hey, i wanna know what's this pimple like growing under my eyes. it really bothers me. i notice also that it's getting many. my mother has it too so im concluding maybe it has something to do with inheritance. what should i do?

A pic might be helpful....

But if I have to guess, I'd guess that it's milia. They are small white bumps under the eye, and are made up of skin cells and sebum. They are often caused by using heavy products, such as eye creams that are richer than you need.

If they get big or annoying, you can have a doc remove it. Or you can use an AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) or BHA (beta hydroxy acid) skin cream around your eyes, which will speed up skin cell turnover and bring the milia up to the surface faster. (Added benefit: if you have any wrinkles at all in the area, the AHA or BHA helps those, too!) Gentle exfoliation will also help to bring the bumps to the surface.

Since the skin around the eyes is delicate, it's not recommended to try to remove milia yourself, especially if you get one on the eyelid!

Check out this article: dermadoctor.com/pages/newsletter56.asp