The zinc doesn't seem to have done much... Still have one from months ago n a new one too...

I have been suffering boils usually a week before my period for the past years now. Every month prior to my menstruation i have these painful bumps usually between my thighs, mons pubis, butt and just below my armpit; and it appears on the same spot every time. I never tried consulting a doctor regarding this situation because i got scared that i may have some terminal disease and these are the symptoms. but lately, i have been curious to find out if there are other women who suffers the same case as mine. Im relieved that I am not the only one with this kind, and that it is not related to any major diseases.

What i do every time i have these is that when im just at home, i do not use panty so that it wont irritate my skin and i usually apply an antibiotic cream to the boil 2x a day and a hot compress, and then 2 days after, the bump lessens and the pain goes off. but it leaves a a dark spot and i cant do anything about it so it kind of lessens my confidence especially in my armpit and butt area.

Im just curious how long will it be like this? will i have these boils for the rest of my life now? as much as possible i want to remove these boils before i get married because it would be a shame and it's so embarrassing having such.

having pimples just before menstruation is just normal because of your hormones doing their thing. just drink a lot of water and refrain from touching your face too much especially your pimples because it will just irritate them. I think it has nothing to do with your immune system dear.

Please try taking turmeric. I cook with it whenever possible. I did talk to my doctor about it and he gave me antibiotics (Bactrim) but you can't keep taking those. See your doctor and take turmeric.

Hi. I also have the had the same issue for a few years now with the tiny boils (about 5) always appearing during or right after period. I recall that it started right about when my period started becoming heavy due to fibroids. Initially I thought it might be an infection, however my gynaecologist had all manners of test done twice including HPV (herpes) and HIV tests and came up with nothing. I was adviced to stop wearing tight and non-cotton underwear and did get some relief for about 2 years until 3 months ago when it started again. Both my GP and gynae are so sure it's not an STD and have only been able to prescribe pain killers and antibiotics for when the boil opens. Now I'm 3 days into my period and currently going through an episode.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Sorry i posted the wrong link. The condition is called hydradenitis suppurativa. 

I've been dealing with a boil on the thin skin in my butt crack for what seems like years. Unfortunately, I don't have a female confidant to talk about this with. So, all this time I've been popping it any others open when I get them. THANK YOU for this post! I was thinking it was related to my.cycle but couldn't find any info. I now know what to do (and what not to do). So happy it's not just me.

Currently my most recurring boil is huge and painful. The groin area on that side of my body is painful. Now that I know it's just my lymph glands doing their job, I'm not panicking that I have some horrible disease! Going to enjoy a nice hot sitz bath.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Do a Google search of hydradenitis suppurativa turmeric - you will find success stories!

Wow this is crazy... I was just saying to myself I wonder if it's my period starting these boils, then this site popped up and it's all the same exact way... I get them on my butt, and like 3 or for at my pantie line area. It's does that every period. Some pple say we are carriers of boils and need to put the antibiotics into your nose to clear out your system... but I thought that's why us women have periods to clean out our bodies.

yes, right now im taking turmeric tea. :) thanks for the tip.

Reply back when it works for you!

That's exactly what is happening to me. A friend has the same problem and she said she stopped wearing panties and they went away. I tried it and it worked! Two days ago my period started so I'm wearing panties, it's back and more painful then ever.

Sounds like hidradentis supparativa to me.

I used to have the same thing sometimes on my inner thigh sometimes more on my vaginal area but it would happen around my period and it would be painful so I would pop it and it would drain dark Blood sorry it was gross. Soon after this started I found out I had a huge cyst on my ovary a dermoid cyst actually and I ended up having to have it removed the cyst and my ovary. After that I noticed I never had painful irregular periods and the cysts around monthly time stopped! It's crazy has to be related!!!!

Wow I've been getting these bumps 5dayir before if it's on one of my butt cheek it will be In the same spot on the other side then goes away as my cycle is lighting up thought something was wrong with me until I noticed it was happening every month for about 7 months now thanks for sharing everyone I thought I was alone. Is there something I can take to stop this