I took adderall to have a good time at a club the other night and what i didn't realize is the weight i would lose. I didn't feel the need to eat at all, my tummy would rumble but i just didn't really feel hunger or want to eat. I took the pill at 7 pm and i just felt really GOOD. i became more talkative and energetic, had a great night, and then when I got home at 1 i STILL wasn't hungry. However i did have the worst cottonmouth ever. After about 2 am I had to pee like no other. I used the bathroom probably every hour even though i didn't drink a lot of water. the next day i weighed myself and I lost 2 pounds. i'm not an overweight person, i'm 5'3" and was 114 pounds and my weight fluctuates a lot. I do want to lose weight and before spring break i think i'm gonna take it for a week just to get some poundage off. would it be a bad idea just to use this to lose weight occasionally?
I did find some cons with adderal. I have trouble sleeping normally and i just started taking melatonin to help me fall asleep and the sdderal caused my heart rate to go up so much i couldn't sleep at all. i stayed awake the whole night. the effects lasted until about 10 am the day after i took it which i know is not normal. I think next time i should take a smaller doseage.

If you want to take Adderall for weightloss, good for you.
And if not, good for you.
Why does everyone think they have the right to tell you that it's unhealthy, and it's wrong.
So is a straight diet of semen and Red Bull, but college girls do it all the time.

Adderall is fantastic for weightloss.
Just do what I do.
Take it for three weeks, stop for a week, repeat.
And if you build too much of a tolerance, go off it for a few months, keep the eating to a minimum, then resume.

Diet suppliments don't work, and dieting means you have to eat shitty food for eternity of you want to keep that weight off.
Why bother with it?

Do what you gotta do.

And for whoever said that taking Adderall for weightloss makes people with ADHD/ADD look like druggies when they say they're on it....
ADD/ADHD is BS and we all know it. Just f*****g focus. Stop heehawing around and pay attention.
I was diagnosed ADHD and even I know it's sh*t.
Let's just be honest with ourselves.

Yes you should try it, it works

i think anything that helps your body lose weight is fine, as long as your an adult and its your choice that its OK. ppl saying don't do it, obviously never got made fun of for being fat, or can fit into a pair of jeans that fit a week ago. why do fattys have o suffer when we can pop a pill and lose and feel better about ourselves. not all can exercise. i know when i do, my back problems come on full force. and my sprain hip injury makes it worthless. why can i or anyone try to look good, frankly Dr's should prescribe i as long as u know the risk and outweigh them and you know what could happen good or bad. it should be up to the person, not ppl w only adhd and such, to be in this exclusive club of weight loss, its not fair for ppl who need to lose. my bf has add ad told me to take his pills to help me...least he gets it. and we are adults. and not just 18...try 30s, so we know the risk and think its worth the risk.

How about reading what's been said? Also do you realized you posted a question practically similar to the post.?

Adderall really is a miracle drug for some of us. Here are some of the things Adderall has helped me with:

Treatment resistant depression- After many years of psychiatric visits and numerous trials with antidepressants, Adderall is one of the only drugs that has ever worked for me. I can't put into words how much Adderall has helped me in this respect.

ADD- If something is not amazingly interesting to me I guarantee you I will not be able to focus. Adderall makes everything interesting. And I mean EVERYTHING. That guy at work who tells you the most insanely boring stories will now be tolerable. I used to HATE going to work, now I enjoy my job.

Social anxiety- Some people are natural social butterfly's. Me, I am an incurable hermit who absolutely despises small talk with random people. But when I'm on Adderall, suddenly I enjoy people. I even enjoy people that I usually hate.

Fatigue- My chronic fatigue is now gone.

Weight loss- I lost 30 pounds in a relatively quick amount of time. Food used to be one of the few things that brought me comfort, it bordered on obsession. Now, I can go all day without even thinking about food. I have to remind myself to eat. My lack of appetite was the same for me on Day 1 as it was on Day 758.

