Omg, i am so happy i found this site, i once visited the dermatologist and she looked at it half assed and said she noticed Feliculitis (spelling) and stated it was on my thigh....i was so embarassed i went along with it....geeeez, the medicine she gave me was this foam called evoclin, it burned so bad it made me cry, i quit using it i couldnt bare it.

before that i had the Gyno test me for std's twice! i was so scared, she said i had nothing to worry about and i needed to go to the dermatologist.

I have suffered from this for years, and Have found more answers on here and its nice to know im not a freak of nature. I have tiny cracks around the bottom opening to my vagina and around the anus....they burn and it hurts so bad, they even bleed a little, and when i bathe, ouch!!! they come and go as they please...everything stings. i have tried diaper rash stuff, and no luck, i am going to buy vagisil tomorrow thanx to this thread, and even some yeast infection stuff, i was on antibiotics so i could have one and not know it.

I am in a long distance relationship so i do not have sex often......my pants are tight but i cant "breath" so how does this happen so much? i am so annoyed i want to cry.

thank you guys for writing and sharing.

-crazy

Very grateful to find this thread. I have dealt with a sore anal area for a few years and as long as I kept it clean with cottonelle wipes after a BM everything was okay. I had a course of anti-biotics right after Christmas and developed these cracks that won't go away. I have read all of the posts and I plan to try the 3-day Monistat in case it is a yeast infection. I tried a one day course and have been using the topical cream but it has not gone completely away. After that, I am going to ask my doctor if it could be Lichen Sclerosis. Good luck everyone and thank you!

:-( This might come for you ladies as a surprise but all i ask is that you don't judge me for what i am about to say. So, I have noticed some chafing with my vagina, like you other ladies, but its just from sex i think. Well, I have been having an affair for long enough now, horrible i know, however i have developed these habitual routines where i have intercourse with my love affair then sleep with my husband everyday. I have gotten past the guilt, but i am so in love with both men that and can't stand the thought of one of them with another woman. So, i was wondering how to control this problem with constructive criticism.

Jock Itch
Jock itch, also called tinea cruris, is a common skin infection that is caused by a type of fungus called tinea. The fungus thrives in warm, moist areas of the body and as a result, infection can affect the genitals, inner thighs and buttocks. Infections occur more frequently in the summer or in warm, wet climates.

Jock itch appears as a red, itchy rash that is often ring-shaped.

Is Jock Itch Contagious?
Jock itch is only mildly contagious. The condition can be spread from person to person through direct contact or indirectly from objects carrying infected scales.

What Are the Symptoms of Jock Itch?
Symptoms of jock itch include:

Itching, chafing, or burning in the groin, thigh, or anal area
A circular, red, raised rash with elevated edges
Redness in the groin, thigh, or anal area
Flaking, peeling, or cracking skin
How Is Jock Itch Diagnosed?
In most cases, jock itch can be diagnosed based on the appearance and location of the rash. If you are not certain that the condition is jock itch, contact your doctor. The doctor will ask about your symptoms and medical history, and will perform a physical exam. A microscopic exam of the scales of skin can confirm the diagnosis.

How Is Jock Itch Treated?
In most cases, treatment involves keeping the affected area clean and dry and applying topical antifungal medications. Jock itch usually responds to over-the-counter antifungal creams and sprays. However, prescription antifungal creams are sometimes necessary. During treatment of jock itch, be sure to:

Wash and dry the affected area with a clean towel
Apply the antifungal cream, powder, or spray as directed
Change clothes -- especially underwear -- everyday

hi i have an itchy vagina too i think the cause is to much masturbating with my fingers your nails got stuck somtimes and can cause a bad rash

PUT CHAP STICK ON IT.

