Hello, I am a seventeen year old male in normal health and hygeine. Over the past year i have noticed that pubic hair on my scrotum has turned yellow and has become thicker. Im not sure how to describe it but it seems to be a substance on it which causes the thickness. I have brown hair in all other places on my body except here which leads me to dismiss the factthat it may simply be blonde. I was just wondering if anyone new what exactley it is or if there is anything to do about it. Thanks

There's a bacterial infection called trichomycosis pubis. It can develop in the pubic or auxiliary area. It causes pubic hair to change color and look like some kind of coating on the pubic hair. You may want to see a dermatologist and have it checked.

It can generally be removed completely by shaving the area, and ensuring good hygeine is maintained in the area thereafter, preferably using a anti-bacterial soap.

If you don't wish to shave the area, a topical gel/cream acne/pimple treatment, containing beroyl peroxide may be beneficial.

is it contagious??

since its bacterial, I would presume that it has a chance of spreading, although its a situational condition... the area must be moist / sweaty a good deal of time. I had this as well. I shaved the area, use anti-bacterial soap, and benzol peroxide a couple times per week to make sure it doesn't come back. So far, so good.

I have it too. What exactly should I buy for it (don't really want to buy a razor to shave)?

i haveit as well and the odor is horrible, i use feminime products but nothing, i cannot let my wife perform an oral on me if it smells 2 min after drying when i get out the shower!!

Yes most younger males have it. i did for awhile but all u need to do is shave the infected area and use soap on it and maybe take more showers...im an athlete so if any of u are and have it just take more showers it will really help.

Whew, thanks. I was scared there for a minute. I am in Marching Band and work as a part-time police officer so throughout the day I sweat a lot. I was peeing earlier today and noticed it and got scared so I shaved it immediately with a buzzer not a razor :| 

So just wash that area a little more daily and it will go away?

Yeah I have it just a little but if I have yellow pubic hairs can it be passed on by sex or not

I have it too, asked a doctor over the net about it, but he said he had to look at it to confirm what it was. Now i feel better, shaving first thing in the morning! :-)

I have this too.  It concerns me because I never had this until I had unprotected sex with a prostitute from the carribean, I was obviously in bad judgement to not wear a condom, and if all I took away from it was weird thick yellow pubes that I can shave off n it eventually goes away, rather than herpes or something, then im really not gonna b***h bout this, but since then it comes back on n off, never as bad as it did originally, originally the hairs on my scrotom n inner thigh would have patches where this yellow film covered em, and when I shaved it when it grew back it was little yellow filmy stubs , but I used rubbing alcohol daily, and kept shaving and it cleared up... idk if its sweaty nuts or a disease but I think its possibly a std tbh.  My ass hole hairs, are unaffected.  Hate to say it like that but hey im a guy n I got a hairy b hole... f**k. Lmao.  

Had this for years and years. Tried shaving, head and shoulders, oxy 10 etc.... I finally just decided to use 8 oz of water with 1 or 2 oz bleach. soak it up with a white rag and wash the entire area including your butt crack. I also did my arm pits just because. Do it for a week or 2. It doesn't burn or anything. It never came back after that. Thank Heavens.

By the way I'm the first person I've ever seen on the internet that actually posted that they got rid of it.

Did you just say you had unprotected sex with a prostitute?