You said you began keeping yours retracted when you were 14. How did you get the idea to do that? Did your father or mother show you or did you think of it yourself?

At that age I used to masturbate sometimes at bed time and go to sleep with mine retracted. Usually it was back in place by morning but sometimes it wasn't and the glans was nice and dry and not as sensitive. I really liked the feeling of it that way but it always slipped back in place during the day. Being able to touch it when it was like that was great but it never occurred to me to try to make it stay back on it's own.

I certainly had no one to talk to me about that when I was young. Nobody told us anything in my day. My mother did retract mine for cleaning at bath time from as early as I can remember so I was lucky enough to grow up with a fully and easily retractable foreskin.

I'm glad your boy's skin retracted so comfortably, that seems to be a real plus in life when I read some of the stories on this forum. I never thought other guys (boys) had such terrible problems with tightness or grew up not knowing it could be retracted.

I'm interested in hearing how it goes. I really wish mine had been kept back when I was young.

I read some of the posts onhere last night when searching for a solution for my son. i was surprised at my findings very informative.

i am a single father age 30 my parents had me circumcised very young, well not long after birth not sure why i never got told all i know was it is not s religious thing our family dont follow any religion.   now i have a son he is 10, he is complaining of a smell coming from his penis. he washes in the shower every day and the only way he can keep the smell at bay is to wash his penis each time after urinating. he says he retracts the skin prior to urinating to reduce the residue of urine that stays inside the foreskin. but he does not wipe the tip always.   the smell is noticeable to me sometimes and it is slightly fishy / cheesy  and he is getting a large build up of white gunge inside the foreskin.  do you think keeping the foreskin retracted would help with this. reading most of the comments here i am inclined to think so.   i was also wondering the significance of the wearing of speedos in Gadgets post or is it just personal preference of daily underwear. i did notice on a recent holiday (July) the smell was not too bad when my son wore swim shorts every day all nylon with nylon liner.  he normally wears cotton briefs when the smell is at its worst. i have no problem with a change of underwear to something nylon or even speedos if this works.

i dont want to go to the doctor if this is something just as simple as most here are saying keep the skin retracted, he is shy and does not like to talk about this problem much, so i am trying to get this problem sorted before the end of the school holidays in 3 weeks time.

any help would be most appreciated

What started it for me was a friend i was in school with was circumcised and i saw my penis looked similar to his with the skin retracted so just tried it one day we went swimming at the local lake during school holidays. did not mention it to mum or dad until a few months later, Dad just said he thought it was a good idea and suggested to let the skin go back over the head occasionally to wash the skin that was bunched up.

quick update on the youngest, he has just come home from the lake swimming with his brothers and friends, i asked him how "things" were going he told me the skin has stayed back all day without having to re-adjust it at all. he did also say that swimming it felt different as the water washed around his penis, i told him this feeling would possibly get less as time went on. i did notice last night as he was in the lounge when they got home after their evening at the lake he had a few erections, i did not mention this just put that down to the sensitivity of the penis rubbing inside his speedos.

in answer to "Father of One"
Speedos this is just the underwear of choice i wore them from a young age, and when the oldest son was old enough and dry during the day he started to do the same and this has just been the same with all three boys. we all swim at the lake every day so it saves a lot of time changing... more convenient and with the skin retracted the smooth nyon of the speedos was better in the beginning (no chaffing) of the sensitive part of the penis. possibly the reason your sons "Smell" issue is worse in cotton briefs is they will stay damp longer with the residue of urine. but my sons smell problem went away with retracting the foreskin.

you say your son has swim shorts in nylon... let him try those with the skin retracted and see if there is a difference to the regular cotton briefs. since wearing my speedos as underwear i find they dry faster when i sweat a lot... sothat may be contributing to your sons smell issue?..
hope this helps. Gadget

My experience is that if I wear cotton jockeys, moisture accumulates. I have always had a tendengy to drip a little after urinating. Retracting foreskin during urination has no effect. Wiping tip of penis snereal seconds later (the longer the better) helps, and of course contracting the pemvic floor muscle (the one that makes a hard penis move) helps too, but not even circumcision will help. The only foolproof solution I have found is wearing boxer shorts, so that ant moisture has a chance to evaporate. I hope this helps.

