I used to bite my nails a lot and it gradually led to biting the skin too, I stopped a this habit 2 weeks ago but really haven't seen great improvement. I use lotion when there really dry but I also realise water makes my hands wrinkle and thats when the skin looks really bad on my fingertips. It sometimes drys out and i'll get a white bubble looking thing and I won't pick it like I used to do, but somehow will get ripped open and its like an ongoing process... was wondering if there was someway to fix this problem or if anyone else has had this happen, thanks.

Hi
It sounds like this stuff irritated your skin and activated a condition known as dyshidrosis. If it's limited to your hands however, it's known as dyshidrotic eczema.
Do you have any other kind of eczema? If so, then that would also point towards dyshidrotic eczema, as one eczema can lead to another.
Go see your physician to confirm this.
He or she can confirm the diagnosis and give you cream, sometimes with topical steroids.
I hope I've helped!
Rhys