Hi I suffered from bad eczema, but fortunately I found blue light therapy site uvb-lamps. And fortunately it helped, now I don't have any problems with my health that's why I'm the happiest person in the world

I have severe eczema and visited my friend in San Diego and, my god, how the days at the beach reduced my symptoms. I was amazed.

Hi there! I am currently suffereing from TSW (Topical Steroid Withdrawal) and it sounds like you may be going through the same thing.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Actually, I have eczema and have been told by a dermatologist to tan twice a week to help it and my results have been positive. It hasn't made it worse, it's made it better.

Thank you. After reading this awhile back. I tried it and it worked better then I expected.

Yes, 2-3 visits in March-early April after a long, dry winter out of the sun in Maine (small patches of eczema break out where clothing covers the skin preventing any sun exposure) make a world of difference. I have very few issues after a summer and fall in the natural sun. I feel that the sun brings oil into my skin over most of my body whether it is exposed or not to help protect it and keep it supple. I get oil-based pimples in the summer and not the winter which I think supports my logic. Once I stop sun exposure, eczema returns late-December to April.

I have to say........tanning beds were my last ditch effort to clear my eczema! It is unreal the amount of steroids i have been placed on due to this issue and everytime i come off of the steroids its as if my skin goes through a withdrawl period and my eczema gets worse and spreads to a new spot. I have to say i would take the effects of the uv light over the internal damage that the steroids are doing! Im trying my best to live a healthy lifestyle, and with eczema it is a case of hydrating and moisturizing like there is no tomorrow!! Hop3 this helps someone out there, bc eczema can become so bad it makes you feel crazy

Agreed. This is accurate!

I duffer from severe eczema toi. Cutting out gluten had help a lot!!

I have eczema on the back of my legs and it gets way bad bad during winter! I use a tanning bed and it helps it so much but you HAVE to use lotion and make sure you don't over expose yourself

I just went to see my doctor about Eczema and she told me going in a tanning bed a couple times would help or just laying outside in the sun will help.

For the scalp eczema homemade exfoliant a with oatmeal as an ingredient can help but first try to let it heal some. It's probably weeping cause you scratch in your sleep and it gets raw so try putting socks on your hand at night and maybe socks. Good shampoos are dove or some sort of all natural shampoo

Comfrey salve works wonders when paired with sunbathing. It works wonderfully by itself too. Comfrey salve heals and protects your skin which is something it can't seem to do itself. I hope this helps you :)

I've had eczema on my hands for at least 6 years and it always seems to start mid Autumn. A few years ago I went on a winter escape to tropical Cairns and the eczema started to clear up even though my diet was bad with alcohol and junk food.

It's only a few days ago I was told that uv treatment was actually a thing. Unfortunately commercial tanning shops are now illegal so have to book into a dermatologist to get the therapy. I've tried in the past to Sunbake in the winter sun but doesn't seem to work.

If it is weepy I use silica gel which helps it heal and close. But when it gets bad I have to use the pharmaceutical cream.

I'm 57 ...had eczema since I was 5..... my arm or fingers ...then Mrs or ptednisone ...its go for yrs... no flare ups for long time !! ..since I turn 54 it has been horrible!! Misery!!! My back my face my legs my scalp! It will not stay gone! We have hot humid summers here I'm so scared!!! Ptednisone is temp. 3 yrs straight ...it doesn't stay gone......a tanning bed once a week??? Help me! .....

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use