Along with all the greatness, there were unpleasant things. Adderall sometimes makes me hot/sweaty. The "crash" in the afternoon sucks sometimes. Every so often sleep eludes me. And, maybe worse of all ,I developed a tolerance to Adderall and had to take a break because I was at the top range of an acceptable dose. (I sometimes skip Adderall on the weekends in order to stave off tolerance) Immediately after stopping Adderall I regained my love of food and my depression and fatigue came back. I quickly gained 50 lbs.

I recently restarted Adderall and I am ecstatic to join the rest of the normal humans in the world. Yeah, I wish I could be normal without drugs but I have nothing against better living through chemicals if it's done responsibly.

for those of you who do not know and are ragging on people using adderall as a weight loss drug, adderall was actually designed as a weight loss pill but when the realized that one it was better suited for add/adhd and that it was addictive the FDA changed it to be marketed for ADD/ADHD but doctors can still prescribe it for off the market uses such as weight loss.

It really does help you lose weight. I would just take it for a week is all and you should be super focused and have be eating less already. Then save the rest for if you ever feel yourself start to fall back and need a kick-start. They're also great if you have to write a paper or study for an exam.

So I'm not sure if anyone is really posting on here anymore, but in case someone is...
I just recently started taking my adderall again. There was issues that I couldn't have it for a bit due to insurance and money. I've been off  of it for almost 10 years and finally i hit the breaking point and couldn't take the issues anymore!

So before I went into the doctors, I was 249 pounds, roughly. Never higher than 249, but sometimes a little lower. That was a month and 4 days ago. I am now roughly 228 pounds. 4 days ago, I went to the doctor and when the nurse weighed me on the scale, I was surprised to hear her say 231 since just that morning my scale said 240! I told her about my scale so she checked me again on that scale and then took me to another room to use THAT scale. And they all came out 231. I went to the store and bought a new scale and that day it said 230.8, and today, 228.

If you have ADD/ADHD I highly recommend adderall or even the generic. It really does help for both your ADD AND weight loss. I feel so much more comfortable in my own body just a month later! And I'm still losing weight. I do recommend though FORCING yourself to eat in the morning or at lunch between doses if your doctor recommends you to have 2 doses like me. You don't just want to NOT eat at all because if for any ever reason you get off adderall, you'll just gain all the weight back plus some and super fast. It's what happened to me before.
You will kinda get bitchy when your adderall is wearing off because it is a stimulant and it is highly addictive. If you take it just to lose weight or whatever be careful about how you do it because it is really easy to get addicted. Over dosing is common in recreational usage and you can experience anything from hallucinations to death. Do not recommend more than 3 a day. Always try to get SOME sleep between days or else you could go crazy without sleep.

There are times when I purposefully won't take my adderall, just so I CAN eat.  Like if I know something yummy is going to be in my tummy. Because I wanna enjoy it. Like, my dads birthday, my birthday and easter. Wanted to eat all the yummy foods! But I only do this about once a week, so it's nothing too big.

For those of you that attacked demoucheron for his/her use of the drug, it would behoove you to look into the history of the drug before jumping to conclusions. Adderall was originally formulated and marketed as a weight loss product, it has only recently been used to treat ADHA. Therefore, those of you taking it for ADHA are actually the ones using it for a problem it was not made for, which, in perspective, makes you the druggies and demoucheron the one using it properly. It is appropriate to take the drug for both cases, stop being so damn stupid and so idiotically judgmental, especially in regards to a product you clearly know nothing about.

You guys are really rude. Dont make her feel bad about taking it for weight loss. I have ADHD and I never get flagged as a druggy.

You have to take high doses to lose any signifigant amount of weight. But since you are overweight you shouldnt need high doses. Adderall should only be used short time. Also remember that no results are definent. As a weight loss drug it has been totally discredited. Its results are very eretic. And I do suggest you get very use to going to the gym and weening off of it is basically pointless. You can just stop taking it. However you will rebound. So I suggest only having healthy foods in your house when you go off.

Btw I apologize for any spelling errors. I'm very tired. :3

i got on it 4 years ago - I was 155 at 5'5 (my highest) I am now 110 - while the buzzing feeling of accomplishment was amazing - I started getting so much attention paid to me - that I was not use to - my weight/body also became and obsession - I am now serverly depressed and addicted. I have a baby, I am a single mom - and incapable of living with out it. Someone who is admitting to abusing it - do not EVER start - unless you KNOW you do not have addictive tendancies and can stop with no problem.

