Not to worry! I began having orgasms while still wearing diapers as a female toddler. I am now 37. In fact, I believe it was the (cloth) diaper changing process that actually taught me to be orgasmic. I have a very clear memory of anticipating my diaper change as when the new cloth went between my legs I would hump it. By the age of 4 I was bringing myself to orgasm dozens of times a day. Because my parents noticed, and punished me as well as bringing me to a shrink, I recall limiting myself to 10 orgasms first thing in the morning before they could see.

Unfortunately, this intense stress led me to reverting to daily bed wetting and wetting and defecating in corners of our house when my parents weren't directly watching. Therefore, I would advise you to tell you girl she can maturbate, but only at home, and teach her to use her room (so you won't be disturbed). After all, once a boy starts this, I can't imagine any father telling him to stop!

However, curiously, as a grown woman now (I am 37), I cannot come to orgasm other than by my own method. I am wondering if it A) had to do with punishment as a youngster or if B) in fact, baby girls would be better off not wearing diapers at all since our clits are so sensitive and responsive. E.G.: absolutely, I would prefer to be able orgasm with my husband (or alone) by hand, tongue and especially intercourse. In other words, maybe the diaper industry has robbed all of us of what nature tells us is an act with a huge reward: female and male orgasm, and sometimes a baby.

To me, this makes the most sense. After all, I as a woman most certainly would rather consent to a man on the basis that sex is for pleasure (if I am not looking for a committed relationship) or that sex is for pleasure and the possibility of having a precious child (in a comitted relationship). I believe most men and women feel the same.

What do you think?

I searched for this topic today because yesterday my 7 month old daughter was demonstrating new behaviour in her baby carrier, which was unmistakably sexual, that is to say, she wasn't struggling in discomfort, she wasn't working up to crying, she wasn't trying to get attention, she wasn't hungry or needing the loo, she didn't have hiccoughs, but was withdrawn and self-absorbed, rhythmically thrusting her pelvis, panting and moaning. I did try to distract her and stop her, it was very disturbing, I'm her father for heaven's sake! But she returned to it until I took her out of the carrier and handed her to her mother.
This matter really needs to be known about. The unsettling reality would be much diminished by prior knowledge. I'm very apprehensive about telling my wife what happened incase she thinks I contributed to it happening in some way...
(By the way, I commend the brave person who posted this topic for doing so, and for showing so much restraint at the self-righteous pomposity of the first reply)

Wow, finaly I found a forum where that is disgussed. I've been searching for a while on the internet and couldn't find much useful stuff. I'm 40 Years old now, and had an orgasm since about 3 years of age. There was a lot of stress in my Family at the time with my mother suffering from psychotic episodes and hitting me badly, my brother said he thought she would've kill me if he wouldn't have pushed her away and my father behaving quite violently (more verbal though). I wonder if the fact that I had an Orgasm that early had to do with stressrelief? Or was it something else. I could never talk to anyone about me having orgasms, my parents had problems themselfs, and I asked my siblings once, but they where only young and made me feel like I was abnormal. So I was living with this "big secret" for about 30 years. I thought I was nuts. I have only learned in the last few years, that I'm not alone with this. So I can only say to the Grandmother, "don't make her feel that she is abnormal, but look after her and be caring and loving and explain things to a child, age appropriate of course". I went to Doctors when I was a child, cause I also wet my bed, they made me also feel that I wasn't normal, so I didn't want to tell anyone about my orgasms, I was afraid they fill me up with Drugs, like they did my Mum. So I swore to myself, not to tell anyone, but here I am and writing about it, though 35 years later.
 It's been a difficult ride for me as an adult, but thanks to the internet, this has an end now, and thank you to the people who spoke so openly about the topic, that has helped me a lot. I often thought I might have been sexualy abused as a child, but I don't think that was the case, but now that I know that more people do this and it is a lot more common, I think, it needs to be talked more normaly about it. Sexuality should be normal and not be loaded with all this guilt. Thanks for bringing this up. Cheers

I feel with you, I had quite a similar experience. My Brother just said that I started to be abnormal, he was refering to me masturbating when I was about 3 years old. I had to keep it a secret. It's hard to live with that, and you can't talk to anyone. I personaly am lucky, I still like sex, but I've found it difficult to be in a relationship as well. I never talked to a girlfriend about it, I always kept it secret, because I still felt I was grazy. How stupid hey? Hope that you are feeling better about yourself now, I certainly do after what I read here. The problem is, until now, there was no one to talk to about it, for me anyway, but it helps to hear about other people who had similar experiences. So thanks for posting your story

My last reply was for Marla

Zaon,

Your story was spot on the same as mine.

