eating healthy and exercising is not as easy as all you people make it seem.
When you are a full time college student who also works and has papers to write and is studying every other night of the week. The last thing you feel like doing with any free time you have is going to the gym. And I don't have freaking time to cook a healthy meal because I do not have time period.

Diet pills are for people who cannot follow a regular diet or who do not have the luxury of being able to concentrate only on being skinny. I mean I have more important things to worry about like getting an good enough GPA for my scholarships.

Take at your own risk. Was on it for two years for ADD and only took 20mg. Ended up with Major panic attackes and anxiety attacks. Adderall is Known to cause these. Went to cardiologist, after insurance, 6000 dollars later, I found it was causing heart problems. Am young and normally in excellant health. Gained all weight back when I WENT OFF. All weight. Bruise very easiy. And am Angry my doctor kept wanting me to stay on this stuff when I repeatedly told him how sick I was getting from it. Iv'e never felt the same since physically. Don't do it. Just don't.

Im 17 years old and i have also taked adderall to lose wieght i want to know how to stop and lose wieght on my own!

If you are taking adderall for two weeks it is likely that you do not have a prescription because then you would definitely use it for more than two weeks. if that is the case you are taking an illegal drug to lose weight. why don't you try getting off of your butt and exercising instead of abusing prescription stimulants?

I see a nutritionist who is also an everyday doctor just specializes in weight loss now, I have lost almost 30lbs. he teaches how to eat right what to eat and how much you should be eating. Also stresses lots of excercise however everones body is differant and some just get stuck and have trouble getting the last ten lbs off, that is my problem anyway he has prescribed me adderall 30mg twice a day, I don't see anything wrong with it. For me it's good cuz a long time ago I have also been to a doctor and used to be on ritalin for ADHD. I think adderall is great i don't ever feel hungry but I don't starve myself even if I'm not hungry I still eat what I'm sopose to to be healthy but it helps me stay away from all the bad stuff I don't want it cuz I'm not hungry. So I really don't think anyone should be getting on Anyones case for taking the drug it's perscribed for many differant reasons not just ADHD but I highly suggest u take only under a doctors care. Don't go buying or getting it from a friend cuz for your body it may be wrong and you 'll never know. My doctor did a blood test and a heart test to see if it's ok for me to be on the drug. But don't dring caffiene either when on it cuz it will make your heart race and that's not good, especially if your working out lot like I am I made that mistake once and felt like I was going to have a heart attack. So stay away from the caffiene. And also just want to say I don't have health insurance and pay out of pocket and I'm only paying $40 a bottle for 60 pills of 30mg a pill that I take twice a day, so whoever said 80$ that's crazy. But I see nothing wrong with taking this pill for weight loss as long as your seeing a doctor to get it.

Hi, I'm thinking of getting Adderall is it Adderall or Adderall RX? I'm wanting it for quick weight loss.

I went on adderall in Feb of 2009, I was not that active and at 5'3" I weighed 173lbs. OOps. Adderall gave me the concentration (and energy) to go to the gym and follow through with things. By the end of the semester I was going to the gym 4-5x a week and went down to 140lbs!! I was so excited! The only problem that I had was that while I am on adderall my tastes changed! I no longer want a hamburger or salad, but would LOVE a bag of chips or some ice cream (I never liked ice cream before taking adderall). It makes me not want to eat the highly filling (good for you) foods like a Turkey sandwich, I would rather grab a bag of doritos or some candy. It's odd.

I was diagnosed 2 years ago with ADD and was put on adderall. I at first loved the affect it had on my ability to focus and clearity I felt..that began to change. I have always been on the thin side and adderall did make me lose a couple pounds. Over the last two years I developed adult acne, my skin aged more then ever, and I began to develop severe mood swings and was so irritable. I decided to stop taking the drug and while I have put on about 5 pounds since stopping my skin has completely cleared up, and I feel normal again...relaxed! I don't ever advise taking this drug. It made me almost lose my relationship and was not worth all the stress and emotions I had while on it.

I would never think about taking it for weight! Think about your health and your heart that will suffer!

