I have been taking adderall for about 5 weeks now. I started taking it to lose weight and I have. At first I was taking 10 mg, but now I am up to 20 mg a day. I eat breakfast and take one pill, and then eat very little the rest of the day. I am eating less than 1200 calories a day, and considering I weighed 250 lbs before taking it and now I weigh 225, thats 5 lbs a week! I do not have ADD, which I do not believe in anyway (doctor/pharmacy conspiracy to get money just like Depression). Anyway, I have also been active and eating healthy when I do eat (fruits, lots of veggies, lots of lean protein, very few carbs) I have lost weight before, 70 lbs, without adderall by diet and exercise, but adderall makes it a lot easier. You don't get hungry, you have energy, and I sleep fine at night (but I take it early in the morning). I do not take adderall on Sundays, because that is my day of rest ( Im not religious, I just don't work on Sundays, and I think it is a good idea to take a break from it every now and again). My biggest complaint is the smoking. I had quit smoking for over a year, but after one week of adderall I am smoking a pack a day. I drink nothing but water, and a lot of it, probably 6-8 bottles a day. I do plan to quit taking it once I lose more weight, and when I don't take it I do not have any sort of withdrawl from it. Also, I think my stomach has shrunk because even when I'm not on it I still do not eat a lot. Dieting without adderall is exhausting, I was tired all the time and basically my stomach growled 24/7. Now I eat a bite or two every couple of hours and I don't have to take a nap when I get off work. I have nothing but praise for adderall. Also, it is cheap one 20 mg is 3 dollars, 30 mg is 4 dollars, do not pay any more than that, you are being ripped off. I mean no I do not have a prescription or the supposed disorder that the pill is meant to treat, but I see no harm in what I am doing. Also, the people I know who also take it have not experience any of the horrors that have been described by some on this website. Your body, your choice.

I want to buy some, do you know where i can get it. my dr won't prescribe it to me.. :(

okay maybe this person may be a little lazy, but theres not need to rape them over the internet... seriously people. but yall do have a point! taking adderall for weight loss isnt the right direction to go , you should definatly try excersing if you really want to lose weight! join jenny craig or order nutrisystem. Its much healthier and im sure you will keep off the pounds much longer than if you were to take adderall and then just stop..or you could do both and then keep on excersizing., just be careful not to take too much and over dose, research it thourghy and im sure you will know the right decison to make for yourself. :-D

I just got prescribed Adderall about 16 days ago. They put me on the 20ml. When they weighed me at the doctors i was about 138lbs. I weighed myself a few days ago and I was 128lb. But once I hit that weight, my tolerance was built up a lot, so just 4 or 5 hours after I would take my pill, I would uncontrollably binge eat, and not able to focus. So then I started taking 2 a day and that worked for like 2 or 3 days, but now, my tolerance built up even more ( I think this is what is supposed to happen because your body just gets used to it but it still takes car of your ADHD) So this is just like a cycle, and pretty soon you are going to be dependent on it to keep your weight off and not uncontrollably binge eat, (because trust me you will, your fridge will be empty) My point is that if you keep taking Adderall just to loose weight, you will either gain all of your weight back (very quickly) because you forgot to take it or ran out, or get addicted and gain all of your weight back. Just thought id let you know.

honestly what are you not understanding when people are saying that even two to three weeks is not beneficial for having any permanent weight loss adderall is a stimulant and it suppresses the appetite I take 2 20mg tabs a day for my "ADD" which just happens to come along with the crappy side effect of appetite loss, for me it is so much to the point that I have to force myself to eat I am 5'2" and weigh 100 pounds because of this, I am a normal weight of 115 and if I go off of these pills for more than a day my appetite comes back full force because I am bringing my body out of starvation mode. Trust me I take this medication for it's prescribed purpose and do not like the fact that weight loss is a side effect, if anybody knows any better I just want to let everyone be reminded that when your body goes into starvation mode and you start to shed pounds very rapidly, you are losing your muscle not your fat! My body has attacked 15 lbs of my muscle tissue not my fat! I still have fat on my bones and it is ugly because by the way as an added negative since there is no beautiful toned muscle behind it the fat is jiggly and my cellulite is three times more noticeable then before adderall. I am very worried for myself if I ever decide I need to discontinue this medication because if I do my metabolism is extremely extremely low and when I stop my appetite will not be "suppressed" any longer, I will gain all the weight plus more back very rapidly! This medication is not prescribed to persons for weight loss because it is not the appropriate way to go about any logical weightloss regimen. Has anyone ever told you that your first supposed to lose your muscle? The one thing that burns your fat off? I highly doubt it! No the logical way is to burn the fat using your muscle, you just first have to find the motivation to do that. Please please listen to those who take it as precribed and read up more about it. Every blog I've read from users of adderall have had rapid weight loss, but upon discontinuation gained it all back and then some! If this drug was safe and acceptable for losing weight "it would be recommended" to doctors that they prescribe it for such purpose! The drug companies are out to make money and if this drug was safe and effective for such a purpose there is absolutely no way on earth that they wouldn't be heavily advertising and telling doctors to "premote their drug" "prescribe their drug"! It's just not appropriate! if she took it for two or three weeks yes she would lose weight, and yes her stomach will shrink! But hello....... If you listen to what those who stop taking it have said....they state that they eat like they haven't eaten in years their hunger levels spike high and they scarf food down like it's the last supper! Everyone is different and react differently to medication.....but it is highly unlikley that she will be the one in a million case that tried it like that and then got different results! I don't think people are trying to lecture, I think their just trying to get their story out there and just get people to take them seriously! Please don't take these pills if you don't have Add/adhd all it will do is A) greatly lower your metabolism....bad! B) Start the process of starvation forcing your body to attack your muscle tissue for nutrients only further discouraging fat burn.....bad! And C) Probably cause some highly adverse side effects besides the complete loss of appetite.....such as increased heart rate, increased aggression, some people show signs of bipolar and depression.....etc! If you want to lose weight use your muscle to do it! It would be taking steps backwards for you to lose your muscle to do it! Make sense? I hope so.....i wish you the best of luck! :)

