Lymph nodes information for you -
Swollen lymph nodes facts
- Lymph nodes are important part of the immune system.
- Lymph nodes are located throughout the body, but visible and palpable only when they are enlarged or swollen.
- Lymph nodes are regional, and each group of them corresponds to a particular region of the body and reflects abnormalities in that region.
- In general, infections are the most common causes of lymph node enlargement. Other common causes include inflammation and cancers.
- Not all swollen lymph nodes are abnormal.
So, if you can feel a swelling or a lump have a healthcare provider check on you. Good luck