I'm 22 and have been smoking entirely too much weed (everyday, morning, day, night) and couldn't get a stiffy and freaked out coming on here to look for answers.

I've slept with 12 girls in my life thus far. I've been blazing everyday, anytime I'm not working and a lot of times before or during I work since I have been 19. I've had 5 sexual partners since I've been 19, 2 of whom I've been in a serious relationship with and I've ran into this god forsaken problem with them. It isn't the girls either because porn doesn't work, masturbation, nothing. Truthfully, I don't even feel like doing either of them, which is odd because I use a computer once a week while doing my laundry and look forward to visting the MILF hunter! :-)

I haven't smoked in 2 days and don't intend to either. I have also used muscle relaxers, LSD, and X in the last month so that might have further contributed, but sh*t, I don't know! I love getting high but when it comes to getting high or having my penis work, the answers crystal clear.

I've read all about ED and my drug use is the only thing I can point to. Marijuana according to MANY credible (even government) sites I have read lowers testosterone, causes low libido, etc. If your someone who says it doesn't, watch Half Baked, I think of all people Dave Chappelle would know the side-effects of ganja!

I'll make a point to report back here because it seems as though I am not the only one and man, I've read people get suicidal over this and while I'd never do such a thing, it's easy to see why, basically put.

Stealing a line from a previous mentioned movie...

I love weed, LOVE IT! But not as much as I love *(girls)*!

I'm 40 and quit the weed two months ago. As long as I could remember I was having troubles in this department and I smoked since a teenager. It took a month or so but I can't believe it, it's like I'm 20 again, no troubles whatsoever. I didn't even quit for that reason because I was taking cialis but I don't need it any more. And talk about other benefits, I think so much more clearly, I articulate thoughts better. I am organized, my memory is sharp. My guitar playing is better. That's the thing about the weed, it fools you into believing it's mild and ok to do everyday but it is the most evil of all of the drugs. If you were doing coke or something like that everyday you would know you had a problem but the weed fools you. Thank God I quit.

All is true Ive been studying this for some time , Ive found 90% indoor weed makes one temp impotent , On the other hand outdoor weed ables one to have the best sex ever massive hard on . If you do find the weed has had a negitive effect on your penis then take a little bit of viragra less than half will do the job wait about hour ... This will restore you to maxium hard on .. enjoy

I Tryed cannabis twice and its been 5 days since the last day i used it and now i cant get hard

the last time i smoked i had an erection that lasted for hours and i wasn't even doing anything so i tell you what its not the weed all that other BS is just ppl trying to inflict there views on you i can't decide for you but 13 states already have it legalized for medical use so it can't be that bad just go with your gut
and remember what religion gave us the dark ages, the Spanish inquisition religion has done far more bad then good
just those two had more killings in it then ww1 and ww2

hey zerok are you still around? how are you doing now?

I started searching on this topic in the last few days because I've had 2 instances recently where I went soft during sex. This has never happened to me before apart from a time or two where I had WAY to much to drink and had a severe case of whiskey penis. I've been smoking for the past 15 years but it's been almost daily for at least the past 10 years, and I've never had this issue before. There are some external factors that I think may also be involved but I won't get into that here. Just tryin to figure out what the hell is going on! As much as I love cannibis, I'll give it up (or at least cut back heavily) if it's gonna kill my boner!

i kinda have the same issue as you guys but for me i know i can't stay hard when i'm stoned after many failed attempts. so if i want to have sex that day i just gotta either sober up or have sex before i blaze. shitty thing is, weed makes my gf really turned on and seems we blaze any chance we get, she gets in the mood and i don't.

Guest wrote:

Zerok wrote:

Hi, i am 17 years old and i've looked up a lot on this. I've smoked marijuana for a year, heavily, everyday and a lot of it. I got a new girlfriend, and i am very sexually attracted to her. But mostly everytime we start getting sexual, i either don't get an erection, or i get one but it goes away. I understand that marijuana causes impotence. But what if you quit smoking it? how long will it take me to get back to normal? PLEASE somebody help me!

I'm very sorry for your problem. It's a difficult problem for sure.

I would like to encourage you to save sex for marriage.

