The bowel problems and diarrhea might be related to Candida problems. Try to find the book "The Missing Diagnosis" by Dr. Orion Truss from Birmingham, AL. He saved my husbands life. Go to a health food store or drug store and buy live cultures from the refrigerated section. Lactonex or some other kinds of acidophiles will help bowl problems. Candida is a yeast that we all have and it multiplies when we take antibiotics or birth control or eat too much sugar. I just started having gall bladder problems and am scheduled for an ultrasound Monday. I have had several attacks in the last 6 weeks. I am currently on a low fat diet and am managing it but I still feel pain in my upper right abdomen. What I read from others was very helpful. Thanks.

Guest wrote:

I had my gallbladdar removed March 12, 2006. Prevously I've had Irritable Bowel Syndrome since I was 9 years old. I am now 21. Since the removal of my gallbladdar, I have had NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. I've lost jobs due to being in the bathroom. I'l lbe ok for 2-5 days, then get sick with diarehea and nausea and be tired. Doctors are crazy "oh its the flu" - my IBS has been under control, and I've only had these reaccuring problems since my gallbladdar has been out. I take 2-4 Immodium a day - nothing works! I'm scheduling my seocnd scope / colonoscopy!! SOMETHING HAS GOTTA BE DONE - anyone have any suggestions?

Have you ever been tested for Celiac Disease? Many patients are often diagnosed with IBS first and end up never knowing they have it.

I had my gall bladder out last week and I've been quite lucky and found I can eat almost anything. I was told that as the bile is no longer stored in a pouch, it passes directly into the intestines, and therefore sweeps away any fat present, which is accountable for the diarrhea. Now I've been a lot, but its not diarrhea, so for that I'm grateful. I've lost 5lbs in 6 days which is great for me, as I've been struggling to get my weight down for years. I find I've been losing and gaining the same 3lbs over and over.

Anyway, I wasn't given any specific food groups to stay away from. I can honestly say that over the last couple of days, when I've eaten something as a little treat, I get a dull ache in the region where the gall bladder was. Now my stitches are still in, but the pain is a couple of inches over from the hole. I'm guessing that's my body adjusting to the lack of gall bladder now.

I would definitely say, its the best decision I made.

Hi, I have had to go onto different sites/forums to find out about my problems. I had my gall bladder out 3 wks ago, straightforward, sore afterwards but getting back to normal. But I have also have a really bad back, back of my neck is covered in a rash and itching all the time and the old fave 'dumping syndrome' These three symptoms have been mentioned quite a bit and it's helpful to know that I'm not going crazy 8-|

I have lost quite a bit of weight due to food going in one end and coming out the other just as fast!!!! So it looks like small, healthy amounts, very low fat and lots of water, looks like years of trying to diet has finally come to a halt XD Not sure what to do about my back pain tho!! And no the Doctor's never tell you this....

Thank God for friends....I had gall bladder surgery 18 months ago and have had bouts with diahrrea (going as much as 5 times within an hour). This would be intermittent but not certain what the cause...or when it would happen. I figured it had to do with the gall bladder. About 6 weeks ago, I talked to a friend who had the surgery about 20 years ago. She laughed when I talked to her about it as she said NO ONE discussed such details. Good Friend that she was (also a health teacher) told me how fiber was so important in the diet. Why would I need more fiber?? First she told me to write down everything I ate and pay attention to when the trips to the bathroom came on. But MOST IMPORTANT she recommended using FIBER. She said popcorn would help. I have found taking 1 teaspoon of FIBERSURE in my coffee (no flavor) in the morning made all the difference in the world. Almost immediately I had regular bowel movements. No more loose stools. Once a day. Every once in a while more but that was due to my eating "garbage". I had cried when I read some of the postings on several of the "Post Gall Bladder Surgery" sites as I thought there was no hope...I have several trips coming up and how could I possibly fly on a plane. Urgency was the feeling when the "need" to get to the bathroom. I sure hope this gets passed on if any of you try this and you have the success I feel. It sure has saved me from needing further medication which sounded miserable. :-D

I'm scheduled to have my gallbladder out this coming Friday (outpatient surgery) and even after reading some of these posts, am looking forward to it. The diarrhea will be nothing to me compared to the increasing in frequency gallstone attacks. The one thing I'll be thankful for is being able to work out of the house so at least I'll be close to the bathroom XD I'll check in afterwards to let you all know if I still feel like it was a good decision or not :-)

I am 27 and had my gallbladder out 3 months ago. On a daily basis I have diarrhea. Before my gallbladder problems I had a pretty strong stomach and it would take a lot to upset it so this change in events is a big problem. Although Im glad I don't have to experience another gallstone attack!!
It makes sense with what some are saying in staying away from fats and not having diarrhea problems, because the gallbladders function is to help breakdown fats and without it you don't have that added assistance.
I need to apply that in my diet because I usually only get to eat one meal a day on average, in an attempt to avoid going to the bathroom.

