I have a hard time getting motivated to exercise and I want to use Adderall to jump start my weight loss. I want to know if anyone knows how to get it without a prescription?

first off, my dad is a MD and he said, yes it severe cases where people cannot lose weight, they will put them on adderall. its not just for ADHD, ADD too. its used for a few reasons. weight loss isnt the most common, by far. but that doesnt mean your wrong for taking it for it, and being prescribed it by a doctor.

just dont act like u know everything about the pill bc u take it for a certain reason. bc thats what ur knowledgeable about, but that doesnt mean u know everything. obviously

I have been on Adderall for about one year and have had weight loss as a side effect. I have also had improved concentration, and focus. I am on XR so it may be different but the way I keep from being addicted and having other negative side effects is I don't take it on days I don't need it! I am a college student and I don't take it on light study days, over the school breaks, things like that. If you got addicted you did it to yourself. I know how addictive it is therefore I try to take measures to avoid addiction. If you are taking Adderall for weight loss without a doctors prescription you are a fool. To the girl who wants to lose 5kilos (3lbs) you can do that by eating fruit and low fat yogurt for breakfast instead of your coco pebbles.

I have taken Adderall XR for 4 years off and on and have gone through most of what everyone has talked about. I'm not really scared of you getting addicted to the drug itself because it isn't a comfortable feeling to be on it. It affects your mind and body your heart beat will speed up and sometimes when you come off you can get really sad. It affects your social life interacting with others is different and if you take too much you can bug out and really look weird because you will run around rearranging things and cleaning. You will get sick of it and if you are not dedicated you will wake up one morning and your tired body will make adderall the last thing you want to be on. Those days when you don't take it food will be the best sensation ever and you will eat everything as if you were pregnant. Also at night when it wares off you will get hungry and it is intense. Almost everyone I know who takes stimulants like these get sick of them and take them as a last resort. ( eating disorders are the problem not adderall)

I also need to loose a little weight, can someone help me get adderall please????????????????? anybody there?? :-(

Adderall is not just for ADD . and there was no need to be a jerk.

you pay 80 bucks because your insurance sucks. the end

To everyone complaining about the bad come down effects, that goes away after like the third time using it.

So how much do people recommend you take to lose weight? I only want to lose 10lbs. I have a pagaent I am entering in 1 month. How fast do you lose the weight once you take it?

I just wanted to share my experiences with Adderall..

I was prescribed Adderall about 6 months ago for my ADHD. It felt like a miracle drug..absolutely amazing! The other day I forgot one dose, and it felt as if I had lost half my brain. I am a waitress, and while I was talking with a customer, I would forget what I was discussing with him/her mid-sentence. I am a pre-med student, and I felt like I had the brain of a 10 year old. It really scared me, and I felt very anxious and disoriented. I could not even drive a car. I had no idea how dependant I really am on Adderall until this occured. I have never had any kind of problems with addiction, and I do not drink or smoke. This is just a warning for others who have been prescribed it--I am not implying that every person would have this type of experience, but it is very possible, regardless of whether or not you have ever had problems with drug addictions.

I have been taking it for a week and have lost about 6 pounds by the way 5 kilo is about 10.4 pounds i only take 1/2 pill aday and it keeps me going i did the first day take a whole pill and i was like real jittery but 1/2 pill does the same w/o the racing heart and jitters!

I take adderall for ADD. And i've noticed a huge weight loss difference the first week. It's okay to take adderall for weight loss for a limited amount of time because it can be harsh on your heart and make you feel extremely jittery at times especially because it effects people without ADD a lot different then people who have it.

it is absolutely normal to have cotton mouth or be very thirsty while taking it, just make sure you drink a ton of water and tea's.

A con of taking adderall for weight loss is that it does not boost your metabolism nor help shed fat, the only thing it does for you is curve your appetite and make food less appealing. While also keeping you up on your feet and busy.
Once you get off of adderall if you are not careful you will gain twice as much weight that you lost. you will have the same food cravings you did before taking it, and you will also be able to eat a lot more.

I agree with what the person before me said, and also I noticed in alot of responses that alot of people dont know that the metabolisim has nothing to do with buring fat! THE ONLY PEOPLE WITH SLOW METABOLISMS ARE CALLED DIABETICS!!!! THE METABOLISM CONVERTS SUGAR IN TO ENERGY, IT DOES'NT TOUCH FAT AT ALL!!!

All these "anti-adderall' preachers on here sound absolutely ridiculous. It's called self control. Adderall doesn't ruin your life, it's the decision made by individuals who are dumb enough to lack self control. They way I see things is, alcohol doesn't ruin your life, but it will if you decide to become an alcoholic. But does that mean that alcohol is horrible and should therefore be banned from the normal people who have self control? I don't think so.

