I disagree...I have suffered with eczema for more than 20 years and find that the sun really does wonders for it. Now, I have never tried a tanning bed so I do not know if that has the same effect but the sun clears my eczema right up. Unfortunately, I do not live in a climate where I can expose my skin to the sun year round, but those warm months of sun are the best for my eczema.

That is not necessarly true. I have Ichtyeyosis which is basically dry skin from head to toe. My entire body sheds constantly. And ive found that tanning, in moderation tho, has cleared my condition up more then 60 percent. My dermatologist suggested it amd for ovrr 10 yrs I have been going now. Im 29 yrs old. If you go excessivly you will burn and worsen your condition. Just fibd a lotion that works good for you and go ni mire then 7 min. Id start with 4 min when u first go.
Good luck

TRY IT!! I suffer from severe eczema mainly on my face and neck but it will sometimes flare up onto my arms, legs and chest...it gets really really bad. I've been to many Allergists, dermatologists, immunologists, and holistic doctors and light therapy is the ONLY thing that clears it up completely. Whether it's laying in the sun for a few hours or making a daily trip to the tanning bed, light therapy has legitimately saved my life and my mental health. Eczema can be really hard to deal with. Give it a shot

I am 63 and I tried tanning bed for psoriasis in the last week. It did clear my psoriasis up on my back and leg but I broke out in rash on the side of one of my breast. Went to doctor and was told It was shingles. So, if your over 60 just be careful because its not fun, its painful, but to me its not as bad as the constant itching of psoriasis.

What do you clean the tanning bed with yourself because they use cleaners????

I have eczema on my hands and arms and when I use a tanning bed, I notice it gets a lot better. My skin isn't as flaky, red, or irritated. I just go like once a week and it definitely helps me.

Foderma serum is one the best way to eczema and it help cleared up my seasonal eczema in two weeks when the rash was at its peak! Love that it's mostly natural - there is a herb like smell, but not offensive and goes away pretty quickly after application. It does tingle a bit when you first apply if the skin is really inflamed - again a minor issue and goes away within a few minutes. I highly recommend!

I am so interested in all the comments about tanning beds, natural sunlight, ocean swimming. I had eczema as a child and various skin problems since but in the last 5 years have been plagued in the winter with itchy burning prickly skin from my head to my ankles but no rash. Even so, it has been diagnosed by a dermatologist as eczema. It typically clears up in the summer when I am outside and swimming in the ocean. It was back with a vengeance this winter but when we went to Hawaii in January, I was symptom free in two days for the whole 3 weeks we were there. Sun & ocean swimming every day. Now two weeks later I am miserable again. Am definitely going to try tanning beds until I can see a dermatologist about light therapy.

I will 100% back up the comment about cutting out dairy products in as may forms as possible had a big positive impact on me! I am on my 2nd week of trying sunbeds (3mins twice a week) to try and clear up what is left and so far it is working. I strongly recommend moisturising on your tanning days!!

Good luck and keep your chin up everyone!

It comes as no surprise to me that your dermatologist said "no" to tanning beds because that would mean that you'd leave her office with your money and take it somewhere else where you'd pay 20 times less.

I've fought with eczema all of my adult life and the tanning bed is the only thing that gets rid of it for me

how did the tanning bed work for you??

I have pretty bad nummular eczema in most parts of my body, and applying foderma serum twice a day has helped relieve the itchiness by so much. A very good moisturizer, and it did what I needed.

My Derm told me a new study was out that rocked the derm world. People with psoriasis and eczema aren't getting skin cancer from the tanning beds. He told me to get in the bed, but be careful.

tanning beds are not good for any ones body not even yours.. your eczema may come back with tanning beds. The beds what it does is burn your skin to make it look tan, if god wanted you to be more brown he would have created you as a brown child. Leave well enough alone. You are asking for trouble. I am so surpised our wonderful govt did not take these things off the market. You are making doctors rich while you are starting to get cancers earlier and die very young!!