Recently my diet has been all over the place and i have been experiencing side pains where my gallbladder used to be. But before I had surgery I read stones can still be created even without the gallbladder, I don't know if there is truth to that. Has anyone experienced this? Or have pain in that same spot?

I had my gallbladder removed recently , actually two weeks ago today (3/3/09) I had been on this site prior to the surgery and didn't know what to expect. I was bloated and constipated right after the surgery but I finally drank some extra strength Maalox and half a chili dog and that relieved the gas. (The chili dog was AWFUL) I loved chili dogs prior to the surgery but I had been suffering with symptoms for so long I had almost completely cut out all fats.

I've had NO DIARRHEA WHATSOEVER and have completely changed my diet. My doctor as well said I could go back to eating all the things I loved...don't believe the hype! You can't! I decided to push the envelope yesterday and try a PORK taco. Within 20 minutes I was sick to my stomach and vomitting within 3 hours. I've completely changed my diet to multi-grains, whole whest, veges, fruits and tons of water. I've lost 11 pounds and I realize that the food that got me in this mess in the first place I will just have to do without. I'm going to start exercising a lot more as well. The surgery was a wake up call for me to finally get health. I'm a 51 year old AA female. I'm paying attention to these posts and will keep you all posted. Some of you are really going through and I feel for you. All I can add is - STAY AWAY FROM FATS!

I've had IBS my whole life and last year I had my gallbladder out (a complication of my gastric bypass surgery where I lost 200 lbs). After surgery I had a hard time with food. I already have malabsorbtion from the bypass but now it's worse. At first I would have this pain on the left side of my back and it would start to travel around to the front of my body, where I would be in the bathroom for about 2 hours with cramps and finally diarrhea. Well, I did research and paid attention to what I ate. Milk protien and high-fructose corn syrup will cause this intense gas and diarrhea. There is a Post Gallbladder Syndrome where your body doesn't handle the bile after your gallbladder has been removed. There are some medicines your doctor can give you to help with this. Pay attention to your body after eating and do your research. :-D

XD is it safe to drink alcohol a week after having my gall bladder removed

I had lapro GB surgery 1 week ago for full removal of multiple stones. I'm still in alot of discomfort and r-e-a-l-l-y bloated . 4days post-op the constipation was upsetting, so I reviewed the side effects of the Percoset pain pills I was given - yup, constipation. I stopped the pills and decided to grumble thru the pain and added "Metamucil" fiber to the water and it has fixed the problem! Wondering if others have info on how long this 6mos preg bloating sensation continues - getting demoralized, wanting this to be over yesterday.

To All,
I HAVE GREAT NEWS!!!!! :-D TIME TO TAKE BACK CONTROL

My mother gave me these ACTIVIA CHEWABLE tablets. I have been taking for almost 6 months. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH MY BOWELS HAVE CHANGED. i have also been taking FIBER CHOICE chewables every day. I know my life has been givin back to me as much as it can with out a GALL BLADDER. I eat very healthy and have lost 60 pounds i HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you stay away from fatty meats(red meats) once in a while.I eat alot of chicken and lots of salads,substitute hamburgur with turkey burger. lots of fruit. you can fight back with a healthy eating pattern. i also take a multi vitamin and calcium everyday along with some others. that has helped me not to be so tierd all the time.know its just my to wonderful boys that tier me out. :-) NOTE please give it 2 to 3 weeks for it to work even my fiance takes them and he has his galll bladder.I asked him yesterday has he noticed a difference and he said BIG TIME. PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW IT HAS WORKED FOR YOU!
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.

Hi I just had my gallbaldder removed 6 days ago and I am having a lot of bloating and belching. I have been on a better diet than before and I'm lactose intollerant so I dont drink milk . I dont eat big meals but I do get full easily. I had a problem all my life with constipation and now I am not constipated per se but I am still having difficulty pushing and passing a BM. I also am still on pain meds which i know can cause that and I am also still taking my nightly dose of milk of magnesia. I just really need some relief from the straining because it hurts my abdomen so much.Thanks any help is appreciated

Im sorry you are in a bind. :-( When u have your gall bladder taken out there is a little bit of air that is left in there when they stitch u back up.It will go away. :-D And for the straining I would ask your DR for some STOOL SOFTNERS,They might even sell them over the counter.consult your DR first.Please do try my method with ACTIVIA YOGURT or ACTIVIA CHEWABLES. Its a good time to start know before the full side affects start. :-D I must say they tast much better than MILK of MAGNESIA. know for the BELCHING i still have that i havent found a method for that yet and hoping that will go away someday but no luck yet. :-( I hope you feel better i wish i would have done this right after my surgery.It would have saved me so much greif. Please let me know how you RE AFTER THE THREE WEEKS :-D

one more thing fiber choice chewablesas well.