Will you be around this weekend?

FRIDAY: New stove delivered
SATURDAY: 12 Miles, Pampered Chef party @ friend's house (YUCK)
SUNDAY: Maxin' and relaxin'

Will you be around this weekend?

actually I will be at Dad's this weekend. He still has dialup. I know PH knows this stuff too though, he could be your surrogate cheese. ;) Lord knows he's better at it than I am anyway, networking, not being me. LMBO.

(IMAGE)
Don't toy with me or jinx me for that matter :umno:

OK, so what do I have to watch for with the Windows firewall?

when you're looking at the network connections, make sure that in the description (like you're in network places I mean, looking at the LAN or whatever connections) doesn't say "enabled and firewalled" Enabled is good. Firewalled won't let the pcs look inside one another, but will connect both to internet.
You do have your own firewall? If not, I'd suggest Zone Alarm. Love it.

I was leaning toward Black Ice. I'll look into Zone Alarm too.
I'm definitely going to need help with this I think.... :?

The guy who sold me my router at Circuit City was willing to help me install it, was goingto come over after work. You could find someone like this, yes?

Pffft...
I can do it myself. ;)

Pffft... I can do it myself. ;)
ok, but don't come crying to me when you break your stuff and stuff. boys... :wherestherolleyesicondammit:

that. sounds. painful. 8O

Years ago when I got my first router I was told by several experts that the router IS a firewall and I didn't need to use/add any software firewall. However I still need an AV program like Norton or McAfee but not for my new W10 computers. He said W10 has one built in that is better than Norton. So far it seems to work fine but I wish it would notify me when it stops something like Norton does just to make me feel like it's doing something.

You're no fun. :P Friday: Get stuff ready for neighborhood garage sale Saturday: Said garage sale Sunday: Clean up after garage sale. Go buy a casual winter coat and maybe some shoes. I am always in need of new shoes.

CHORES, CHORES and more CHORES.

Of course he was willing to come over after work and help you "install it".....look at those boobs!...... :wiggle: