hi. my freinds have told me that you have to shave your pubic hair. and some guys even make fun of girls for not shaving. my mother died last year and asking my step is a no no. so plz help me!!should i shave?? p.s. im 13

Shaving or not is your decision. nothing bad will happen if you dont. now yes some guys perfer it shaved...personally i dont care...well i think you should at least trim. but again it's your decision.

Health Guru
Hi there :-) what your friends are telling you is wrong because there is no law to say you have to shave, what you do down there is for your own personal preference not any guys or friends.
Some girls like to shave it all off because they say it healthy but its not because pubic hair play a vital roll of helping to keep unwanted bacteria out and to help keep the area cool.
Most girls/woman just shave or way there bikini line and trim the rest, some shave there labia area and shape above.
What ever you decided though is up to you and not for any one to tell you how they want you to be :-)

Shave if you feel like it. There was an ob-gyn on TV recently who said she is seeing more shaved people now than she used to but there is no medical reason to do it or not do it.

Any guy who would make fun of you for not shaving is not a real guy yet. He's showing his immaturity, big time!!!

Some guys really like a shaved puxxy while some don't. I was thrilled with it when my wife came home with a bald puxxy after having our first baby. I couldn't keep my hands and lips off her but she didn't share my enthusiasm and I soon found myself picking hair out of my teeth again. That was over 40 years ago and we're still together so it's not a deal breaker.

When you get a boyfriend and the two of discuss it, If he prefers shaved you can do it for him --- if you want to. It's only hair, it'll grow back if you don't like it.