Hi. I have recently stopped as well. I am so scared because I am going through hell.3 weeks quitting , overweight, did ecg and other blood work .Cholesterol high both ldl and triglycerides. My doctor says am okAL. Just have to drop the weight and cholesterol. Pls help I have a 7 week ole son .

You will be o k, just chill, it will make you think you are dieing but it will pass, its been a year for me and in the begining i thought sure i would die , but its not that easy, hang in there, you will be o k,.

Thats some awesone advise,That eased my way of thinking

Hi Iqbal
I have quite smoking two months ago (cold Turkey) i am experiencing sore thorat , feeling lump in throat ear pain and other symptoms as you detailes but no lung irritation . I would like to know how do you feel now

I quit three  I quit three months ago and have shortness of breath and chest pain I am almost afraid to get checked out as I am afraid of the news. I quit smoking 22 years ago but never had these symptoms. Of course I am older now so maybe I feel things more serverly. So afraid why would I feel better as a smoker...crazy! Freaking out!

I was feeling the same way when I first quit. Month 3 and 4 where the toughest for me. I am now at 18 month and feel good. You need to just hang in there. And get a full physical with blood work just to ease your mind. Good luck.

Wondering If anyone can answer my questions...I'm scared. I too quit 4 months ago, 2 weeks after I quit I started to feel dizzy during the day and still do...but mow it happens way more often, not just at night but all damn day, I get scared and start to have to catch my breathe. Now I am not using any kind of patch or any nicotine at all since week 2 of quitting. I feel like I have serious problems. I can't go through a good day at work I feel like I am dizzy and can't focus on what a customer is telling me. I work in auto mechanics so I need to pay attention and I cant. Also going to school again and can't concentrate when in school or at home to do homework. I would t say I'm specifically tired throughout the day just not motivated and generally get really anxious when I think about anything for too long. Could it be depression? My ENT told me he thinks I have sleep apnea due to my deviated septum. But if that is the truth why would that be the case since it only started after I quit smoking? Ya know? This has me really startled and I don't know what to do anymore. I only have 1 day a week to goto doctors and they want me to goto a sleep study for a night and I feel like they may miss diagnose me and make me take med that will just make things worse. Can someone help me please? I feel like death every day and no one takes me seriously when I say I don't feel good. Also I get a little pain in my middle stomach by my sternum once and a while almost like the feeling u get after you just threw up for a while.

I am at a year and half but when I was 4 months in I was the same way. I had every test done and all of them came back fine. I now know all those feelings I was going through was due to anxiety. Never had that until I quit. To this day I will feel off once in a while but now it's 1x every few weeks or so. It feels great not having to think about where or when my next smoke will happen. I could not stand the smell on fingers anymore. Hang in there try to relax and know that you are not alone. If you read other forums you will see other people went through the same exact feelings. Good luck.

6-7 weeks for me and I was long time heavy smoker. Nicotine gum helps with withdrawal symptoms but not detox symptoms which lost longer than the fabled 72 hours to overcome nicotine withdrawal.
A lot of fatigue, poor appetite, nausea,
mood issues, sometimes sick and try to sleep but it seems more like delerium than sleep. It's detox....

Glad to hear im not alone, especially the guys with years in this. I too quit about 2 months ago because I had a out of blue panic attack and i dont wanna poison my newborn daughter (not yet here). Since then Ive had severe chest pains, sore throat, clearing throat constantly with phlegm, developed anxiety, abdominal pain, dizziness, lump in throat. Got it all checked by the doctors, 3 xrays, 4 times bloodwork, 4 ecg's. Then I read online this stuff how these tests are not accurate for this and that and get super anxious. My boss put me on 4 week sunmer vacation now so just trying to loosen up, and get over it. If death really chooses me, I've done what I can to evade it, I try to think. But it helps a lot I'm not alone! If anyone who was actually got over these symptoms reads these please leave your story :)

I am 4 months and have same symptoms. Fast heart beat, dizzy, anxiety,nausea.

