I'm 22 and was taking 10mg of Adderall when I was 21 for my ADD. I took it for only 3 months and obviously dealt with the decreased appetite side effect. I stopped taking it due to not being able to rest for more than 2-3 hours at a time and the weight I had lost came back plus more within weeks of stopping Adderall. Adderall is not supposed to be used for weight loss and there is a good reason why-you will just gain all the lost weight back plus more if you stop taking it...just eat healthier, drink plenty of water and exercise.

You don't want to end up like me...before Adderall I weighed 124lbs, during Adderall I weighed 112 and now, after stopping Adderall I weight just under 140. It is not a good way to lose weight! You'll regret it in the end. 

Adderall has a short half life and will be almost completely out of your system in about 72 hrs except for trace amounts..That is one reason it is favored by those who are subject to urine tests, Do some research as you will definitely want to wean off it slowly. Any benefit you are getting from it will be gone in a couple days. You are playing with fire if it is affecting your heart. Other than Alli there are other prescription weight loss drugs that are safer.

I was diagnosed with ADD early in high school but did not begin taking adderall until my second semester in college. I took adderall to help with my concentration and productivity (in which it did wonders). However, when you take adderall everyday, you start to build up your tolerance-- somewhat quickly. I started with 5 mg, which had no effect-- then went to 10 mg, which I noticed a slight improvement-- then I went to 20 mg, where the drug was at it's most effective level for me. I took the 20 mg's for 4 or 5 months straight and went from 118 pounds to 104 (I'm a 5' 1" girl so this is not a horribly low weight). My grades were up and my weight was down, but I had mood swings & I was very irritable as a side effect and my tolerance for the 20 mg's was to the point where I'd have to go to the next mg level. When summer hit, I weened myself off (I really only took them so I could concentrate in school, so I only took them during the school year). Now, 2 years after graduating college, I irregularly take 10mg's when I really need to be focused at work-- If I take the 10's for more than a week or two straight I feel like my tolerance is already up to the 20 mg level (which I do not want to be at). I am so afraid to take it everyday because the tolerance can build fairly quickly for me. I didn't feel healthy when I took it everyday in college--- many days I'd have to force myself to eat 2 meals. I would definitely only recommend taking this drug if you legitimately have ADD/ADHD. DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG FOR WEIGHT LOSS. As soon as you stop taking it, your appetite comes right back (--like literally the first day that you don't take it you will be hungry again). I'm back to my old weight from mot taking it consistently. I would love to be able to just use adderall to help with my concentration, but the side effects, although I really didn't mind losing a few pounds, is such a turn-off for me. 

Im a 20 y/o m and I've been taking adderall for 4 years was diagnosed with ADHD in high school. I've now outgrown the ADHD for the most part but still take my adderall. started off taking 30mg one a day now 30mg twice a day. When i was prescribed i weighed 302lbs. Now i weigh 185lbs so thats proof its good for losing weight. Who cares if you have actual ADD/ADHD or not. If your not happy with yourself this is one of the safest ways of losing weight quick instead of taking all of those supplements that aren't even approved by the FDA. Yea it speeds up your heart rate and makes you anxious but thats because its speeding your body up, just like exercising does naturally to make you lose weight. (beggars cant be choosers)  I would recommend doing some kind of exercise along with it cause i lost so much weight so fast that it left my skin a little lose. Its now tightened up because of working out. 

Wow you're an id**t. Like if you're going to take a pill to help you lose weight in the first place is pathetic. Losing weight is so easy all you need is some self control. Eat less and move more. Anyways , if your going to swoop so low as to take a pill to lose weight atleast educate yourself enough so you're getting a pill that is made to help you lose weight, NOT A PILL TO HELP YOU STUDY. You seriously need to reevaluate you're pathetic life.

Just saw your post and was curious on the results if you took it?

I think it is really judgmental of you to tell someone to have self control and stop taking a drug, when obviously if you think about it, why can't you have self control without the drug. I too have ADHD and didn't realize it tell, I took a friends Adderall now I take it ever day and it chills me out makes me calm. I didn't know I could have a better life and just thought I had to live with the way I was. Same goes for someone that has a difficult time loosing weight. Yes, will power is wonderful and I do not have a problem with my weight and was a little scared when Adderall made me loss weight, but so many people judge other people but do the same thing they are doing. I guess people need to stop knocking people down for taking medication to help better their lives, weather they need it or not. Just saying sorry I had to put my two cents in

My dr prescribed aderal as a weight loss pill

I take it but i do have adhd and i have lost so much before that i was deathly ill cuz i couldnt eat because of it and i never got ammuned to it and i was taking it for 2 years its very dangerous

Ok, first of all, ADD and depression are both very real. ADD and ADHD seriously effect people's ability to focus. I take it because without it, I blank out completely uncontrollably. I lose several minutes of time in class as if somebody hit the mute button on everything around me. It's also an antidepressant, which means when I take it, I'm not constantly overwhelmed with the feeling of wanting to lay down on the floor and never get up again. I don't have to force myself with every bit of strength that I have to get up and do the necessary things I need to do during the day instead of just giving up. Depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain and it is extremely rude and offensive for you to call anyone's legitimate mental disorder made up. Second, people like you abusing adderall are the reason I need to go to my doctor directly every time I need a refill because it's so highly controlled, he can't just call in the prescription.

Stimulents such as adderall supress the apetite and work as a wieght loss aid, period. I have taken a straight stim for 4 months and it still works for me. However, it is not as suppresing as it was the first few days. Those early days I actually forgot to eat. Be smart when you use it. 2 or 3 days on, then 1 or 2 days off for example. Good luck.

Hi there! I need Adderall, there is a way of buying it without prescription?

I have been on adderall for chronic fatigue syndrome. I have lost weight while on it. I seldom have an appetite. But when I run out I am soooo hungry non stop and quickly gain fast.

For one what id**t blocks off the I and O of the word id**t? 

For 2, if someone you do not know at all makes you angry enough to even have the reply you did, maybe YOU need a pill!

And lastly, each and every human on this planet (most of us call earth...you should visit) are made unique. Same principle as no two people have the same finger print ( yes including identical twins)! Elementary biology should have given you at least that much common sense! So NO, water, diet, exercise does not always = healthy weight, nor overall health. Have you heard of genetics? Or woman who stay in bed for 9 solid months to make sure they sustain the human life their body is responsible for bringing into the world? Broken bones causing the physical inability to exercise? Chronic and debilitating pain from accidents? Depression. Carbohydrates that cause a physical addiction as hard to break as heroin? Enough examples to give you at least enough information to look up so that the next time you call someone an id**t, or whatever term you chose, you dont look like an uneducated, agoraphobic living in there mothers basement in their 30's bc instead of looking for a job your on the Internet bashing someone on a public forum without the proper thinking equipment! Don't get me wrong, you'll probably still come across as a jack ASS! But do your research so at minimum....your a jack ASS who did their research! 

Where can you gwt it?