Ok sometimes it is hard for people to stay on a diet especially if they DONT HAVE TIME!! so do not be rude, and for one DO NOT TAKE ALLI my sister in law took it and it made her VERY VERY ill, if you eat certain foods you may have issues! which for her sake I will not state on her bc its kind of embarassing...but I am thinking about taking this for some weight loss!! I am not overweight myself but, I would like to take some weight off

LMAO... Doctors don't just "flag" someone under no circumstances, or going off of other people's dependencies. I'm sure there's more dirty laundry not explained in this pity "woe is me" story. Especially when you need to go to a drug dealer (black market= same thing) which is completely illegal, just to get your high. You just stated that you've abused it and suffer the horrible consequences.. Get off these posts, you don't belong here.. And have not helped this questioning one bit... Suck it easy druggie..

People like you are the reason adderall has to be a controled drug! Because of you I have to go to my doc every three mons just to have him write a script and if I lose or something happens to one of my scripts then there is nothing I can do, I would have to go a month without it. It sad because I have ADD and if I were to go a month without it, that would be very bad. There are ways to lose weight, you are just being lazy which is why you are more then likly over weight. And the reason your heart races is because you dont need adderall!!! It would be really sad if you end up having a heart attack over taking something that you dont need all because you want to lose weight!!!!!!! Go to the gym instead of taking the easy way out!!!!

PEOPLE WHO REPLIED TO THIS AND SAID DON'T TAKE IT JUST FOR WEIGHT LOSS.. MY DOCTOR AS WELL AS MANY DOCTORS DO PRESCRIBE ADDERALL SPECIFICALLY JUST FOR AN APPETITE SUPPRESSANT BECAUSE IT DOES NOT HAVE MANY SIDE EFFECTS THAT OTHER PRESCRIPTION APPETITE SUPPRESSANTS HAVE. SO.. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS & JUST ANSWER THE PERSONS QUESTION.

Everybody's body is different NO ONE has the same reaction. So stop telling your stories and trying to relate to the poster. They don't have the same chemical balances as everyone else...GOSH

I like what you said...i am very skinny well not skinny skinny and i am afraid to lose weight

because i was once weighing at 135 and now I am at 189...so no I don't need it for that.

i am on it becasue of ADHD and in fear of losing weight, but like you said, just work out

smartly and that is what i plan to do. i know a friend (female) who lost weight on the pill

and she is gross looking. it is not necessary.

I take 15mg adderall a day 5-6 days a week for about a month now. Already down 10lbs and feel great! As an added bonus I have gotten alot of organizing done this past month as well! I love adderall and plan on using it to lose 30lbs of the baby weight I have been trying to take off for a while now. I think it's fine if your not abusing it or using it as a party drug. I would advice drinking lots of water, it can dehydrate you a bit. Now, back to organizing that closet!

yes i was 175-180 pounds my freshman year in highskool i wasnt tall but i was very athletic i was inside linebacker til soph year wen i got hurt in football, now i had started adderall in freshman year by mid sophmore i was literally 135 pounds after i got in football i started acting and now that im in college i gotta do photoshoots for other acting jobs well potential in hope that i can get some work done, but where i was getting at was i am now 215 pounds almost 6 ft i was gonna workout like heavy lifting but i wanna get you know skinny and sh*t fast i dont want to much muscle weight kuz that can turn into fat if i dont keep working out which would only make matters worse so now im actually currently bout to call and make my appointment with my doctor to get on adderrall again not to mention it realli does help u focus andi sucked at grades in highskool but some how i have a 3.745 now i mean could you imagine if i was on adderall im gonna have over a 4.0 by next year. it realli does work just becareful many ppl get sick if you dont take care of your self. good luck!Code:

Shoot, I took adderall for 2 years. and it's the most healthy and happy I should have been. I had the perfect tiny healthy belly, but the psychosis side made me obsessed with being better. my point being. if you lose the weight, you won't be happy, the drug will dilude you into thinking you should lose more... when you're perfect... I was perfect and had no idea. be safe. It's a wonder drug.. but you don't know that really till you're done with it.

I actually have ADHD. I procrastinated for the past two years before finally seeing a doctor yesterday and getting help. The obvious change brought me to tears. But I also fear for the side effects. I take only as much as I need to focus, because I don't want to get addicted. My father was addicted to painkillers when I was a child and it left an impression. My sister-in-law has been on it for seven years and she is at 60mg a day and has taken up smoking to calm herself down. She told me she can't get out of bed with out it. When she went off of the medication and smoking for her pregnancy she shot up to 200lbs. I only took 10mg yesterday, and I am having to force myself to eat.

When I was in 1st grade, they gave me Ritalin. But my parents took me off of it because I seemed "depressed." When really, I just had no appetite and was losing way too much weight. When I got off of it my appetite was double that of a normal person and I gained weight rapidly. I have never been considered fat, but I did have a pretty big potbelly until I developed the means to hold it in.

You're a fool to be taking this without having ADHD. When you get off of it your metabolism will be super low and your appetite, voracious. Also, it infuriates me that people abuse it, because there are people like me who really need it to function.

Do you know what it's like to have a very IQ but not be able to prove it? To fail at near everything because no matter how hard you try, you can't motivate yourself to do anything? To be called lazy because you HONESTLY don't remember everything you need to do in a day?