I have a few thoughts to share. My son, 18 now in the army, was on Adderall for yrs. Second grade through his Senior yr of high school. for my son, in the beginning, it was a necessity  for him to take it . He could not focus in school without it. He was diagnosed with ADHD and Bi-Plolar disorder. He was easily distracted, class clown, little or no impulse control, and always moving. Those with ADHD know the symptoms .... At one point in time, He was on several drugs, 4 was the max in one giving day. They, the doctors, tried more than 10 different "cocktails" , as they call them. Yes, one finally worked. Then we moved out of state and had to find a competent doctor to prescribe these drugs. I live in Las Vegas Nevada. I was unable to find a doctor suitable for my sons needs. We went to over a dozen different doctors. That was a nightmare! By this time, my son is 15-16 yrs old. He hates the side effects from all the meds. I do remember the difference in my son when he took the Adderall. IT was like it would zap him of his personality. He would stay on task and not blurt out this thoughts. He was nice and agreeable, but never would he crack jokes and act silly. It was strange, for me, as his mother, to watch him transform under the influence. He would tell me that he wanted to say this or do that but something was holding him back. He didn't like that feeling of "can't do what I want". I did. It got to the point, for him, he was able to force him self to concentrate. He didn't want to take them any more. The doctors claim he grew out of it. I told him if he can act properly without the meds, he doesn't have to take them any more. So, he decided, he would learn some self control and re-direct his self in order to stay on task. Plus, the military would not take him if he was on meds, that a nice incentive. The main point is if you really want to you can control your self!! I am super proud of what he has accomplished. NO MEDICATION! The reason I came to this post is because I am considering taking Adderall for weight loss. I have been battling this issue for about 5 yrs. Back then I decided to loss weight because I was at high risk of getting diabetes. My mother has it and was declining in her health because of her illness. In a years time, I  lost 45 lbs. The last 4 years I have maintained it up until recently. I began receiving a quarterly shot of depo-provera to control my female problems. I have gained almost 30 lbs in 4 months. I went to the doctor today. When I explained the weight was becoming an issue. She wrote me a script for Adderall. I was shocked. My son had taken this for years for different reasons. Just seemed weird to me. I told the doctor , ah, I don't know, my son took this, ya know. This is weird. She said it is more common than you think for weight loss. I'm a good candidate for it, she said. My blood pressure was  94/58. Awesome for me. I'm almost 45 and a smoker. I have yet to get the script filled. I really don't  need to, I have left overs. But, then in one of the posts I saw something problematic for me. Someone stated Adderall is just like cocaine basically. I was addicted to that in my early 20's. I do NOT want to be that person ever again. I do not have ADD or ADHD. Will daily use of Adderall  turn me into that wired crazy chick? I'm concerned I have children , 10 and 12, at home. I don't want them to meet HER. They don't know about her.  Any way, I cannot continue to pack on this weight for several reasons. I'm not sure if I should take it. Maybe do a trial run, one or two days. If I "like" it, or brings up memories or feelings, quit and find an alternative.  I welcome any thoughts......

sheila. please - do not take this for weight loss - please. i am highly addicted. at 108 lbs i can not function daily with less than 60 mg. i have daily migraines. no energy. moodswings. depression. i initially started on it for weightloss years ago. from you are saying  with previous addictive nature i would not take the chance. your children need their mother not an addict. im saying this to you as a mother myself. i have a baby and i know that i have to stop before it either kills me or my son is old enough to see how i am. i wish this drug was illegal.

I take adderall on a daily basis.  I don't have ADD or ADHD, I take it bc it makes me feel awesome, even euphoric... lasting energy I never had before.  There is nothing wrong w/ taking for reasons other than ADD/ADHD.  Don't judge others who might have eating disorders.  If it works to help them lose weight, then they should go for it.  Why are you paying $80 a bottle?  I pay $8 20 mg, 3X's a day.  I'm sorry if I sound rude, but that's how I feel.  Thank you!