It's for cracking lips.

ok girls here is my story. 1 month ago I made the mistake of riding my new bike with no padded shorts. Long story short:with in 48 hours I had horrible blisters & raw spots from A-Z. Urinating was so painful I had to begin using the bathroom in my tub. I got straight to my OBGYN's office & she wanted to test me for herpes.I've been married for 11 years. I felt this was wasteful, but went along. In the mean time I could hardly walk, sit, or use the bathroom. My herpes test came back positive with symplex 1 which if you read up on , is the blisters you can get oraly, vaginally, & other places. To get them on your vagina it must be passed orally, or if you have been exposed in life @ some point, surgery or trama can trigger an outbreak. The good news was that when either syplex 1 or 2 breaks out in its non-home area it is less that 1% likely to ever break out there again. syplex 2 is the worse of the two to have. Over 75% of our population would test positive to symplex 1. Like, your kids could have symplex 1. So now i'm all healed up, its one month later & I took 3 consecutive bike rides last week & now I have these paper cut looking cracks that are to the inside of my vagina & kind of follow the natural creases of my vagina leading down to my vulva. I also have bad itching & a sore anis. I'm going to get back to my ob praying that this is not another outbreak, & that I need to invest in a better bike seat. I have minor hemroids, but stay irritated back there almost all the time since I got more into biking. I dont know what to do. I'm sick of the constant problems down there! It definately has hindered my sex life! I love to ride my bike, but if this is all I can look foward to from trying to stay in shape, I'm going to look for a new hobby. If anyone has any input that might help, please respond. I mean really, women ride bicycles all the time. Is this a common side effect. I know riding with no pads was my own stupif fault, but.....

my sister was just diagnosed with lichensclerosis (sp?) and used the costizone cream. she said it was like a miracle drug. since i have been having yeast infections almost EVERY MONTH FOR AT LEAST A YEAR, and it is considered hereditory, I am going to get tested too.

I stopped the cracking and bleeding cuts, itching, burning and I am pregnant!!!! I know this is an old post but since its still here I will reply and hopefully someone else can use this information. I live in Australia now but I am from America so most of the things I used should be available there at the pharmacy or naturapath places. I have everything that all the ladies are talking about. Never had yeast infections, I have had these symptoms for a month I tried the cream, and inserted stuff. Not the oral since I am pregnant. NOTHING worked maybe relieved the symptoms a bit but they came right back.After reading all of the recommendations from other web sites and here I did them all and with in three days I am itch, cut, and burning free. I never did see a doc most would just recommend drugs anyways.
First of all I did one last inserting antifungal becasue I did have the really thick creamy cottage cheese of a yeast infection.
Then: Took two sachets of Ural (powder form of cranberry juice 9.9g each) with two tablets of cranberry 10000mg each ( which is really vitamin C).
Second I used a tea tree and lavender antiseptic 5-6 drops with 1/2 cup warm water. Used a cotton swab to dab and throw away and use another to dab another place. I did this three times a day. It really help sooth the itching and burning. Which really helped the skin heal.
Third: I have been taking one tablet twice a day of probiotics and three-four Yakult (which is a small shot of probiotics) liquid.
Fourth: I stopped eating white bread, all sugar, coffee. (Obviously I don't drink alcohol cause I am pregnant)
Fifth: I ate a couple pickles. I read a lady mention the alkaline abilities of the vinegar stuff of apple cider vinegar and it tastes like c**p so I would rather each a pickle or some olives.

I did this all every day for two days. One the third day I took a bath in a antiseptic emollient used for eczema then did the tea tree.
Now the fourth day!!! NO itching, cuts are gone, burning totally gone.

Best of all I am prego!!!! All the oral things I took are natural and water soluable which means the body uses what it needs then you pee out the rest. (Vit C, probiotics, cranberry).

I also wanted to mention that I was a little sexually active and my partner didn't mention until I told him I had cracked girly bits. He said is penis had tight skin and painful burning cracks. He isn't circumcised so he would have the same issues as us. His would go away in a week or two. But I would bet that we were passing it back and forth and not knowing it. Which wouldn't help me at all. So no sex for a while and doing all the things I said previously should make an impact.
I hope this helps anyone else out.

