Hi, I had a miscarriage at 19 weeks due to some infection. They found infection in the placenta and fetal membranes. Has it happened with anyone? What are the prospects of a future pregnancy after a pregnancy loss due to infections?

I also had a miscarriage due to some unknown infection. I wasn't as far along as you. I was only 7 weeks. My Dr told me that I should still be able to get pregnant and carry the baby to full term. I may end up having to have a c-section. If I am able to have the baby naturally I will have to get a penicilion(selling?) shot in my stomach before pushing. Then when the baby is out it will need some kind of shot to prevent infection. Also, the Dr told me that I would need to come get check ups more than most pregnant women. I'm not sure what kind of infection made me miscarry. The Dr said it was an infection I have that got passed on to the baby. She didn't tell me what the infection is, but she said it will never have an effect on me or my husband, only on the baby when I get pregnant again. I wonder what it could be!? So maybe you have something like that.

I am sorry about your loss. Did your doctor do any tests on you? You should probably have some tests to find if you are a carrier of some infection. I am having the TORCH test done and also going to have endometrial biopsy to check the uterus for chronic infections.

Did you have fever and elevated white blood cell count when you miscarried? Were you treated with antibiotics then?

I hope it doesn't happen to you or to anybody again.