Want dude where you get your adderall from cus like my is free............ yea i on adderall i am 16 years old. like the first time i had taking the pill i was like god i look at everything that move. but also i was not as hungy as i usly be but like i was losssing weight so fast i lose weight like the first week. will when i seen my Dr. about gettin me on the pill, i weigh about 274!!!!! yea really. an than bout one week later i week to the DR aging an i weigh about 264 i loss that much in a week it a good pill but take it for the right reason not to loss weight or to get good grades just work at it an stop buying form the black markt that is not a good idea cus that can be to much of a high doses for you.

Ok. Here's the dealwith Adderall. I'm 16, and I absolutely despise medicine, even if it's an antibiotic. I took an Adderall this morning like it was a tylenol. I'm 5'4" ish and around 97 pounds. I took the Adderall, which was my friend's, to lose more weight. I have had some form of an eating disorder since I was 8. I got a stomach virus and it lasted 9 days, during which I lost around 15 pounds. Since then, 8 years later, I still struggle with staying healthy. I have never once weighed over 100 pounds, and until today, I never thought it was a problem. Lately, I've been obssessed with staying under 100 pounds, which, according to my last doctor's visit, is around 20 pounds underweight. Adderall is specifically for the treatment of ADHD, though it has other uses as well. If you are taking Adderall for weight loss and you don't have ADHD, you will be more hyper, have more energy, etc., but you will have a severe crash when it wears off. I apparently have ADHD to some degree, because I have been much more calm and quiet than my normal loud obnoxious self. I also usually eat breakfast around 6:30, snacks around 8:30 and 9:00, lunch at 11:00, more snacks around 12:00 and 1:45, more when I get home from 3:00 to 4:00, and dinner aroun 7:00. I even have snacks after that. I eat ALL DAY, and it drives me crazy. If I'm hungry, I can't just not eat. So far today, I have eaten 2 muffins for breakfast, and not even half a salad- only lettuce- at lunch. It's now almost 2:30. It's definitely a nice feeling to not feel the need to eat every hour or more, but I've noticed that the shirt I put on this morning, which fit, is now loose. I've already started losing weight, and I took one pill not even 8 hours ago. So yes, it works for weight loss. Healthy? No. Safe? No. Stupid decision? Definitely. But along with the weight loss, I can finally focus. I normally have 10 thoughts occuring all at once, which becomes extremely frustrating. I have one thought at a time today. My normal speaking voice can be heard across the cafeteria. I never understood it why people told me to shut up. Now I understand. Point being.... It's great if you want to lose weight or if you have ADHD, but I know there will be severe side effects later on, and I'm already addicted to it.

the only problem with taking adderall for weight loss is that it is so easy to become dependent on. not to mention that you become immune to it very quickly and need larger doses. i also noticed when i took it that as soon as it wore off a few hours later, i craved sugars and junk food alot more than i normally would.

Adderall isn't the only ADD/ADHD drug out there. It is an amphetamine so increased energy and weight loss is a given. If you don't want to be listed as a "druggie" then have your doctor prescribe one of the other drugs for the disorder. So many people claim to have it just so they can take that pill. Adderall should be taken off the market.

I've been prescribed Adderall for ADD and it's been working great. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't love the side effect of appetite loss. Also, the thirstiness isn't actual THIRST persay, but drymouth. Chewing gum has helped me a lot with that.

wow fail on all your comments except the original post some docters do prescribe adderall as a weight loss drug it does speed up ur heart rate any so called weight loss drug will because of the increased metabolic rate it must possess to have any affect on weight. For you i would suggest a drug called adipex it specific for weight loss...hard to get though as is adderall it is consider a type two narcotic.
goodluck
dr. b

Well I started taking adderall for weight loss 3 weeks ago and ive lost 25 pounds. I'm going for 30. The way I use it I can lose the weight I want and still eat and have a good metabolism. While I'm on adderall, I smoke some marijuana a few times a day like I normally do(I have a prescription) and I get the 'munchies' so I eat. But before I started using adderall, I would eat junk food at lunch, which I no longer do, and I didn't eat breakfast ever. Now I eat 3 healthy, balanced meals a day, and I excercise every other day(excercising while on weed and adderall is superrrr fun so that helps). I am in better shape than I ever have been in my life thanks to ganja and adderall.

Also fyi I do have a prescription for adderall too for my add, and I only take it on weekdays.