sex.)    If anyone has any other info - it is appreciated.

No way,

I get exactly the same pain too.

For me seems to be position dependant, and especially when I am contracting lower abs.

Happened during masturbation and sex... and at ejaculation. Maybe 5 times total, all over the last few months.

I think it is just a muscle spasm for me, bottom right ab, though maybe, pain is slightly behind the muscle..... weird.

I is an old 40 yr old, pretty athletic n healthy.

Dudes, are you all fitness freaks who do crunches and other ab work?  I just put two and two together.  Abs pulled right after masturbation, had to stretch it out, painful for about 10 seconds combined, then went away.  Remembered I worked on my abs in the gym earlier in the day!  Happened one or twice in past 3 months.

I have the same problem. Did you ever get an answer?

Hi Guys

I am a medical doctor and I saw a young, 40 year old man with pains you all seem to be describing. He described same cramping, spasmodic pains over his right lower abdomen associated with either arousal or ejaculation - more superficial rather than deep-seated. Pains were self-limiting and terminated in couple of minutes, although severe enough for him to have avoided sexual intercourse or avoid ejaculation. Due to these pains he has actually had appendectomy, previously which of course didnt resolve his pains.

I was suspicious of an intermittent hernia and was planning to arrange an USS, although after research discovered a diagnosis of cremasteric spasm / spasticity / hypertrophy and trialled Buscopan (anti-spasmodic). Cremasteric muscle is the one that lifts the testicles, as and when appropriate. Buscopan has completely resolved his pains, when used on "as and when" basis and he now enjoys a much more fullfilling sex life.

Buscopan is very safe and very common anti-spasmodic, it relaxes smooth muscle and relieves cramps i.e used in period pains, used in kidney stone pains, irritable bowel syndrome, intestinal adhesional pains etc. It can be bought over the counter.

Please try this anti-spasmodic and write your feedback on this website. Please write further questions and I shall do my best to answer them.

Yours sincerely

To the doctor who posted about Buscopan: thank you very much!  The only problem seems to be the Buscopan is not available in the U.S., and I'm having ahard time finding it online.  Even if I can find it, should I be concerned about the fact that it apparently hasn't been approved for sale in the U.S.?  Are there any similar drugs available in the U.S.?