Hellooo.
I'm a 15 (almost 16) year old girl and have recently been shaving "down there" and thought that maybe my labia looked weird. Unless its sorta tucked away when I stand up I can see this wrinkly pink thing, its sorta stretchy and kinda bumpy. Before I was like omg, what is that, until I read about the wonders down there and was relieved that it wasn't something wrong, but it was the labia. Right?

Not to get too graphic, but when I pull apart the outer part of my "lips" that wrinkly piece sorta goes to the side on the right, and then a much smaller one sorta goes to the left. When not pulled apart, it looks like two wrinkly bumps, but one is MUCH bigger than the other (and the bigger one is above the littler one). The one that moves to the left is maybe...less than half an inch? The larger one that goes to the right is more like an inch. Is this normal? I'm SO self conscious about it, I've never had sex, but anytime i've gotten close all I can think is OH GOD! no! don't look its weird down there!

Hey,

I am 19 (almost 20) and have had the same thing since I was about your age. Since I've gotten older the thing has stretched more... I find it gross, and annoying. It is really annoying if you don't have it "tucked" away like you said, when walking or running or playing sports. It also causes me self consiousness, but it feels better knowing that I'm not the only one in the world with this problem. I wanted to have it removed, but have been too embarassed to show it to anyone. Anyway, I don't know anything about it, just letting you know I've got the same problem...

Hey again...

So I guess from looking through this forum that this is an enlarger inner labia. There are apparently procedures that can reduce the size, but a lot of women seem to have problems with recovery and end up in great pain for long periods of time. In fact most of the women on this site say they deeply regret the surgery. However there are some women on here that say they had the surgery and it went fine and that they recommend it. So I don't know who to believe. I also was wondering, since I'm still a vrigin, whther it will be a great hindrance during sex. If anyone out there could tell me whether this gets in the way during sex, and what extent. Based on the reports of other women on here, I'd like to try and live with it without surgical procedures, but if it effects my sex life I don't know if I'll be able to, so that's really what I'd like to know: how much it gets in the way during sex, how much guys react to it, how understanding guys will be about it, how difficult this will be to explain to a guy. These sorts of things. So if anyone could help me out in this I'd really appreciate it.

Hmm i've heard of the surgery. But i'm definately too young to get a surgery like that, I just want to know if what I described is NORMAL.

Well I guess I'd say yes, because there seems to be tons of women on this site that have it or have had it. So no worries for us then I guess. :-D

NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine. :)

it's normal, unless you are having any pain, leave them alone, and enjoy your body

Hi, I too have the same "problem" however I've had sex many times and never once did it pose any sort of problem. Instead, it made sex more enjoyable as, believe it or not, bigger lips make it easier for a guy to find your vagina once things get going. I am still to this day very self-concious about how I look down there, and I'm always nervous when a guy touches me down there for the first time, but I can honestly say that once I get over that initial anxiety and am confident sex is better than ever. When you think about it, bigger lips has a lot of advantages, especially when your with a guy who prefers them, while smaller labia offers no advantages other than appearance. Basically what we all need to realize is that it is completely NORMAL to be bigger down there, so generally, guys don't even think twice about it.

Totally normal! My boyfriend loves mine...I'm 30 and he's 24. I was always ALWAYS self concious about my labia, they are bigger and slightly purplish... I've finally realized as long as I'm comfortable and confident it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I've grown to love my body and with out the extra worrying my sex life has also grown to a new level. Don't worry too much. Just find the things you love about yourself and focus on those and learn to love your yoni!! It's perfect the way it is.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

This is to Miss Lam the WALRS ..Be happy that you are a GIRL and be happy with what GOD has given you .. ALL is vary normal down there for a young girl your age just don't get UP seat your LABIA LIP'S are in good shape.. what you need to do is keep your mined on school work ..and if your have a BF and he says uaaaak to your BODY you NEED to DUMP HEM like vary fast.. get my drift girl.. my name is Miss SAM I live in the U.S.A south east ,GA 31539 Please wright me back OK ??? IDD like to hear from you soon.. closing with a :-) face to you from me ..with understanding GIRL to GIRL LOVE ALWAY'S with X'S and O'S to you