vangie1005 wrote:

its me!!! i will wake up and feel anxious like literally open my eyes and i feel it coming!! it freaks me out. i just want it to stop. i hope my kids never do drugs seeing what it has done to me. oh and going out to the bar and drinking was not a good idea at all. i almost had a break down right there in front of everyone...embarrassing!!!

Look, to everyone here experiencing this, including me:
It's not the drug that's doing this to you. It's not the alcohol either. Sure they may trigger a panic attack but the attack is happening because you're focusing so hard on how you feel. And if you don't feel well you worry which increases your heart rate, produces adrenaline, endocrine response etc, and this causes you to worry even more which causes an even harder physical response .... Then the cycle continues suddenly until you're having a full-on am-i-gonna-die panic attack. The pot triggered this because you began focusing on how you feel from the high, then the slightest worry about the effects of the marijuana begins the cycle.

The key is to know, really know that the problem is your fear, not the external circumstance that triggered it. If you can ignore the fear, but not only ignore it but replace it with something positive to get your mind off the fear, you'll be surprised at how quickly the positive feelings come back. You must concentrate hard on feeling happy. It's the hardest thing to do while panicking but you must pretend, smile, and replace the negative worrying thoughts with a flurry of things you're grateful for or that you're looking forward to. It's so hard to believe that it's "all in your head" because you just got through smoking something that triggered the cycle and you want to blame that, but it's your own cycle of negative thoughts that if broken will remedy the attack.

Stay healthy, keep up the vitamins and exercise (5 days a week for 30min a day) and you're body will produce normal amounts of endorphins that will be a step in making these panic attacks a thing of the past.

Another trick to play with yourself that works very well for me, is to make fun and light of your own panic and fear when it's trying to overtake you. Imagine it as a funny, bumbling cartoon creature (mine's a little green troll that can't possibly make himself scary no matter how hard he tries). Make him clumsy and useless and a bit pathetically humorous. I know this sounds a little kooky, but in these situations that's what you need, the opposite of serious. Then as soon as the fear begins to recede, smile and remind yourself that not only are you safe, but the fear is under your control now and you've learned how to master your reactions. With just a little more practice you'll be able to confidently approach anything knowing that yes a panic attack is still possible, but now you'll be able to stop it before it even starts.

Panic attacks are normal. Everyone in the world will most likely have one at some time or another. Getting out of chronic panic attacks only takes the knowledge of how to do so.

I have panic attacks after months of smoking weed, It has happened twice ever since i smoke, but I personally think smoking constantly in short intervals is the main cause.

my dude yours out of every other one of these freak outs is the closest to mine you just gatta forget about it dont let it stress you out cuz if you go to the hosspital there going to tell you that nothing is wrong with your heart smoke less intense strains like no sour or train wreck no sh*t like that like head high not body numbing if it happeneds again eat a piece of minty gum and drink water and zone on some video games the water and minty gum will make you feel the air going into your throat and youll forget about it in 5 min

This happend to a few friends of mine. It seems your weed was laced with harroin (sorry i cant spell too well, hope you can read)

yes you had a panic attack. I have GAD which is general anxiety disorder and am prone to having panic attacks at anytime for absolutely no reason. smoking has induced a panic attack on me several times but only happens when i smoke too much at one time. just take it slow and let your body and brain adjust to the effects. always keep in mind panic attacks is the body going into "flight" mode which gives you a boost of adrenaline which causes your heart rate to increase. All you know is your heart rate is increased and then you freak out about that which only intensifies the panic attack and continues the adrenaline dump. remember to just lay on your back and accept you are having a panic attack most important concentrate on your breathing. in through the nose and out the mouth in a controlled manner. im not a doctor these are my personal experiences but i have been in that spot many times sometimes they have lasted an hour on me and then i go back to normal. for more information search panic attacks it will confirm what you had because there are several symptoms of these. when i have them my heart rate is around 200 bpm

My body became numb my heart started racing,  feelt like my organs were twisting and turning, reaally thought i was going to diie..

and im a semiheavy smoker, couple of Js everyday, shiiet   started praying inside me saying to god i wa gonna quit forever if u jut let me live, haha thinking about makes me laugh