--- snip ---
I'll pray for you in your difficulties. I hope you'll be able to quit the marijuana and resolve the impotency problem. I'd hate for you to have to have that problem throughout your married life. : (

My advice is twofold. First, ignore the religious moralizing in the advice above. This is a medical forum and not a pulpit. Second, if you go off the dope for a month or so all the THC in your system will be eliminated naturally and you will no longer experience any real physical side effects. I say "real" because it is possible, even likely, that you will continue to have psychosomatic erectile difficulties until you can convince yourself that nothing is wrong with you. And perhaps a third piece of advice: practice safe sex. The problems you have now will pale in comparison to an unwanted pregnancy or an STD.

Cannabis has always had the opposite effect on me from what you describe. However, people are different and will not react uniformly to the use of any substance, cannabis included.

There is probably one simple test that will tell you whether or not your erectile difficulties are associated with cannabis use. At 17, you should be waking up most mornings with a firm erection. If this is indeed the case, your problem is not a side effect of the drug but psychosomatic - in the common vernacular, "performace anxiety". If this is not the case, quit the dope and you'll be ok in a month or so after your liver oxidizes the THC in your system and your kidneys do the rest.

Above advice I suggest you ignore - the religious stuff has nothing to do with what you are experiencing. This is somebody trying to influence you to buy into his or her particular belief system and really doesn't have a legitimate place in a health forum. I advise you also against the advice to take one of the popular ED medications on the market today. You're 17, not 40-80, and if you have a physical condition that results in erectile dysfunction you need to see a urologist. Besides, there are also potential side effects to all the ED medications themselves, including some very serious ones. Why complicate things when there are more straightforward options?

Speaking of complicating things, one more thing I'd advise you to do, just in case, is for you and your partner to use condoms. A little temporary trouble getting it up is nothing compared to what might otherwise happen to you and her.

I have just recently stopped smoking weed, been smoking about a joint a day for a long long time. I have stopped because I wanted to see what was it like not to have my brain pickled in dope. As far as erection goes, weed is not your problem, the young lad may be having some issues of engsiety, the older one may be early signs of heart trouble, but since he is a swinger does not have to worry too much as others will be trilled to pound his wife. Try exerting and maybe go to an herbal shop(legal) and get some yohimbee. My problem is that weed makes me too turned on leading me to risky behavior. Pot always worked for me as a sexual enhancer.

i just quit 2 weeks ago after smoking 3-4 times a day. i just got a new girlfreind and when we tried having sex for the first time i lost my erection just after puting a condom on it sucked and it was very embarrising. im gona get tested from now on so im wondering how long this problem will last and if thers anything i can do to help it

dude this question describes me exactly! but i smoke aswell, i was wondering if its more likely to be the weed or the plain smoking that causes it the most, or if ill have to stop both as soon as possible, but i dont even know if i can, basically every time i go out with my mates, we spark up atleast 3 or 4 times, and if i didnt get high, it feels like id have to find new freinds or something because they wont stop or cut down ever i dont think :/ i cant imagine not having sex again for the rest of my life if this problem ends up untreatable! that would be absolute hell! its too embaressing to go to a doctor, and how do i tell him ive smoked weed heavily for almost a year? surely that would be told to my parents. this is not good.....

I'm 27 and smoked heavily since about 22, definitely had erection problems. I also have a heart condition and am not too confident about my body so I just took it as the whole package. However, I've used it only occasionally in the past 3 weeks and my erections have improved noticeably. I'm a big fan of weed and legalization etc., but the tradeoff has made me a bit scared of it now. You don't have to stop totally, but I do suggest limiting it if you have a problem. INterestingly, I also smoke tobacco, not heavily, but just quitting weed seems to have made a difference.

I know I'm waay late because I just googled the same question and came across this site after reading multiple other sites for about an hour. The conclusion I've come to for anyone who should read this after me is:
I don't think pot affects the physical erection, it affects the mind. I think we all know (except for the crazy who thinks we should save sex for marriage - that wasn't the op's question btw) that pot makes us lazy. Both physically and mentally. I know I'm more easily aroused and sexually wound up when I'm high, but I can only get half mast half the time. What I'm realizing now is I'm probably just being 'lazy'. My minds not as sharp and tends to wander. I don't think about baseball because I'm trying to not cum, I think about baseball because I'm high and apparently that's where my mind wants to go. Other times, my mind is all about the sex and the erection is no problem. When I do almost any drug (pot, shrooms, acid, coke) my buzz usually wants to carry out how I began it. In other words if I'm eating a tub of ice cream, watching a movie and taking bong hits I won't really be able to get the best performance out of myself in bed later that night because my mind stays on movies and ice cream. My mind is always on bong hits XD