I was wondering if anyone else had experienced a large weight gain after having ablation surgery. I had my surgery in September 2006, and since then I have gained about 50lbs that I can't seem to loose. I have had my thyriod tested, and been tested for diabetes. Both tests came back normal.

Any knowledge of this will be helpful. Thanks!

I had ablation february 8th 2010 and I have gained 40 pounds since. I have been more and more "food" conscience, and have continued to increase my activity levels as I gain weight. Istill continue to gain and not lose. No answers to help though, sorry.

I myself had an ablation and it worked wonderfully but I have gained 50 lbs since that I cannot seem to lose either I am desparately trying everything that I can within healthy limitations but nothing and I mean nothing has worked

I had the surgery about 2 1/2 years ago and cannot get below 200 lbs. I use to be 165*170. Now Im 205!!!!

I had the surgery in June of 2011 and to date I have gained 36lbs..I have been dieting and exercising and nothing is happening. I even started insanity last week and I gained three pounds again after working my butt off and eating right..I am miserable..Is there anyone out there who can help?????

I was searching for answers or information about my surgery which was the thermal ablation in feb of 2010  i think,  im 45, had gained some weight, my periods were so bad, so i had this surgery  along with gall bladder surgery, i cant get rid of the weight i have gained  i eat right exercise  i used to weigh  125  now I'm  170  i cant stand it, i have since moved to another city,  but anyway,  i think all of us are having problems.  thanks Lisa

Ladies............. this might help.  I had same thing done Dec 14, 2012.  I gained 25 lbs.  I was asked in 1 month 3 different times were I pregnant.  I did some research.  I don't know exactly why this happens to us after the surgery.  But I looked up what foods attack belly fat.  I started eating like this a week and 2 days ago.  I've already lost 11 lbs. and was wearing size 13/14 and can fit into my size 11 now.  These are the foods................ strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, celery, grapefruit, avacodo, and also acai berries.  This is how I ate.......... 1-2 boiled eggs in the morning with some strawberries and blackberries.  I would eat a yogart and banana for snack.  Lunch I would eat more berries, celery, broccoli, 1 boiled egg.  Supper I ate baked fish, broccoli, rice.  Or I would eat a salad.  I ate like this for a whole week with no excercise because I have no time.  And that was my results.  I drank water and apple juice the whole time.  Egg, beans, seeds and nuts are good in protein and helps you feel full.  Meats:  stick with chicken, fish, turkey.  Dairy products:  make sure you get low fat because although dairy is good for you its high in fat.  These are the things I did.  It worked on me and I'm hoping it will work for yall too. :-)

The point is, WHY is it happening after this surgery? Anyone can lose weight on a diet of nuts and berries. WHAT made this happen to us?

I am having the same issue I had my surgery and went for my 2nd three month ck this past week and have gained close to 16 pounds which is a lot for me. I told the dr I had concerns with the weight gain and it seems to be all in the stomach area and I do not eat a whole lot so not from over eating. They are going to do an ultrasound on me today to check things out. I am hoping to find some answers once I do I would be glad to share. has anyone else had an ultrasound done after the surgery to see if anything else was going on with the uterous?

I had uterine thermal ablation done 2 weeks ago today, and I have gained 6 pounds already!  After the first week, I had gained a few pounds and my abdomen felt bloated, so this past week I tried to stay away from starches/carbs and ate a lot of salad (no dressing) instead of what I'd normally eat.  Still, I gained another 3 pounds.  Like another respondent, I'm beginning to look pregnant and am extremely concerned . . . 6 pounds in two weeks . . . this trajectory is leading to dissatisfaction!

I had my Novasure procedure done in July 2012.  I have gained about 16 pounds that I can't lose no matter what-most of those fairly suddenly (Jan-Mar 2013).  I am 38 and have never, ever had trouble with maintaining my weight with a varied  fairly healthy diet and (minimal) exercise.  I have an appointment on Monday to have blood work done to check for vitamin deficiencies, blood sugar, and thyroid or hormonal issues.  This is the most I have ever weighed and it doesn't seem to make sense-I've been eating healthier than I ever have and exercising more than usual.

Any news with your ultrasound?

I had an ablation done 5 years ago and have gained 30 pounds despite the fact that I am incredibly active and watch everything I eat. In fact I have run 2 marathons and done two triatholons since the ablation and STILL keep gaining. Its all in my belly. I am starting to look pregnant. My doctor doesn't believe it is related to the ablation but I think he is wrong and I will be looking for a new doctor.

•Some women also experience unwanted weight gain, especially around the waist region, as one of the side effects of endometrial ablation. The hormonal levels are altered due to this procedure which may cause the hormones to suffer a spike, resulting in weight gain.

I had my procedure done in 10/7/13. In laps of three months I gain 10 pound. I'm very active I run long distances, iI do crossfit at least 3 times a week and I eat clean Now I'm experiencing breast tenderness, mod swings and weight gain any advises... Please help