Like you I too was masturbating while still wearing diapers (cloth diapers/plastic pants) at age 2 although I do remember one incident before I could walk.

I haven't told many people in my life but the ones I did tell do not believe that I can remember back to when I was a toddler.

In my case I did so in private usually after bedtime, during the night, and early in the morning. Like yourself I would experience what I would refer to as an orgasm. I masturbated prone position with my hands over the front of my diapers and hump my fists against the mattress. It was always alot of work and I remember on some occassions panting and sweating as my nighttime diapers were very thick. I clearly remember a wave of pleasure came over me starting in my prostate. So powerful was this orgasm it always made me fall asleep. My mother did catch me once but seemed more perplexed than anything else. I have never told anyone else and always kept this to myself.

I am in a good steady relationship right now with a wonderful woman and we do have sex however my fiance is not aware that I cannot ejaculate.

She enjoys the sex and I can last a long time and I usually fake ejaculation if you can believe that. However in order to ejacualte I must lay down on my stomach in the prone position with a thick towel between my legs over my genitals and thrust against the floor or mattress against my clenched fists.

This issue has nothing to do this Kinsey's research. This woman is looking for advice on masturbation, not child abuse. Her granddaughter isn't doing anything wrong. I would know, because I experienced the same thing. I have been masturbating since an extremely young age and i never understood anything wrong with it. I was never abused or mistreated, I'm just a natural healthy sexual person. My parents explained to me that it was not to be done in public, and the problem ended there. The idea that there is something wrong with that baby is ridiculous, and you shouldn't just "ignore it if the doctor doesn't find anything.".. He's not going to find a disease that causes masterbation! Thats ridiculous.

'The man was a psycho-sexual maniac who would be considered a criminal by today's standards. His methods of conducting research on the child subjects are deplorable and absolutely nauseating! '

All he use to do was ask people about their experiences, he didn't actually experience on kids himself. Get your facts right.

Btw nothing wrong with kids masturbating, pretty much everyone does it, it's just crazy that it's still such a taboo.

I'm so relieved that others have at least seen stuff like this. We are struggling with our 20 month old boy who started at least something like this at 6-7 months in the carseat and although it was not often, we pursued all of the usual routes with an EEG, movement assessment, etc. He did have reflux (I'm sure there was an initial component to this that was certainly spit up related) so I see this early stuff as pretty soothing. Now that he's older, it seems more obviously self-gratification of some sort at least. I have to say that the number of safety crotch straps a child has to wear in the modern world has not helped matters. All jokes aside, I do now I have the same fears about him being inappropriate with the wrong adult and it can wind me into total panic at times. Episodes can by pretty consistent for a whole day and then it could vanish and come back for just a few seconds for only a day and be gone again... or last all day. It totally varies. Ideas?

bbfeet9 wrote:

Guest wrote:

if you take any advice at all it would be this:

what you are describing is NOT abnormal...

Every single child is different. I have had 5 children and they all experimented with themselves at times. I never made them feel dirty, i just distracted them. My daughter, who is now a healthy 30 year old mother of 3 boys, was very sexual in childhood. She was always rubbing herself on pillows, couch cushions, arms of furniture, whatever she could. I would just turn her attention to something else. I never made a big deal. And you are right by saying this is not abnormal for a child to do this.
My friend has a little girl who is 3. She would do this ALL THE TIME, any where, it didn't matter who was in the room. She would actually ride peoples knees. I was at her home one day and helped her go potty, she couldn't climb up on the toilet and needed help to wipe. As i was puling up her panties i noticed something hanging from her vaginal area. I called my friend into the bathroom ASAP and showed her. This little girls clitoris was hugh and hanging from between her labia. 2 weeks later they performed surgery on her. Today she is fine. For her it was a medical problem. But for others, it is normal.

You mean they butchered her clit? Yes it may have been abnormally large, but it should have been left for her as an adult to one day make her own decision on having it operated on. Now she will never have normal sensation down there. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL!!!!

