I am also 19 and I think I can be of some help. STAY AWAY FROM ADDERALL ESPECIALLY FOR REASONS OTHER THAN ADHD. Adderall is not a safe experimental drug... i know because i am prescribed to 30 mg for ADHD. I recently recovered from 2 years of cocaine addiction and honestly adderall has very similiar effects including the "coming down" effect which makes you want to cut your eyes out. It will definitly make you lose a ton of weight short term...as i would go days without eating. But as soon as you stop taking all the weight comes back due to your low metabolism. Overall the short term weightloss is not worth the chest pounding fast heartrate, the anxiety of coming down, or the possibility of addiction.

The choice is yours, if you feel the need to lose wieght is worth these risks than go ahead. It sounds like you live an active healty life, adderall can ruin that. You will have no urge to workout while on it, since it spoils you and makes you feel like your having a heart attack if you do. I refuse to take adderall anymore because i know i have had addiction problems and adderall is a cheaper version of coke....i even used to snort it like coke. But anyways good luck to you...hope you stick to the natural methods for weight lose.

The fact that adderall is even a legal drug after the increasing abuse of it absolutely disgusts me. My senior year of high school i discovered adderall through my boyfriend who was perscribed it for his ADD. Prior to taking adderall i developed any eating disorder for a few months. When i experimented with adderall being toldit would make me feel happy, hyper and focused i didnt know it would ignite my eating disorder. When i realized i was never hunger but had energy to workout i was hooked like crazy. He provided it for me knowing it made me a happier persn... however i lost a extremely unhealthy amount of weight. i was 5"6 115 and within 4 months i was a disgusting sickly 90 pounds! i never ate. My boyfriend knew i was addicted to the adderall he supplied and it killed him every day to see my once stunning body literally disappear. My addiction took over and if he didnt give it to me i would withdrawl and loose my mind crying screaming. I was hospitalized after my graduation and im now recovery. Having to fight my eating disorder was so rough but the withdrawls from adderall were even worse. My brain didnt know how to function normally anymore i was completely dependant on adderall to make me feel happy. I am telling everyone not to take this drug!!! adderall destroyed the beautiful person i was and almost killed me. Its been a year and a half since being addicted and im finally feeling like im me again. loose weight with diets and exercise! dont cheat your way to be thin make the real effort! you will feel proud and you will feel healthy! death or health?? dont choose adderall its nothing but pain.

the truth is it really will help you lose weight. i have taken it a few weeks at a time along with a lot of my friends. some people i know who stopped taking it are now addicted to coke. which is awful. the truth is that after you take it for a while you start not feeling as great anymore at first its good but the more you take it the faster the good feeling wears off and you'll start to feel really down. i don't suggest it at all.

I agree my DOCTOR prescribed it for Weight loss to give it a shot so i understand where she coming from. This is one of the steps i have to take before i can do bypass is try different routes. I tried all diets and different weight loss pills now we are trying this..SO DON'T YELL AT US if our doctor have us try it.

Ok this has to be said:

You're saying that because of people like YOU who popped adderall without actually having a diagnosed disorder.....that they should stop prescribing this drug to people who actually NEED it?! Do you know how ignorant you sound? You popped pills to get high knowing you don't have add/adhd and you're actually blaming the ADDERALL instead of your own stupidity? Did the adderall magically fly into your mouth? No, you put it there when you shouldn't have. You became addicted to these pills because YOU DIDN'T NEED THEM! You took them knowing it was not only dangerous, but illegal. People like you are the reason why I had to FIGHT to get prescribed this medication. Doctors refused to give it out to me because they knew about the people who abuse it without a prescription. I suffer from major depression, add, various eating disorders and I was getting worse and worse because NOBODY would help me and give me the medication I needed. I wasted years of my life in isolation and depression because I wasn't being treated.

I am 21 years old and on adderall xr. I have been on it for a few weeks. It has done NONE of the things that you claim it did to you, to me. You know why? Because I actually have a diagnosed disorder. So people who actually have add/adhd will not react the same way as someone who doesn't have it, and who take it for sheer amusement. I feel calm on this pill, not hyped up. I feel normal..even, and I can function. I don't have any sleeping problems, I don't have increased heart rate and it feels NOTHING like speed. If this pill makes you feel like you're on speed, you don't have add. You were either taking it for the wrong reasons or you were misdiagnosed.

