Update ! After a few days of medication for yeast infection, also adding probiotic supplement to my diet, my cracks are healed and 90% gone ! Voila ! I'm so relieved. It was a bit awkward because I got my period on day two but I continued with the meds and creams and altho it got a little messy at times I was extra careful to do everything just right. Ladies! There is hope ! I will continue taking probiotics and continue to do everything needed to avoid yeast infections in the future, these last months have been so horrid, but thankfully I know there is a remedy :)

There is an article I found from a doctor stating how sensitive the ph is in our vaginal areas. Now that I'm post menopausal, the probiotics are replacing the good bacteria that my body is not producing there anymore. I ran out of my probiotics thinking I should be good, after 2 weeks my vaginal area started itching, cracking again. I immediately bought more, and again it's completely healed again. Now I am adding prebiotics to my diet, as a food for the good bacteria. I have more energy, and my doing feels amazing. For any menopausal woman research vaginal health after menopause, there are great reads, and have saved my marriage!! Even young woman, if you have to take antiobiotics, it destroys your good bacteria, taking probiotics helps restore them!! This won't be everyone's cure, but it might be a lot of people's answer. Good luck to all you ladies, I definitely understand the frustration, and pain of it all!

I also have this. Mine are more toward the bottom of the vagina. They start near the anus, and are on the perineum and labium majus. The skin around the cracks is white in color and VERY painful. The "cracks" vary in size and there are many of them....
At first I thought I just nicked the skin from the razor...but this seems to be more than just that.
I am not sure if I have an std- but I don't even know which one to look up to view pics..I saw this posting and thought someone might have an answer?

I've had the same thing happen. I've used a layer of A &D ointment not a thin layer but not that thick either. I've used it as soon as I seen or felt the cracks the pain is relieved use after you clean that area after showering or bathing . Making sure to continue to use it until cracks are healed. In my case within 2-4 days

What can I put on the skin that is cracked?

Hate to say same thing here!:(
Doing petroleum jelly, baby rash creams, zinc base creams !!! Calendula ointment, aloe Vera etc ...It is a relieve for sometime, but not the cure!

I have had this problem on and off for years and have been told by many doctors it is from wet bathing suits or yeast infections etc etc. Never any relief and I have used every cream I could. I have stayed away from alcohol, certain foods and it continues to come back. I thank you for having posted this, I will definitely look into this as I have been suffering on and off for 20 years now. Thank you!

Could have a yeast infection. They are common symptoms of them

Sounds like Hpv or the warts virus if it isn't going away. A simple cream from your doctor will make them go away.

Sounds like possible genital herpes. The doctor needs to test you.

Thank you for sharing it really works

I take a warm or hot bath. Really depends how warm you like it. I add lavender essential oil in my bath every night or every other night. All of my cracking is gone and hasn't returned. I think you should atleast try it. Before I had decided to add lavender to my bath I went to my doctor just to make sure ever thing was healthy and I didn't have any infections or cause for the cracks. Good luck

I was diagnosed with genital herpes a few years ago, in the middle of the monogamous relationship I was (and still am) in. I was HORRIFIED. My bf had a canker sore (oral herpes) in his mouth/I had shaved around my vagina/we had oral sex. He's never had a genital breakout, but that open skin contact did it for me. We had no idea. Once I learned from my gynecologist how easy it is to contract, and HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE IT and don't show symptoms, I let go of my emotional self-inflicted misery! This preface is to say that tiny, painful, cracks around the vagina CAN be a pretty typical herpes symptom, and Valtrex (Rx) heals it right up. Google "vaginal herpes cracked skin" and see if it sounds like what you have. I rarely have an "outbreak" unless I've been sick or super stressed (when my immunity is weakened), but when I do, I get one or two tiny red cracks in my skin around my vulva, and they feel kinda tingly/stinging/needle-y. And urinating burns. But Valtrex takes care of them within days. Nothing topical works for me. So just have it checked, don't beat yourself up, and if it's positive, keep a Valtrex Rx on hand. Good luck!

Please just get tested for genital herpes! This is a very typical symptom, and it's terrible that you've suffered so long. It's so easy to contract, it's nothing to be ashamed of, and Valtrex (Rx) heals it up in days!