Do you think the smell is from urine?
I think it's probably from the smegma that builds up under the foreskin. Having it retracted as much as possible will likely help with that. When I was that age and producing a lot of it I had to clean it often to keep the smell away. I used to retract and wipe it with toilet paper as often as I had the chance.

I don't think it's anything you need to see a doctor for.

I would expect to see some erections due to the freshly exposed glans being constantly rubbed. That was always the quickest way for me produce one, exposing it and touching it. Did your other boys experience that in the beginning?

That was the subject of a lot of jokes on Married With Children when Al Bundy got an accidental circumcision at the hospital. His teenaged daughter was always noticing his almost constant erection and making comments.

The glans gets toughened up to that after a while and it stops. You must have experienced it yourself.

Thanks for the usefull comment. "Smegma" i knew there would be a medical name for that cheesy gunge.

we did have a chat last night when he got home from his friends. and i suggested retracting the skin and also suggested as it is summer he try his swim shorts for a day or two. he tried last night to retract the skin and with surprising easy it seemed to stay back during the few hours up to bed time, although it had rolled back this morning when he got up. he has just arrived home for tea and he said the smell has gone now. he said he did have to re adjust the skin twice today but that was all. so if after tomorrow he is still smell free then we will have to think about choice of underwear see if going back to briefs is an option or buy a pair of speedos or two. sports direct seem to have some for not much money so maybe a visit there over the weekend.

thanks again i will post back again next week when we have more news.

Thanks for the comments. like i said he normally wears cotton briefs, he did try boxers for a while but he did not like them he said he likes the support of briefs. he has tried his nylon lined swim shorts today and he had fully retracted the foreskin. he returned home about half an hour ago and he told me then smell had gone. so in the short term we have a result. my conclusion is that the nylon lining dries faster than cotton briefs and dribbles of urine are away from the penis quicker along with not building up any "Smegma" so we will see how things go over the weekend. imay go to sports direct and get him some speedos and let him try those. thanks again for the help i will keep you updated

Thanks for the reply, thinking back to the other boys, yes they both had the same for about a month or so. thinking back to when i was 14 i do remember a few in sport at school a bit embarrassing at first but again after a few weeks things settled down.

so day two and the youngest has had no problems with keeping the skin retracted, he told me earlier the skin stayed back all night last night too. we are all going to the beach tomorrow just hope the weather stays good. the wife has now agreed that we have done the right thing for the youngest, she has been reading about this on the internet, and discussed with her sister who has four boys all under 14, they all have their skins retracted.

did not see the tv show Married with Children but have herd others at work talk about it.

I enjoy reading your posts because it's nice to hear from someone whose family is so closely in touch with their boys. Your wife's sister with four boys and knows so much about them just blows my mind. Do either of you have any girls and are you as close with them? I think they are very lucky to have such families.

Some men like to wear their foreskins permanently retracted. They seem to do
okay with it.

The danger is that paraphimosis may develop. Paraphimosis is the name of the condition of a retracted foreskin that is stuck behind the glans penis (head) of the penis and will not go forward. One can read about paraphimosis on the Internet.

If the foreskin is tight enough it can cut off blood circulation to the head and cause edema (swelling due to fluid accumulation). Paraphimosis should be promptly reduced when it occurs. Paraphimosis may be reduced by squeezing the head of the penis really hard to force the blood to leave the head. This will temporarily reduce the size of the head at which time the foreskin may be brought forward.

If attempts to reduce the paraphimosis are unsuccessful, then one should go to the emergency room of a nearby hospital. It is not necessary or advisable to be circumcised although some old-fashioned doctors are likely to recommend it.

Other men are simply unable to keep their foreskins retracted. Their foreskins roll/slide forward when released and recover the glans penis.

It seems that the dartos muscle sheath in your foreskin has shortened due to be constantly retracted. You must start stretching your foreskin to accomplish tissue expansion. One can do this in the same way that one restores a foreskin. Since you already have a foreskin it should not take long at all, certainly not the length of time it takes to restore a foreskin.