I just love people who are so anti adderall and they base it on their experiences of pill popping drug binges. They want to get high and then when they find out getting high leads to addiction (dur dur dur) they are so anti adderall because "its the devil!" It couldn't possibly be that some people are just idiots that make stupid choices, and want to blame everything but themselves for their problems.

I have been prescribed Adderall for ADHD. I'm still waiting for insurance approval and have not taken any yet. I am concerned about the lack of appetite side effect. I get dizzy and nauseous when I don't eat often enough. While it would be nice to lose a few pounds, I don't want to feel sick or lose weight due to starvation. My ADHD symptoms have worsened severely in the last six months and I fear the risks of a lesser quality of life more than weight loss. I have six children who need a functioning mother, but also a healthy one. I'd love advice from those who've taken Adderall as a properly dispensed prescription. I HATE feeling sick from not eating. Will I still experience those negative effects of low blood sugar if Adderall decreases my appetite? Thanks!

I would advise any one who wants to take Adderall for weight loss DON'T DO IT!!! I was on adderall for ADD and the weight loss I experienced was an added bonus since I was still a bit heavy after having my 2nd child..I was weighing 137 not my usual 125. Well after 6 months my appetite started to open up and I started gaining weight. I stopped adderall altogether and gained 27 pounds which now I am struggling to lose.

There is no miracle pill if there was Oprah would be skinny! Just eat lots of veggies and lean protein and exercise. I wish someone would have told me this. I am now 157...I have never been this heavy and the weight wont budge. No matter if it takes years I will get rid of the weight the right way no more pills.

Make sure you get enough sleep and try to live stress free that will help with memory and concentration too.

I have ADD and my Doc prescribed me adderall along with an anti depressant I feel like a normal person when I take my meds. I have a lot going on in my life and I have heard about the decrease in metabolism when your on this drug, I am a bit concerned about it so any suggestions would be awesome. Oh and the other thing I just had to say is anybody who does not have a medical problem should not take medicine like this, it does have a different effect if you have ADD or Depression. Anyone who uses drugs should find a better way to cope with an issue, someone very dear to me is now in a lot of trouble because of drugs. They are locked up, they ripped my family apart, and not to mention I watched my parents struggle because their son, my brother almost kill himself. So for you idiots out there, life is so much better when you can see it for yourself and your not blinded by drugs!

i have been thin my entire adult life (in my early 30s now) and never above 115. After gaining 5 pounds or so of "happy weight" in my new relationship I got some adderal from a friend and for the past year have been popping a quarter to half a pill before the gym. I loved it mostly for how it made working out actually FUN - the euphoric burst you get makes anything you are doing at the time fun. I did loose some weight the first few months, but then started noticing a weight GAIN - it was as if my metabolism was totally f***** with. Now I am 125, and while not even close to overweight was certainly NOT my intention starting this c**p and I'm the heaviest i have ever been and I KNOW its from adderal effecting my metabolism. I have stopped taking it recently and I'm praying I can get myself back to normal. Anyone else have this side effect..??

I am 15 years old, and a friend of mine has ADHD, and was so hyped up on so many other drugs they were afraid to take the Adderall themselves, and I heard the effect of it was really cool, so I made the mistake of taking it. I was 14 at the time, and have regretted it ever since. I don't want you all getting the wrong opinion about me, I don't often do drugs/alcohol/tobacco, anything like that. I am, in fact, a member of TATU (teens against tobacco use). This was a one time MAJOR MISTAKE. I don't recommend this drug to anyone who does not have ADHD, because the effect is far from good. I could not sit still for more than five seconds, and always had to be moving my hands, my heart was racing, and coming down off of it was horrible. I had much trouble dealing with this, not having ever dealt with anything near this experience. I was also, by the way, SEVERELY punished by my parents for taking this because I live in a town so small that if you so much as pass gas in class the whole town hears about it. I am only posting this because I don't want anyone else to go through this feeling. It is horrible!!!!!!!!! STAY AWAY FROM ADDERALL XR!!!!!!!!!