I had the exact same thing happen to me lastnight. I smoked a bowl, went inside to watch a movie. Then I got up for a second to turn off a light. Then I just felt crazy stoned(I'm a heavy smoker but I stopped for a few days before this to clear up the lungs a bit) and I started thinking bad thought about myself. Like it just came out of nowhere, thinking I was worthless and whatnot. So I decided to go to bed. I then felt like I was falling through a tunnel. I got up right away and turned on the lights. I felt detached from myself and it felt like my heart was bursting out of my chest. I instantly thought the weed was laced which caused me to freak even more cuz I'm epileptic and drugs like coke and pcp will induce a seizure. I hopped in the cold shower and sat down and tried to meditate which was very hard. Then I went outside and did the same, that helped quite a bit. The sound of the ocean helped me breathe. Then I went to lay in bed again. My heart was still pounding but I turned on a movie to distract myself and I eventually fell asleep. I woke up really drained and pretty traumatized. I saw the doctor and got a drug test to make sure and weed was the only drug that showed up, pheeeew! So no need to worry. Lacing drugs with weed is an old myth and its just not something a dealer would do if they wanted to be economically efficient. It's usually friends or someone at a party that'll do it so they can watch u and get a kick out of it which is pretty stupid in my opinion.

THC causes a drop in blood pressure and an increase in heart rate; you know how sometimes, if you're sitting in a deep couch and you stand up too quickly, you get light headed and might have disturbed vision for a few seconds. This is caused by a sudden drop in blood pressure. When you stand up, your heart raises in elevation, thus gravitation has less time to act on it, which, coupled with the sudden reduction in force that heart needs to produce to pump the blood (also due to the increased gravitation; it's easier to roll a ball down a hill than it is for opposite.So, depending on the factors involved, it is entirely possible that you passed out due to low blood pressure. Which, you may want to get checked out. It could be an underlying heart condition or, more likely, it was just low blood pressure due to a combination of the above factors. Try smoking slower, smoking less, and smoking in a position in which your heart is above your center of gravity. i.e sitting upright, sitting in a chair, standing, etc. Pretty much, if you're right side up and your back is straight, you're okay. This also should put less strain on the lungs. 

Oh, how the laws of physics are able to explain everything.

Please excuse my poor formatting.

Half of your body is dead. The weed was stimulating your brain and trying to wake up that side. Tell me, do you breathe throughh BOTH your lungs? And is your jaw limp on one side? Are you possibly blind in one eye? Clamp your jaw shut with all your muscle and you will feel the eight side of your faces muscle' are dead, and what feels weird when flexing was just the limp muscle....

Don't listen to that other guy it wasn't laced the same exact thing happened to me twice. Weed can make you very paranoid thats what happened you, started being afraid of anything, things that weren't even scary.My story was just as bad I ended up falling asleep to me shaking and breathing heavy my heart felt like it was going to explode. You just have to convince yourself everything is fine.

Just happened to me. I wonder if it's deadly

this has happend to me in the past but slightly diffrent my heart was going 150 beats per minuete and my vission went weird i have had to go to the hospital twice for doing weed i have smoked it in the past but i suggest to give up if your body dosn't agree with you when you smoke it don't your life is more important then a (high)

Wow yeah This just happened to me but i think I greened out cuz I had some perscription pain pills because I recently haf a surgery, but hours later I had a dab, and apperently dabs are more potent then just smoking it, but it was really bad I couldn't feel parts of my body and I could hardly see or hear anything and nothing was real. My mom stayed with me until I fell asleep but she was also freaked out. But the next day I felt hungover basically, and I didn't eat much, and now it's the 3rd day since it happend and I still feel sick. ;-;

This is a bad combination. I smoked weed for the first time in like 5 years and I was fine. I've been on zoloft for about 3 years too by the way. However the other night we tried smoking again while we were driving out of town and I was fine at first. I just felt high and then all of a sudden my ears started ringing and I got cold and hot and I felt like I had overdosed. (I've had bad reactions in the past from mixing drugs or taking too many) then I threw up. I thought it was over and a few minutes later my legs went numb and I felt like I couldn't talk and I tried to basically climb out the window. It was so scary. I'm never doing that again. Zoloft and weed are definitely a bad combination.