First off, i smoke pot. I work hard. I hate drinking (real smokers hate alchohol except of special occations like wedding, etc.) I think the mother has to smoke pot in order to be able to understand her daughter. Why? You CANNOT judge what you DO NOT know. She has to be able to be open with her daughter about it and allow her daughter to make up her own mind. I know its really hard to say this, but that is the ONLY way that any form of trust can be built. Boundaries have to be set where the mother has to allow the weed and keep a very open and closley monitored relationship with her daughter. Its hard to accept this even as i write it, it seems shocking, but the truth be told: IF a kid likes something and doesn't see it as wrong (as i did not see marijuana as wrong, i thought actually that the government has been suppressing it for years because marijuana brings you CLOSER to God.) Closer than being sober which to me is farther away. Not saying i cannot attain it naturally, i'm saying that there is something in marijuana that opens a door to God. But where God is, the Devil sneaks in as well; especially in this earth. My advise is not for all mothers to tell thier daughters that weed is okay to smoke; this is not an absolute response, there is no just 'one way.' IN THIS PARTICULAR case, the girl already has smoked weed and has liked it and has a pipe and friends smoking in backyard. BE LUCKY your daughter is in your backyard and not in a BaCKSEAT of a car getting preganat and smoking a joint. DONT push your kids away people because of weed... they're not evil! But, if you treat your kid like they're evil for smoking weed, they may end up like that. BUT HONESTY brings us closer to love with each other. SET boundaries with her though, she cannot smoke morning day and night. She needs to go through a certain amount and maintain that usage so it doesn't escalate. Make sure she attends her classes and stays on top of her homework as well. Don't let her gain too much weight either, she needs to excercise moderatley and drink water to keep her system going strong. Get her a medical marijuana license and let her grow grow grow her own as well! Do it, you to mother.. you get your medical marijuana CAREGIVERS license so you can take care of her needs. (this when she's 18, not now)...

.. Believe me, the more open and accepting you are, the better mental health your child will have. Now remember, this saying only goes for this particular case and isn't a philosophy to base your life on. BUT BELIEVE ME... more accepting and happy you embrace this; the less she will smoke and the less mental damage she will have because of guilt and consience.

Your daughters new friends probably encouraged her to smoke weed she is lost and confused what I'd do is be straight up with her but if she wants to give you attitude don't tolerate that you need to come from your own point(meaning sumthing you have actually been through)
I'm guessing you were probably a good gurl back in high school.
I'm 21 I've been trough hell and back
my mom was a single parent she'd have new boyfriends on a weekly baisis, father was addicted to crack
of course I've tried drugs
and I still do smoke weed to this day but the point is shes at an age in her life where she over exadurates her problems like most teenagers do n they get mouthy n switch friend like i never trusted none of my friends Family First i got that tattood on me cause it ment something to me all my life as much as my family did me dirt they were the ones there for me friends come and go
but i had a problem when i was 17 I got pregnant, I got a 4 year old son who i never regret having he's the light of my life and im not encouraging your daughter to go out n get pregnant to come to
the same level with your teenager negociate with them don't stress over this
my mom never cared where i was i could do whatever i wanted whenever i wanted i got my way
when you negociate with your kids ask her why she smokes weed if she says something stupid then be like haa your not going out tonight, if she says sumthing i get medical or just because it helps her concentrait cause im able to concentrait when i smoke weed thats how i got my GED and passed grade 9 and 10 i smoked a half oz every
day your daughter probably only smokes maybe a gram a day
i dont get high off weed it just helps me focus im bad at that
so ask her for her reason whateve you do, do it just dont be mean n say no you cant smoke pot cause she'll do it anyways she'll grow out of it but just make sure she's not giving you attitude unless you like that?

I hope i gave you a good point of view to help

You need to smoke with your daughter. Not even joking. Smoke together, and talk about the attitude problems you've been getting from her.

\

I agree.

Alright look, I'm a 17 year old junior in school. You could say I'm a 'stoner', I smoke everyday I have the chance and have since I was a freshman, I mean at school before sporting events before I go to bed whenever I can. I am an exteemly hard worker, an honor roll student and an all state athlete. My parents do not support my habbit but they've had their own when they were kids so they understand. I know what's important in life because I have good parents that communicate with me. I have no desire to do any 'hard' drugs because weeds the sh*t. My adive to the mom is to talk with your daughter and don't freak out about the weed, there are a lot worse things that she could be doing. and don't be judgmental, peoples perceptions of me have changed in the small town I live in but I don't care, I'm a good hard working kid who enjoys smoking weed, its not dangerous in and of itsself, and shouldn't be illegal. Talk to her, as her friend and get to the bottom of this. Keep an open mind

Well I'm 17 years old and i have a 10 month old son. And I have smoked weed one time and i did not like it. And I mean you should confront your daughter about this and try to get her some help. The last thing you want to do is do this bad habit with her. Dont influence her do something about it. When my dad found out that i smoked weed ONE time he was going to send me off to bootcamp bc he didnt want me to get into anything bad. Because this habit can turn into her sneaking out, running away, doing harder drugs and kiling herself, because drugs can turn into suicide, or damn close to it!!!!!! You need to talk to her and if that doesnt work then you should get her help and trust me she's is going to say she hates you and that you are the worst person on the planet. And i know that would kill me if my son did that to me when he is older. But trust me in the long run she will thank you for helping her and getting her out of that enviroment with these immature kids that think weed is cool. And for cops that do it i hope i never run into a cop thats doing it bc dont think for one second i wont call his ass in because WEED is illegal and it does cause death. Two of my best friends were smoking weed and they snuck out of there parents houses and went for a ride with there other friends that were way older than them and guess what they never came back. The guy that was driving started speeding and and tryed to race a cop well they never came back they all got killed bc of drugs and the NUMBER ONE ILLEGAL DRUG WAS WEEDDDDD!!!! So I lost 2 friends in one night because if someone they hung out with.!!!!! So dont be easy on your daughter and dont try to be her frined be her parent the responsible one. And who knows maybe shes doing it to see if you will be tough on her maybe that is what she wants!!!!!!!!!