My experience is same as you. I am On 10 month. Some anxity , dizziness and unbalance feeling. Feel like never going to get better.

Take magnesium oil for anxiety relief.

A few years ago a friend of mine gave me a Camel Snus to try. I had tried dip before (once or twice) which gave me such a buzz I puked so I was nervous but he told me that they weren't nearly as strong. I tried one and it gave me a slight buzz that wasn't over the top.

A few months later I was working on a construction site and all of the workers were dipping and I was just standing around as an inspector so I decided to try the Snus again just for something to do. I did the Snus for about 3 months and quit without any problems whatsoever.

A couple years later (about a year ago) I decided to use it again because I was getting busy at work and, again, just something to do while I worked (I am a design engineer (desk job)). I did the Snus for about 8 months and got to the point where I was practically chaining them back to back, all day long (especially at work) (about 15-20 pouches a day or a little over a can a day).

Over the past July 4th weekend (9 weeks ago) I drank fairly heavily and wasn't feeling great so I decided to stop using the Snus. I had quit no problem before and all I knew about nicotine withdrawal was that you could get a bad headache for a few days or whatever. Plus the Snus gave me such a little buzz I figured there wasn't much nicotine in them. Boy was I wrong.

After a couple days of not being able to sleep at all, a tingly feeling over my entire body, anxiety (including a panic attack that laster all night one night), and very bad lightheaded feeling, I went to the ER. At this point I thought I had a major hangover or something. They gave me some fluids and I felt a little better but I knew that wasn't the problem because I had been hydrating a lot. After another sleepless night and symptoms increasing I looked up symptoms of nicotine withdrawal after thinking that it was possibly from quitting the Snus. I had every symptom there was. I had already missed three days or work so I decided to try some gum and a patch, although, I was reluctant because I didn't want to backtrack from any withdrawal I had already gone through (really wish I knew what I know now). I started using 8 mg of gum per day (4 2 mg pieces) and a 7 mg patch. I was able to go to work one day that week and slept a total of 5 hours for the entire week. The first week was absolutely insane.

I actually felt fairly good for a couple days after a couple days of using the gum (I quit the patch after two days because I felt it was giving me anxiety at night). But the relief was short and week 2 consisted of very bad lightheadedness/vertigo with some anxiety here and there. Week 2 I was on vacation so at least I wasn't having to deal with work. During week 2 I took motion sickness medicine so I could eat while being so dizzy. Sleeping wasn't as bad this week but I would wake up after about 4 hours needing gum.

Week 3 I had to return to work and this is when the anxiety really started to kick in. The dizzyness was also still really bad and I faked work all week. I would hide in a conference room twice a day for about an hour and call my mom just for some distraction. Mid-week I got an appointment with a doctor and he gave me some Klonopin (.5 mg) for the anxiety. I tried it a few times but was reluctant due to the horror stories I had researched regarding withdrawing from it. Still sleeping only 4 or 5 hours a night.

Week 4 had similar symptoms to week 3. Finally during week 4 I got in touch with a nicotine withdrawal councilor. That’s when I found out the amount of nicotine I was getting from the Snus was comparable to 4 packs of cigarettes per day. I had no idea. He told me that the Snus has a very delayed absorption into your body because it is a dry oral tobacco which is why it doesn’t give you a strong buzz but more of a drawn out, constant one. He told me that if I would have come to him before quitting, he would have had me starting with two 21 mg patches plus gum. At this point I am terrified because I had no idea that I was doing that much and that nicotine withdrawal could be this bad. I was traumatized.

During Week 4 I started to notice symptoms significantly increasing in the afternoon which the councilor said was understandable since when I was on the Snus, the afternoon was when my body had the most nicotine. In the afternoons my whole body seems to speed up which increases all of the symptoms (it’s my body craving the nicotine). It’s like an extreme version of the shakes. Dizzyness increases, anxiety increases, vision gets blurry, and concentration goes to hell. Still sleeping only 4 or 5 hours a night during week 4.

