Hi, I know it's a while since your surgery, and I hope all is well now? I had the same op as you just 8 weeks ago, and like you, the hammer toe is soooo sore! Big toe stiff but trying to do some exercise. I can't push down the clutch in my car yet as too painful underneath. Hope you can reassure me that this will all improve soon? Sheila x

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your post!!! Yesterday I began speaking mobility and healing into and over my foot. I had a bunionectomy and four hammertoes done 8 wks ago. I did the unspeakable and have ended up cutting my own cast off at 6.5 wks. I could NOT bear it any longer. I am not concerned about undoing anything since I am wearing an OT compression sock and my surgical shoe/boot. I would appreciate you to pray for my ongoing healing. I desire to get back to running/jogging and working out. Again, thank you for your very encouraging post!!

Well maybe your doctor said that because you have a better condition, because some cases takes along time as you and them have different severity.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

hi im6 weeks in from the same surgery as you wondered if things were better now. I am a very active person and feel that the second toe fusion will stop me doing what l like doing best. hope you are back dancing

Hi Laura,
I need surgery--Bunion and 2/3 toe Hammertoe on left foot. How are you doing now? Alsi, what's your dictir's name/contact number?

Thanks so much!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private phone numbers are  not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Your full of sh*t

I have severe hammertoe looking deformed and over my big toe which has a severe bunion needing surgery as well. My doctor says easy surgery and that both bones will be broken and reset but some wires I believe. He says he won't do surgery unless I keep my foot elevated for about 6 weeks to insure good results. Anybody had similar experience and he said after the initial period I could. not walk on the foot except with a crutch or the rolling knee cart....I'm trying to decide if surgery will resolve my inability to wear almost all shoes and socks except sandals...I have developed lateral neuropathy in both feet but not a diabetic. Help anyone who may have experience similar to mine!!!!

And ALWAYS go to an Orthopedic Surgeon for foot surgery...NEVER a Podiatrist. I learned that lesson the hard way.