I JUST WANT TO COMMENT ON USING ADDERALL FOR WEIGHT LOSS. I MADE A DECISION LAST NIGHT TO START TAKING ADDERALL TO LOSE WEIGHT. I QUIT SMOKING LAST AUGUST AND GAINED 30 POUNDS DOING IT. I GO TO THE GYM THREE TO FOUR TIMES PER WEEK, AND I DONT EAT JUNK FOOD. SO FOR THE PEOPLE WHO SAY EXCERSISE AND YOU'LL LOSE WEIGHT, HOW LONG AND HOW OFTEN DO I HAVE TO DO ALL OF THIS TO NOTICE A DIFFERENCE? I JUST TURNED 38 AND LOSING WEIGHT SEEMS TO BE THE HARDEST THING, EVEN HARDER THAN QUITTING SMOKING. SO I WILL TRY ADDERALL FOR A LITTLE WHILE TO SEE IF IT HELPS ME. OH AND BY THE WAY I DONT DO ANY DRUGS OR DRINK, SO AS FAR AS BEING A JUNKIE, IM NOT. IM JUST TIRED OF WORKING SO HARD TO LOSE WEIGHT AND NOT! I AM WILLING TO TAKE THE CHANCE AT THIS POINT

adderall does work great, but it seem like you just have an unhealthy lifestyle and eating habits its sooo absurd to be 135lbs in the eight grade!!! Im also 5'7 and i weighed 135lbs after a car accident!!1 in eight grade i was 98lbs. well congrats on the weight loss keep up the good work!! :D

I have pretty bad ADHD and adderall helps me to STOP moving around a lot and pay attention. I lost 60 pounds in a month and I don't owe it to adderall if anything it slowed me down because it hurts my stomach. Yes it makes me feel a little better not being so hyper all the time but it can mess you up if your not careful. "Junk food" is not the only thing that makes it hard to loss weight. Pay attention to how much you eat and try to eat 6 200 calories meals a day and drink a lot of water and only water. My girlfriend left me and I almost killed myself one night after I came off adderall without even knowing. Don't be stupid stay away from the sh*t unless you have ADHD! Stop being such lazy pussys and loss weight the right way!

Never, ever take this drug unless it is prescribed to you!

I asked a girl at work what she does to stay so skinny (I had a baby and was feeling down about the way I look. Tried dieting and exercise but wasn't seeing the results I wanted) and she told me she takes adderall. I became interested when she told me she lost 30 pounds on it. I am not one to experiment with drugs and I rarely ever drink. But when 4 other girls at work said they use it all the time, I thought, what harm could it do? I tried one 30 mg. At first I felt amazing! I thought I could do anything in the entire world. I felt happy and full of energy. And I definitely didn't feel hungry. Then about 5 hours later, the regret set in. I was sweating uncontrollably, and my heart was racing. 5 hours later I was having a full blown anxiety attack. My hands were numb, I felt like I wasn't getting enough air, I thought I was going to die. I was admitted to the ER and they had to monitor my heart and do an EKG test on me. Thankfully, my EKG came out normal. But 32 hours later, I still can't seem to keep my heart rate at a normal pace. I feel so anxious, which is a huge side effect of this drug. When you come down you feel nervous, paranoid and anxious. Not only that, but you can't sleep. I woke up every hour to check my pulse to make sure I was okay. I only took it once and I will never do it again. It is not worth it to put your life at risk! Just because other people don't experience these side effects doesn't mean you won't.

I have never taken adderall but I think if you can take it for a short period of time and get into a routine then you can slowly get off of it and start on something like Phentermine. I have taken phentermin and it works wonders but after a while it dont and you have to stop taking it. Adderall was made not for ADD or ADHD. It was made for weight loss. I bet most ppl out there dont know that. They only banned it because ppl werent taking it like the doctors prescribed. (just like with phen-phen) Then they started using it for ADD and ADHD. So for all those ppl that think its not for weight loss, sorry to bust ur bubble.