You are so right. I have found out that my 17 year old is smoking pot. I am not happy actually I am very sad. It is illegal, it is addictive and it will lead to other drug abuse. I have heard it all such as: It is not a big deal, it makes me concentrate more in school, It calms me down and so on and so on. The bottom line is it is wrong. Children should not be allowed to do this. It is illegal and to be honest dangerous. My daughter had her first cat wreck after she had smoked and left to go pick up her boyfriend. She knew that the marijuana made her less alert. I know a great deal of children and adults are smoking pot. HAVE YOU LOOKED IN THE MIRROR AND SEEN HOW STUPID YOU LOOK. I just wish the children would start making good choices in there lives. Just remember these kids are our future and I hope they do not say, "Well I have smoked pot, but I have never inhaled." Come on kids get your c**p together and do what is legal and what is right. I double dog dare you.

Your daughter might just light marijuana. It's really not that terrible. A better question is how is she doing in school? Do you love your daughter? Do you TRY to have a relationship with her? You might be a bad parent, in which case, she is probably smoking marijuana to fill experiences that she is not getting from you. Be a better parent.

hi,

I recommended some tips.Be role model for your daughter.Talk freindly and spent more time with her..

You read a lot of pros out there about weed...but they are not from the medical community. There is harm. A cousin of mine just had a massive heart attack...has smoked weed for quite sometime...no cigarettes...just weed. Doctors told him if he wants to live he has to quit it. It can also cause lung cancer...just like cigarettes...you get a build up in your lungs. And It also has an effect on the developing brain of teens. So it's not alright...and not everyone goes on to stronger drugs...but some do...and that's just scary.

I couldn't agree more! My daughter's 15 year old boyfriend saw his mother go from weed to heroin...and one evening found her swollen and purple and dead in their bathroom....and his dad unconscious and close to death in the bedroom. Dad was saved...kids are in foster care. Just sad.

My 16 year old daughter is smoking pot and it's not okay.. There is no bad parenting here. She is very loved and very well taken care of. It does have a negative effect on a teens developing brain...and is harmful to your lungs and cardiovascular system. She has a mild heart condition and depression...and has been advised by her doctors not to smoke anything. We've sold her car...she doesn't care, we have taken away privileges...she doesn't like it, but still persists. Just difficult to understand why she wants to continue to do something that is harmful to her body and mind.

15 year old daughter caught smoking pot. My opinion kids are going to smoke pot do not make a big deal out of it and explain boundaries of pot smoking. Maybe a mother daughter pot smoking session will break the ice. The more you get upset you will make the situation worse