At the start of Week 5 I was having such bad anxiety that I went to the ER again. They gave me some Vistaril and Ativan to try which I did I decided I was going to take a Vistaril (25 mg) in the morning, 1mg of Ativan in the afternoon, and 1 mg of Ativan at night before bed. Although still dizzy, I felt pretty good that week (obviously with the meds). I could actually handle work and was starting to eat normal (I hadn’t been eating much cause anxiety makes me feel sick). I also started to sleep my normal 8 hours. Sometimes I am up and down for the last couple. The doctor also gave me wellbutrin to try but I took it for two days over that next weekend and the amphetamine boost it gave me increased the anxiety so I stopped taking it.

Week 6 my body started to get used to the Ativan because I started to not feel great in the mornings when I had no Ativan in me. So, I cut out the Vistaril and started taking 0.5 mg of Ativan at night and in the morning and 1 mg in the afternoon. That week the afternoon rush and dizzyness was minimal most days. The whole process has had a lot of ups and downs. I have really good days sometimes and really bad days sometimes.

Week 7 I’m getting worried about getting hooked to the Ativan so I decide to start tapering off. I took all three doses to 0.5 mg. Had full blown anxiety attacks on the 2nd and 3rd day ( in the morning after waking up) after dropping the Ativan. The dizziness also increased.

Week 8 I dropped the Ativan another 0.5 mg. 0.5 mg in the morning and 0.5 mg in the early afternoon. I had one bad afternoon rush the day after dropping the Ativan. I went three days like this but was extremely dizzy every morning and decided that it was probably because I was doing a whole mg by noon every day and then having nothing till I woke up. Needed something to keep a little in me more consistently, so I added back in 0.25 mg at night. This did the trick. At this point, I also decided to slow down the taper to 0.25 mg per week.

Week 9 (currently) I have maintained the same Ativan schedule because I feel like I’ve been messing with it too much. I will drop 0.25 mg this coming weekend. Although it’s slow as hell, my symptoms due seem to be getting better. Dizzyness definitely seems to be getting better. I get fairly dizzy if I go for a long walk and when I first wake up, but, during the day it is minimal and sometimes I don’t even notice it. The afternoon rush has seemed to weaken since I can withstand it more. Although, sometimes I have a bad day. Currently, the afternoon rush consists of a tense, agitated feeling and some blurred vision.

The whole process has been absolute hell. I had no idea how much nicotine I was doing and I had no idea nicotine withdrawal can be this crazy. These blogs are helpful to know that others have had these issues because most people I talk to just don’t understand. I’ve never had an issue with anxiety at all. In fact, I slept the entire night before defending my Master’s Thesis. But nicotine withdrawal sucks. Anxiety just pops out of nowhere, makes your heart pound, and freaks you out which adds to it. Dizzyness is terrifying cause it’s your brain. The ups and downs with the whole process never gives you a feeling of any consistency. The only consistent thing is that I always feel better at night. I want so bad to be back to my normal self. I haven’t had a drink with caffeine or alcohol since this all started. I haven’t been able to go out normally with my friends, although, the last few weeks I’ve at least been able to go see movies and do more relaxing things. Looks like I am in it for the long haul though and it could be a couple more months before I am feeling normal. I’m sure it will be many months before I can do any physical activity without getting dizzy.

Just thought I would share my story. Sorry it was so long. Any words of wisdom or advice to help get me through the next couple months, especially as I drop the Ativan would be much appreciated. I now have a much better understanding/respect for the nicotine addiction and I now sympathize with people going through withdrawal or who have anxiety issues.

For those starting the withdrawal process (who have it really bad like me) you’re going to feel hopeless at points but it will get better. It’s biology, it has to.

What if you tapered down to one smoke a day for the last month and six days before you quit?