Hi, So I'm almost 13 and I'm a bit of a hypochondriac. Recently there have been red bumps, sort of, forming at the base of my pubic hairs. This has been happening for a while and I never really thought it was much of a problem, until a few weeks ago, when the red bumps were a deeper red and a red "rash" was forming around them. It wasn't really a rash, and it didn't really itch, but I don't know a better term. That concerned me, but I didn't think it was very much a problem because the pubic area is just usually itchy, not like a rash or anything, it just usually is. But two days ago, I was getting ready to take a shower when I saw something that looked like candle wax around my pubic area. It was whitish-clear, it formed at the base of hair follicles, and in some cases in the hole where the hair came out, and just generally around my pubic area. It looked like dead skin, dandruff, but I had never had anything like that before. Me, being the hypochondriac I am, freaked out just enough to prompt the question, is this just dandruff, or is this like a fungus? It'd be illegal to post a picture, but I can describe it more in detail if need be.

hey liam do you sweat alot in your groin? do you ever shave your pubic hair?

It sounds like you probably have some folliculitis. or inflamation/infection of your hair follicles. it is very similar to acne.....

Yes to both, how would I go about treating this? Or should I ask my doctor.

the main cause is probably shaving.... shaving makes little cuts in your skin where bacteria can invade and set up infections. especially if your pubic area gets sweaty. bacteria love warm dark moist places....... how do you shave? do you use a razor and do you use shaving cream? is there a reason why you shave?

Thanks

Woops, I meant yes and no. I don't shave. I sweat an average (or what I believe to be) amount in my crotch, and I don't shave.

That's OK I would make sure that you wash your pubic area while in the shower. And not wear pants or underwear that are too tight. And see how that goes if you have a lot of bombs sometimes the doctor can put you on anabiotic's but usually they resolve on their own.... are you sexually active at all?

Not with other partners...

so you just masturbate with yourself? how are the bumps now?