Use it , Don't Abuse it.

If you Can't do that , Don't try it.

The original post I realize is almost three years old and I hope the mom sucessfully helped her daughter to lead a more productive life and to NOT DO DRUGS. I do not have all of the answers, but I have had seven children, and my oldest gave me the most grief. Not only did he smoke pot but continued on to do most any drug you can think of , drink alcohol underage and had to be taken to the ER twice for accidental overdoses. I realize that teens think there is no harm in smoking pot, but I am here to tell you that not only does it unmotivate you and leave you forgetful, but it is a gateway drug, meaning that most likely you start out smoking a little dope and then before you know it you are doing much harder drugs. After such a hard time with my oldest son, I was not going to tolerate ANY out of control behavior from any of the rest of my children. I told all of them, AND MEANT IT, that if I ever even suspected them of doing any drugs or drinking I would change my work schedule and attend school with them. Just the thought of their "uncool"mom walking to classes with them, sitting in the back of their class and eating lunch with them in their cafeteria was enough to deter them for sure !!! And at the fist sign of any new behavior I would threaten them with a home drug kit, (even having my 16 y/o daughter give me a urine sample). You might think it is extreme, but I assure you my other six children will appreciate it when they are grown and they will be productive members of society. I believe drugs have been the down fall of our nation and it is our responsibility as parents to keep our kids on the right path.

I also (not that my children know all the details, but personally experienced messing up my future experimenting with drugs when I was a teen) I had been offered a full scholarship to any school of my choice and had a MD offering to pay for my medical school training after graduation , but I met a guy who I thought was awesome, and started partying and doing drugs with him. I lost all my ambitions and did not see what harm could be done, but I blew a TREMENDOUS opportunity that to this day I regret terribly. I hope this helps any teens or parents to keep on the right track and to STAY AWAY FROM DRUGS !!! They arent as cool as your friends want you to believe.

ok,yes YOUR daughter started doing other drugs, obviously you were the one who didnt keep her away from the ppl doing worse drugs.

now if you would have just let her smoke weed at home were she is safe and not around worse drugs(hopefully) than that never would have happened to her.

your just using your daughters dumb decisions to make marijuana sound bad. marijuana doesnt make you do other drugs,that was your daughters choice, ive smoked it for four years and never once touched another drug and i have an uncle who has been smoking it for 30 years and he has neveronce touched any other drugs and no criminal record what so ever and graduated collage. also all my friends do and none of them do any other drugs.

marijuana did nothing wrong in your situation, your daughter did.

Weed is not a gateway drug. Plenty of people smoke and never bang heroin. It doesn't cause mental illness and it doesn't stunt growth. Its completely harmless except for the smoke is bad on your lungs. Comsuning it orarly is the safest way and causes absolutely no physical or mental harm. Besides that it just burns a hole in your wallet if you love it like I do. Get your facts straight.

From reading this post, I found one thing to be true. Every poster who is "pro-weed" have horrible grammar.

Im pro-weed, Actaully im above being pro-weed, I'm passionate about it. I use it for spiritual reasons. My advice to give you is, If you find it take it away, if you wish. shes 15 you can't really control her anymore, If she loves weed she will smoke it. My parents tried and tried now look at me im wanting to go to college to be a laywer for cannibis (drugwar) victims.

Weed and herion are so differnt, people are so blind-sided and close minded weed doesnt lead to anything.... See what NEEDS to be done is for people to quit lying about weed, ("if they lied about weed, they might of lied about herion or meth") weed is nothing if thats your only pronbelm you should be proud. Quit being so close minded OPEN your eyes.

You should try talking to her as a friend and if possible try telling her and her friends the dangerous effects of smoke weed. Also, see if she can take a health class at school so she can learn more about what she is doing. Remember that she will have to be the one that makes the decisions about her life and will eventually be forced to suffer the consiquences. For those of you who think it is okay, it's not and you need to research it because you are killing yourself a little bit more each time you do. Here is a link to some info you should read.

As a parent, it's your duty to protect your teen from substances that could affect his performance in school and hurt him in the long run. Pot is a drug that can lead your teen down the wrong pathways, ruining his motivation and causing him to lose focus on what's important. Watch for signs of a change in behavior, like slipping grades at school or a history of absenteeism suddenly, says Educating . Because of the way pot alters your child's motivation, she'll likely stop caring about school and missing class to get high with her new friends. Call your child's school and ask for a report of recent attendance or a mid-term report on grades to be sure.
Evaluate your child's recent spending habits. The cost of pot varies, but a child smoking pot may be asking to borrow money more often than usual. You may also notice a change in his spending habits altogether; your son who previously was money conscientious suddenly has a zero balance in his bank account.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Have a talk with her. Ask her when and how many times she had been smoking weed. Tell her that you are disappointed and inform that there will be punishments to undertake. Take away privileges and make some ground rules. Talk to her as well the dangers on drugs and talk to her friend's parents. Inform them of the situation so that they can also do some proper measures with their kid.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***