Didn't want to try and read all of these, but the solution to the original question may be a condition called Hidradenitis Suppurativa. It creates painful boils and can affect more than just the groin region. It is likely hormonal bc they do not appear before puberty and or after menopause. There isn't much a doctor can do. Hope this may put to rest some concerns, and give you something to Google :)

This is great, yet crazy at the same time. I am 37 and just started getting the same ones appearing in same places for a few months now, and I have it matched exactly with a day or two before period begins. Not to mention, my period has gotten worse. One is below the breast where the wire rubs and other is down below. Both are extremely painful!!

Im 18 years old and ive been getting almost the same thing for over a year now, but they almost never are in the same spot once which really sucks because it left me with so many scars all over my body. I have found that just applying a drawing salve 3-6 times a day and changing bandages (even tho it hurts like hell to take them off because the skin is already tender from the boil itself) each time makes it go away rather quickly and it drains more than when you dont use drawing salve, it also helps it to not scar as much if you use drawing salve over neosporine once its done draining and keep it covered an extra day. I really have no idea why this happens, im a generally healthy person and my periods arent always regular but the boil never fails to let me know my period is about to come. My mom told me that it can be caused purely by my body wanting to release any toxins before my period starts because it finally found a way for me to not get sick every time I get my period (I have a very weak immune system and it weakens more when im menstruating), which may be the case but I would really like to see an actual case study done on this so that all of us who experience this can finally understand why we are experiencing it. Clearly it happens to many people, and causes us lots of pain and discomfort so something should be done about it.

Talk to your mom and your doctor about taking turmeric. See if that helps.

Ive had a boil everytime i have a period. Same spot upper pubic area. I believe its because we wear pads and wet+warm=bacteria. Im glad to see other women with the same problems

Please try turmeric.

I have crohns and go through the exact same thing when I'm on biologics especially!! not just panty line tho. I get them anywhere on my butt or close to my rectum. ONE actually turned into a freaking fistula the bastard.

I have also been getting these since I was very young, I think before high school and was too scared to say anything. I know finally understand what they are and have noticed that I get them before and during my period. Ever since going on birth control about two years ago, my periods have become very inconsistent and I get the boils less now. I used to get them on the left side of my vagina and now I have a scar in that spot. However now I get them on the right side in the same spot and I currently have one that is bigger than ever before. I've told my doctors before and was given a few suggestions but none really help. They seem to get progressively worse starting when I was young and they wouldn't even come to a head, to now and I cant walk without pain. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who deals with this problem but I really want to know if this will last the rest of my life.

I've done a lot of research havents talked to my new Dr. About this yet but something new I found... Basically is humira below
Biologic is the first FDA-approved treatment for HS
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the first treatment for HS in 2015. It is a biologic called adalimumab (a dal aye'mu mab). In studies, the patients who received adalimumab had noticeably fewer abscesses and nodules.

The FDA has approved adalimumab for adults who have moderate (Hurley stage II) or severe (Hurley stage III) HS.

Boil on my groin when an having my period

I'm so glad I found this site!! I feel alot more comfortable knowing I'm not the only one going through this and i'm 39yrs old!!

I have been ridled with this problem since I was teenager I am now 40 and I have them always in my grone area mostly on my inner thigh bone beside my pubic area on my bum cheeks. I was told it was shaving so I stopped shaving and I always got them even where there was no hair follicles. My doctor has checked me for diabetes co stantly over the years but I am always clear.
I have always put it down to immune system and diet and stress.
recently I have had many blood texts and it has show my platelets are high? This is to do with your white cells and red cells and how your blood clots. I have been referred to haemotology for further investigation but my doctor said I probably will need to be on aspirin for life as it's a genetic thing.
I don't know if this is connected in any way but I feel it is. I will update once I find out of related. I'm so pleased I'm not the only one who suffers from this awful thing! Big hugs for everyone that does have this x

I started getting then after I had my daughter. But under my breast in the same spot each month. Once it drains my cycle starts.. I was really concerned thinking it was breast cancer so I was on a mission to figure this out . I was told it is very common that it was due too hormones..

I started getting them about a year ago. I'm 50 and never had this problem before. Mine are always on my left leg, never my right. I have one now and it's probably about the size of an egg yoke. One of the ones that was thst size back in the summer, popped on its own and so much stuff came out of it.It left a hole in my leg as a scar. Another one was a pure blood clot about the size of a marble. I too noticed that just as I start my period sure enough one pops up. My husband believes that it is blood related or hormone related and maybe both.

Eat clean and it won't be a problem ever again!