At my10 week of pregnancy I started spotting on and off. I'm almost 11 weeks now. So that's been going on the last few days. Today I went to what I thought was a prenatal appointment and was actually orientation with a midwife for choosing a midwife, regular ob or high risk ob. The midwife send me to do blood test which I did. I told her I was concerned about my spotting (showed her pictures of my spotting) and said not to worry that is very little and that is normal to bleed in the first trimester as long is not heavy or have any pain. Which I don't. And that if I was having a miscarriage that it couldn't be stopped that there's nothing they can do. But I wanted her to refer me for an ultrasound to check the heartbeat but she did not. Or at least listen with a doppler but not that either. I was given an appointment to see the OB in 3 1/2 weeks!!! Only the OB can refer me for an ultrasound. But almost 4 weeks more to see her!!! I already waited to 2 weeks to see this midwife. I went to a big university of doctors and is unbelieveable they can at least check. What type of place should I goto see an OB? A clinic??? I live in the midwest.

Continue from previous post. I mean I need to find an OB that would take an extra step to help patients. Anybody know where I can find someone like that?