adderall is not just for adhd.....its also used to treat hypersomnia which many people suffer from such as myself . but if you are using it for weight loss you should not take it

Yes. Buy it illegally from someone. I would not suggest that though. Getting caught with amphetamines that are not prescribed to you does not usually end up well!

FYI: When you go to the emergency room and test positive for amphetamines, they DO NOT call the police. A friend of mine was using adderall, unbeknownst to anyone and ended up being admitted to the ER for seizures. She tested positive for amphetamines, opiates, and MDMA. She was NOT arrested. She was treated and left to go home! I'm not condoning drug use, but I just wanted to inform you of that.

I was put on Adderall 20 mg BID. Not for weightloss or ADD/ADHD but because my depression was preresistant immune to everything else under the Sun. It did level me out with  example: mood, motor ticks, the one million things I had started and never finished laying all over my house. I did Have weight loss in the beginning but that leveled itself outrecently in the last month decided (with talking to my dr.) to stop taking the Adderall. I felt crappy the first day or so but then your boiTunes back in tune with itself. I had MAJOR weight gain/rebound with not taking the medication. I also see why I need it now as well. I am on a lower dose now . Feel better no more ticks Or mood swings. Also no weight loss. Well maybe some but I have also started doing that damn INSANITY work out. WHICH

S-U-C-K-S!!! I work as a Nurse so yeah there are some people just junked out of their minds on Adderall, but they are usually snorting it, don't need it and are using some other hardcore drugs as well. If you need Adderall it works for you .. If you don't need it and you feel like you have to have it....then you have bigger problems to deal with. Let's not down others for taking any form of medication in a responsible/PRN/ or as directed way. If your getting it from a PCP or GP then that means you've taken the time and effort to take consult and steps in a positive way .Deemed fit by you and you Dr. Which are 2 adults. Now if you're going to some ghetto fly by night pay me and I'll give you anything you ask for Dr. Then better luck to you with whatever it is your doing. Either way we're all adults and everyone has free will to make choices on their own behalf .. For better or worse. Let's just not judge people. Cause most junkies wouldn't get on a message board let alone have the ipad, pc, laptop, smart phone to do it with cause they'd already lostthem to the pawn shop!

Okay, so i actually take Adderall. BECAUSE I HAVE ADHD. Yes it curbs your appetite. but that's not why its created. And if you take it when you're not supposed to it increases anxiety and depression. Oh and by the way, the whole heart rate thing isn't good. That means your taking a prescription drug for the wrong reasons (clearly). Buy an elliptical. Maybe go for a walk. Eat healthier foods. Don't abuse drugs that some people actually need. I don't mean to sound like i'm lecturing you but i mean really... It's sort of self explanatory.

Guest wrote:

Super Jesus wrote:

People like you are why i get flagged as a drugy everytime i say i take Adderall. STOP TAKING THE DAMN ADDERALL IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ADHD. Yes it makes you not want too eat as much, but come on man. Just do what everyone else does and JUST EXERCISE! Have some self controll! And if you REALLY need too take a freakin pill, take Alli. It is way more safe then taking adderall if you dont have adhd. I was on Alli for bout 3 months and it worked very well. Just keep up the routine, follow the little booklet and you will be fine.

Christ.. mabye this is why i pay 80 bucks a bottle for my adderall meds. Freakin black market amphetamines....

Adderall is not just for ADD . and there was no need to be a jerk.
you pay 80 bucks because your insurance sucks. the end

weight loss isn't that easy for some, why don't you just get your head out of your ass and pass attention and stop relying on meds.....double edge sword buddy

malibu wrote:

Guest wrote:

Super Jesus wrote:

obviously meant "pay"!!! Typing in the dark doesn't help!

its people like you that make accuring focus,concentration, and appetite suppressing drugs so hard to get for obese people that need them to jump start their lifestyle changes.

well, see, maybe you should just realize no one needs addy's after they turn like 17, and thats pretty much all adderall is, a black market drug.  save the sob story about how you cant concentrate and sh*t and you are so hyper.

GOD NO. read the damn comments and you will understand how much of a bad idea it is to take adderal there are alot of 'weight loss' pills you can buy in your local department store or chemist just eat healthy and excersize its the SAFEST way!!

Hey,
Actualy adderal slowers your metabalism, causing it to be more sluggish although it may curve your appitite for almost 12 hours, theres horrible side effects you gain when using this prescription for to long. Irregular heart beats, stroke, heart attack, sudden death and more. Long term side effects cause mental and physical addiction, sever cotton mouth, insomnia, restles leg syndrome and decaying of the teeth. You never want to drink coffe and adderal or exercis because uou can seriously damage a healthy heart. Adderal overall if you take it correctly as prescribed can be extremely helpful, but abusing adderal like taking to much at a time can be very harmful. So if anything exercise, and just eat right trust me you dont want the side effects its not worth it
Hopefully uou find this usefull :)

In all honestly... I've bee. Taking adderall since I was nine because my adhd was super bad all my teacher except my music and art teachers hated me. I've been on adderall for 5 years now I'm currently 6ft 2 and I weigh 180 pounds I am not at all skinny, mostly muscle and I eat an asston of food every day. I have about 12 plates of food everyday(full meals) and my diet is probably over 4500 calories daily. My dosage is 30 milligrams. Every morning I go out for a jog be it rain, wind or snow I dont give a f**k. My grades are horrible but I'm in excellent test taker I always have the best grade no matter what and I always finish first. I dont study or even read unless its the summary to my favorite porno or a status of facebook (it's a horrible habit, I gotta start reading more). I work out my muscles every 2-3 days... I've been in the best shape of my life since day 1 maybe because of genetic.. I don't know I never met my parents im adopted. I think it's great that you all would like to lose some shape but please stop abusing the drug just to lose like what 10-20 pounds?

***this post is edited by moderator *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

I would like to thank you Jesus,because it wasn't helping me to lose weight what so ever. my doctor told me I would lose weight quickly,but I didn't. Instead i gained weight with this medicine. So again thank you.

Add/Adhd bipolar disorder skitzophrenia are all very reall disorders that peole like myself suffer from. you have absolutley no idea how it is for us ion daily basis.. the struggles tha twe face mentally every day!!!!! you saying thuings like that is like saying theres no such thing as mental retardation or theres no such thing as cancer!!!! Just because you dont see it or havent felt it doent mean its not real!! i dont care one way or the other if people use adderall to lose weight its a free country! but people like you who downplay mental illness are the reason it is so hard fro people like me growing up and even still today as an adult!! let me guess you also think lung cancer doesnt exist or heart disease or brain tumors !! you cant see them and sometimes cant see the effects they have on a person until its to late... just because we dont show physical signs of a disease doesnt make it any less real!!! ive been dealing with ADHD/BIpolar disorder and ptsd for 28 years and i can tell you IT IS REAL!

also for the record ..for all the peoplpe on here who are on here judgin people for what theyre using this drug for stop jusding..dont act like none of us have used thigs to self medicaid ourselves at some point.. but back on track for the record Adderall was originally intended and released in the 70s as a "rapid weight loss"/ Diet pill.. t wasnt until the late 80s early 90s that is was approved by the food and drug administration for treatment of ADD/ADHD/Narcolepsy and other sleep disorders.. it is also still used in extreme situations as a weight loss supplement by certain DRs.