I can't believe they found a doctor who was willing to do that. I thought that was illegal in the US, but I suppose if it's ok to mutilate a boy they figure it's ok to mutilate a girl too.

When my wife had one of our sons she had to go back for some repair work on her vagina/vulva. I was never able to find her clit so she asked if they could cut her open while she was already numbed up to see if they could find her clit and out it. They refused to even do that.

Sounds like this self-pressuring stuff can run a huge range from incidental to totally pre-occupying and can occur whether or not there is some huge stress going on in the family. I appreciate, however, the honesty from all comments on this thread. In truth, our 20mo old son turns out to be doing this -not always pelvic and sometimes more about his trunk in general or looking like he's having cramps like an adult would if they had the runs... anyway, turns out to be some sort of modified pain response because it appears for about two weeks at any point that he's getting a new tooth. I'll call it self soothing. Having other ways to get large body input around has TOTALLY helped. We have teethers (normally meant for a younger baby). He sometimes shifts directly to those. We also tried giving him more high-impact foods, sour foods, new foods, kiwis with some of the skin on, cold foods, etc. and this has totally helped, too. Just something about the stimulation in general and needing maybe a bit more from the environment. Good luck all, it can get much better!

MamaMolly wrote:

ritaray wrote:

At around 12 mos., my granddaughter began stimulating herself by laying on her stomach & stimulating herself by moving her hips in a rhytmic motion. She began only doing it when she is tired & would put herself to sleep this way. Now she does it a lot more often......in her high chair, carseat, etc. Sometimes when she does it now, she nearly screams & seems to get frustrated at times. She will sometimes have a glassy look in her eyes as if she's in deep concentration or a trance-like state. If you try to distract her or pick her up before she's 'ready', she will cry & fight us. We were worried about her being sexually abused, but she's not left alone with strangers. I did many searches & finally found a Kinsey report called Chapter 2, which eased our minds greatly. My question is this.... what should we do to keep this from becoming a habit? We don't want her to think it's a 'bad' thing to do, but she's too young to explain to her that this should be done in private. Any info you can give us will be extremely appreciated. After searching the web MANY, MANY times, I'm astonished how little information is out there pertaining to this. It seems like anyone I talk to has had this same experience or knows someone who has. Is the USA so sexually repressed that we cannot even discuss such a normal part of human behavior? What a scary thought. Please help. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks........Confused Grandma

Did you see a connection with teething? My husband and I noticed this along the way with out 21month old. -No date on these posts, so your son could be much older now. Anyway, it seemed to show up more during those times along with a bit of diaper rash, an increase in reflux (although totally subsided by about 13 months), increased overall body discomfort . Your story sounds near to identical to ours otherwise -even the refluxing, which might have started the trunk sqeezing and lead to the pelvic self-soothing stuff. In any case, far more normal than I first feared. We also got super great advice from a few friends who are occupational therapists. The one friend specializes in sensory integration issues. She gave us the examples like sour and cold foods and so on that I mentioned in that last post, but also some tips on including more deep pressure activities (rolling him up in blankets, wrestling, all of that stuff that fills the need for pressures in the body. That really, really helped, too. We even switched from a super fly-away fleece blanket to something with some weight to it that was crocheted. We included some head and face massage when goofing around/nursing/just hanging out in the house. We both had hangups about this, but they were truly ours. I'm quite sure my son had not one "sexualizing" experience before beginning some of this by six months, but it has sure decreased by meeting his needs for some pressure in other ways. When it picks up, we change the game again. If it becomes more obvious, we kindly explain that he can go into his room to do that. It's working and we are no longer reacting out of our own stories. He deserves every experience that he's having and they are his to have. Great job, parents! Keep sharing because western docs are totally not the right folks to put this on. They aren't ready to sit back and let it work out and experiment. That's not their job. The movement people who work on the body's integration of input is the right group.

Jeez Christ let go ! if it feels good, it is - I'm still 'normal' after 40 yrs of wanking and dreaming out my fantasies, and if someone else did it to me, well it would be quicker. Some of my kids did it young, and grew out of it and I hope they get the hang of it again. Just don't impose it on others I guess - they, and you,will be affected!
We are still animals irrespective of how important you think you are.