That piece of skin at the bottom of the glans is called the frenulum. Almost every male is born with a frenulum. It is normal and it is supposed to be there. The frenulum has a high level of sensation because of its high innervation and serves to limit the rearward travel of the foreskin. The stretching of the frenulum during sexual intercourse helps to trigger ejaculation.

If your foreskin bunches up behind the head when you retract you most likely have a short frenulum (frenulum breve). Test it by pulling back on the foreskin. If the head of your penis bends down when you pull back your foreskin, you have frenulum breve.

You can stretch the frenulum manually just like you do your foreskin. That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract. Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information you need.

I have the same problem I will try stretching but how do I tell my parents?

Guest, it may not be a problem. The frenulum, that strip of skin, is NORMAL.
Are you circumcised or not?
If you are not, it is normal for you to not be able to pull your foreskin back until about 16 or so.

Ok thanks for the info I was worrying about it.

Oh and I'm not circumcised. But the strip of skins is to the left of the opening as you look down when I have my fourth skin as far back as possible.

Do you mean that your foreskin hasn't fully separated? That is normal too. It should shortly. Don't force it or it can leave a scar.

I look up frenulum and this is not what I have. I have a small piece of skin at the top of my gland that connects to the top of my foreskin.

How old are you guest? The glans separates from the foreskin, usually by 10-12 but sometimes later.
You may need your doctor to help it.

I'll be 13 in March

What you have is called synechaie. It is completely normal. Sometimes it just takes a while for it to fully separate.

Give it time.

Ok thanks for your help.

Hey I'm dean I'm 19 years old and I have a strip of foreskin attached to my penis and I'm just wondering will it naturally detach