The other things is, most of these people on here sound like they tried the drug without a prescription and then pass judgement on the drug because of the experience they encountered. There is a reason why the medication is prescribed, to keep it out of the hands of fools like you!! And for the people that were prescribed this and claim that it has ruined your life, again, SELF CONTROL. If you realized that you were experiencing undesirable effects, I feel it's your own fault if you don't have the ability to control your own actions. So it's not the adderall's fault, it's the people who can't control themselves while using this.

As for me, I really do have ADHD and have been prescribed it in the past and has helped me, and now years later, I am at a time in my life, where I have started taking it again. In the past, yes, adderall did have a desirable affect of losing weight. And NO, I did not gain the weight back after stopping the medication. Again, this has to do with self control. If you lose the weight on adderall, you need to be able to control your actions, after you stop taking the medication. You will not gain massive amounts of weight back just by not taking the medication. If you excercise and eat healthy, it is not scientifically possible for this to occur after stopping adderall. It would only occur if you do not know how to properly manage your calorie intake and don't work out regularly. I'm sorry, but 90% of you fools on here have absolutely not a clue as to what you are talking about.

By not eating properly or excercising on adderall, yes, you might lose weight in an unhealthy manner and slow your metabolism. But that's not to say that you can't build your metabolism back up with healty eating habits and excercise EVEN after you decide to stop the medication. Again, it's all about how you decide to control yourself and your habits.

i totaly agree with "guest" above me. Yes adderall is an addictive sububstance, and yes it does have its deadly consequences but at the same time if you use it with restrictions then you will be fine. She is also absolutely right about getting in some motivation to continue to loose weight. Some times your old car dies down and you need to jump start it to get it up and running again, After the car starts the first thing you do is take the car to the shop and repair the car then continue to maintain it till your pocket runs out of money or you got a little lazy. The same conept applies here as well for your health. you can use adderall to jump start your weight loss plan to motivate you and once you start seeing the results you should begin to decrease your usage slowly and increase your heallthy diet and excersise plan that you have/should set up for self. you should eventually come to a point where you dont need to use the substance any more. Dont always trust the Dr.s because with the way the economy is going they care more about their income than the well being of our health. Trust me i know. i work at a hospital and a private practice. But ofcourse there are exceptions. My concept in life is you can have anything in the world.. but always do it with limitations. You can have fun, smoke, drink, party spend money, work, eat and what not.. but all with limitations and good morals and you will be fine... ofcourse im not saying that you should drink and smoke and get drunk.. i dont really agree with the smoking and partying myself... but im just saying if you do do theses things, you should do it with limitations and not loose your moral value then you will be fine. Lifes way to short to not enjoy it. just be smart.. do what makes you happy without killing yourself and your body. Take care of your body because without your body you cant really enjoy LIFE now can you. So take care of your self and your body, because it truly is a gift from god. You should cherish it and enjoy your life.... Hope this helped.... :-D

This post in neither condemning nor condoning the use of adderall for weight loss, I am just relaying my experience with it.

When I first tried adderall I was getting it from my friends at school, who sold it for around 12 cents a milligram. I would get a bunch and swallow it or snort it, until I was taking up to 150 or 170 mg a day. I didn't even realize what was happening to my body (even though I never slept, only ate on the weekends, got hot flashes and started hallucinating) until my dorm had an intervention about my weight loss, thinking I was anorexic. I wasn't even using it for weight loss, it was to study!

That was about 4 or 5 years ago, and after I stopped at first I felt like I couldn't think for a month or two, like I got stupid. But what ended up happening was that after I recovered from the withdrawal I had developed excellent study habits and an ability to focus for long periods that I had never experienced before. Even though I surely abused the drug and was pretty unhealthy, it changed the chemical workings of my brain so that I became a more ambitious and better motivated student. The focus I gained from using adderall helped me to become more interested and absorbed in my studies and I retained that even after I stopped taking it.

Today, I am writing my masters thesis and I find that small amounts of adderall (which I now have a prescription for) is invaluable in allowing me to work quickly, efficiently, and with purpose. It also helps me to control my overeating which was largely emotional or habitual. A lot of people eat nervously when they study or work, and that is not a problem with adderall. I am now a perfect weight (120) for my height (5'2"), I exercise regularly and since I don't crave high-fat or sugary foods, I have fantastic nutrition.

Adderall is a serious drug that should not be taken lightly, but its effects can be both positive and negative. It is not good or bad, simply a tool. Use it wisely.

jv