The decision to restore one's foreskin is a personal decision. It depends on how strong one’s feelings are about one’s unwanted non-voluntary circumcision, because foreskin restoration by tissue expansion is somewhat slow. Some men think it is worthwhile to restore and others don't think so.

Some believe that foreskin restoration goes much faster when one is young because there is more growth hormone in the body. The stretching causes tissue expansion and permanent growth of the length of your foreskin.

Foreskin restoration was known in ancient times, but the technique was lost and rediscovered in the late 20th century.

Foreskin restoration works by "tissue expansion". When traction is applied to skin to keep it under tension, the skin react by expanding to relieve the tension. New skin cells are formed and the skin under tension expands. This is a permanent increase. Cells divide to create two skin cells out of one. The process is called "mitosis".

For foreskin restoration the shaft skin is placed under longitudinal tension, which causes it to expand so as to make it longer. As the shaft skin gets longer, one starts to see little wrinkles in the skin. As elongation continues, skin will start to pile up in the coronal sulcus. Then, with increasing length, the shaft skin will start to lap over the head in a little fold. This is the start of the new foreskin.

Continued stretching and skin expansion will eventually cover the head of the penis with foreskin. Over the longer term, it is possible to create a foreskin that is long enough to cover the erect penis.

As the foreskin lengthens, the scar from the circumcision is covered over and disappears. The result is a very natural appearing foreskin that is very difficult to distinguish from a natural foreskin.

The procedure does not use drugs or surgery and the medical profession is not involved in any way. Non-surgical foreskin restoration is very safe.

There are now several good devices on the market to make foreskin restoration go faster.

Search the Internet for "foreskin restoration" for more information.

no there are no girls in the two family's so in a way a lot less to worry about.

Well friday we decided to take a tent to the beach and have a couple of days there. all went well and most of the 2 day s was spent swimming and ball games on the beach. the youngest has had no problems with keeping the skin retracted and he has been sleeping with it retracted. he is liking the way it looks and feels, spent all weekend in his speedos and his erections are getting less frequent. think i may have to get him some new speedos, the ones he has are wearing out and i have spotted Aussiebums smallest size is just right for him the other boys have the nylon clasics.

i will post again later in the week when he has been retracted a whole week and hopefully with no problems none of the other boys had any problems so not anticipating any.

The weekend went well my son has had his skin retracted now without issue for 4 days. he is getting more erections than normal but i do understand this will deminish in time, the nylon shorts seemed to keep him cooler he says. we went to our local sports direct yesterday and i bought him 2 pairs of speedos (Slazenger) to try. today is his first day wearing them and he likes them. he has always worn shorts to swim so the speedo style is new to him. although his normal underwear is briefs.

this afternoon he has gone swimming with a couple of friends from school. there is a local sand hole that the boys use to swim in, so tonight i will know what he thinks of the speedos for swimming in. i did get him to take a shower in them this morning so he would know what they looked like wet when they tend to cling to your body. he said when he looked in the mirror that he thought he looked better now with the skin retracted he thought it "showed of his bitsbetter" in his words. he said his friends all looked "Bigger" than he did. maybe a boost to his self confidence, he has always been shy and with his smell issue he has not gone out much recently. i will post back later in the week when he has done a week fully retracted.

About looking bigger. When I was in school where we showered together after gym class, generally the guys who were circumcised seemed to look bigger than the rest of us. We were all different sizes of course but they seemed to be bigger. I figured it must be because they didn't have a foreskin squeezing it. I figured our foreskins just helped squeeze more blood out when we were not erect.

Either that or they were always half erect from their bare glans being stimulated all the time. I didn't think that would be the case because when a bunch of us got together to masturbate the circumcised guys were more difficult to erect as their glans was not as responsive to the touch.

Those bathing suits aren't seen much over here in the states so his comment about showing off his bits is interesting to me. I think it's nice that guys like showing that. Do the girls like that too? We always look to see what outline of their bits the girls are showing but I'm not aware of our girls paying much attention to us.