:O

I have this issue but mine goes from the front of my outer lips back to the end of my anus. I'm 19 and I have had this for about 3 years. I have only had sex with one person and I am still with him. I have tried powder and gels, and currently I have been trying Monistat Chafing Relief powder gel for 2 weeks now. It relieves the pain but the cuts and dry skin never go away. So far there has Not been a straight answer as to what this is. I looked at the possibility of it being Lichen Schlerosis et atrophicus but It's not. The pictures don't look near the same as what I've got. Are there any other things it could be, I know I don't have any STDs.

I have been dealing with this issue for some time. My husband doesn't understand why it's not something that can just be cured easily! For me, it is most noticeable after intercourse with my husband of 21 years. I am faithful, he is faithful, but it still happens. I am happy I found this dialogue as it makes me feel like I am not alone in this cursed issue! :$

My method of treatment currently: Wash with mild soap after bm, be careful to remove any dampness from the area (after workout, etc...), blow dry my nether regions before putting on underwear, change underwear at least 2 times a day, if possible go bottomless at night to help things breathe. Eat more yogurt. Treat cracks with Triple Antibiotic to help them heal faster.

Problems at hand:

1) Cracks forming: thin skin? sensitive skin? fungal infection (yeast)? STD?

2) Itchiness (as a result of yeast infection or healing skin itches, constant recurring cracks therefore means they are constantly in a healing process as well). Itchiness leads to scratching leads to causing more tears/rash/skin breakdown... Stop the itch! Vagisil would help and so would hydrocortisone. One worry though, I was told hydrocortisone can lead to thinning skin, so told not to use more than 2 weeks.

Treatment: My gyno recommended being careful of the soaps I use to clean myself, that the vaginal area including perineum are sensitive to harsh detergents/fragrances but to keep the area clean, and dry. Treat for yeast infection if there is that kind of discharge/itch. Add probiotics to my diet (yogurt, etc...) to boost natural bacteria. Test for STD if your doctor recommends it and there is a possible link.

I have had the same long red sores in the folds of the vulva and towards the anus, probably brought on in my case by stress and taking anitbiotics. I have found that gently applying a hot flannel a couple of times a day, wearing cotton underwear, no tight clothes, using baby wipes instead of toilet paper to prevent chaffing and applying Fem Fresh moisturiser regularly is quickly returning me to health. Hope that's of some help.

I've got the same issue. It's a yeast infection; it started when I had to take a course of antibiotics. This has happened before, and Monistat wipes it right out (although it doesn't prevent it from reoccurring later).

I was freaking out until reading your comments... i just got my check up and i am std/hiv free. I thought it was a yeast infection but after reading the sites it says nothing about these little cuts i have.  Im super itchy with the white chunky discharge and the cuts. I bought some anti-itch wipes (made for the vagina) Im going to get some cream now! Hope this goes away... gross! Thank you all for being open on this site.

I have been suffering the same thing; they started out as a few tiny sensitive bumps around the labia, which would eventually become painful sores, and I developed cracks on that area between my anus and vagina, very painful!
All of it was caused by candida and bacteria. 
I started treating my yeast infection with half solution peroxide and water, and then following up with a warm epsom salts douche about an hr later, I would do this twice daily. I would also wash the entire area in a quarter peroxide and water before the douching.
I started taking food grade peroxide orally three times a day to help clean my whole body out, there are very specific ways to do this, so please read about it thoroughly if you decide to do it too. It turns out that I also had the bad candida in my colon as well so I took worm medicine followed by a colon cleanse a couple of days later, and some diet changes including adding acidophilus and cutting gluten and sugar for a while.
I made a cream of one quarter peroxide and three quarters vagisil feminine moisturizer (clear). This cream would sting at first but it helped the sores to heal so fast! Thank God for peroxide! And the condition continues to heal till now the skin is totally closed up, a little sensitive, but getting better everyday!