I have been through all this.. 7 months now.. Still feel I am gonna die tonight

I am experiencing all of this, but TRUST me it gets better and eventually fades away!!!! I've quit for over a year before and all my symptoms went away before! You got this!

Take black seed oil with honey everymorning for 3months it will be ok.

Now how are you

how are you now are you feel good?

I am sorry you are going thru that . But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It has been a year for me. all the things you are feeling are real. You are not alone I still to this day, Go thru something are another it has been 14 months for me. I will explain later what my doctor did to me. Later but yes you are not alone gas acid tremors headaches, long as I am busy it is ok then I relax then start thinking again. Panic Attacks etc..... But I know it is well worth it. God Bless

I've been following threads like this one for a while now. I feel obligated to share my experience and what's helped me. I quit a little over 6 months ago and I have almost all the withdraw symptoms. Shortness of breath, chest pain, dizziness. Heart palpitations just to name a few. For a while I was constantly checking my heart beat to make sure i wasn't dying. After consulting my doctor, i found out that smoking can actually cause imbalance in your system that would lead to the development of anxiety especially if u were already prone to depression in the first place. However, smoking supresses a lot of the symptoms associated with that which explains why most of us were fine prior to quiting.
It's not easy coping with these symptoms. Don't give in too quickly and start taking meds. Some of them are equally as addicting. I've found that taking Vitamin B complex combined with oryzonal tablets really helped me with my anxiety. It's no cure, but it helps. Also make sure ur getting enough vitamin C in ur diet which means a lot of fruits. In addition to things u should take, there are things u should avoid as well. While it depends on the individual, it is proven by science that smoker has 50% higher tolerance towards caffeine compares to a non smoker. So you need to adjust the amount of coffee you drink after uve quit because u no longer has the same amount of tolerance towards caffeine. Taking in too much caffeine can result in dizziness, nausea and irregular heart beat as well. Avoid hard liquor because it makes your brain overly active which could lead to relapse of anxiety/panic attack. if u have to drink, drink wine/beer/sake. Lastly, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, avoid 2nd hand smokes. A lot of people don't realize that they are actually getting nicotine and such back in their systems by standing too close to a person that's smoking. A long night at the bar with ur buddies can cause a relapse of ur symptoms. Explain to them ur situation and keep a distance ( I learned the hard way because I was getting a tattoo from a friend of mine who's a smoker 3 month into the quit, when my symptoms just started to ease. I had a relapse and felt worse than ever for the following week).
Honestly though, don't feel too sorry for urself. At the end of the day all ur symptoms are essentially in ur head. if u do it would make u not wanna be strong. And you have to be mentally strong for this fight. I truly believe after you've beaten nicotine addiction, ur ready for whatever life throws at u. Stay strong and pray!!

I have given up for about a month and a half and off the patches for about 3 weeks. Ever since I come off the patches I keep getting dizziness that comes and goes and the same with the tight chest. At least I'm not the only one still having symptoms, all other websites say it all should have subsided by now!!!

I keep getting notifications of this post for my old reply when I shared all the same symptoms and then some with the lot of you. After 20 years of smoking I quit when I started feeling ill after smoking. Then the symptoms came, acid reflux, bp off the roof, dizziness and one fall due to it, chest pains gnawing at night and crushing in the morning. Constant feeling of something stuck in my throat (stayed the longest) trouble breathing. Enlarged lymphnodes under jaw. Went to er and round of doctors, all proclaimed nothing wrong by blood and later ultrascan. I knew it wasnt enough to 100% rule out reasonable causes but thats all I could get.

It took me about 6 months to really subconsciously accept that the symptoms were a product of my head and that they were the result of anxiety and too much googling. I could only get there after mustering enough courage to accept that I had done what I could and if I was wrong then I would die and that would be ok. Looking back I had a huge issue about dying. I remember laying in my bed at night and feeling like I was having a book example heart attack and I just let it happen, let it go.

It took a few months still before the symptoms vanished but today I'm a healthy man, body and mind.

I'm just another human being, but if you have been to a thorough medical check that came clear, I believe you should try to do the work in your head and not rely on the crotch of anxiety pills or any other medication unless you've been diagnosed accurately with these issues. I would be a lifelong acid reflux med user and anxiety pill user had I took what the drs ordered me. It may seem impossible to you now that your symptoms are not real, and they are, its just unbelievable what our mind is capable of making our body feel and do.

That said I'm not even as an anynomous person going to say there is nothing wrong with you physically or that the doctors dont miss things, but this is my story for those who need to hear it.

And also, healthy habits really helped me with this process. I begun to eat more healthy and go for runs first time in my life and that was a huge help in my struggles. It really goes well with the end of smoking.

This thread has been a great help to me. Maybe I can be of help to someone as well. I was 19 when I started smoking, smoked a pack a day (sometimes more) for 15 years. I am 34 now and I quit cold turkey 4 months ago. Two weeks into the process I went to the doctors office because I thought I was about to have a heart attack. After EKG & blood work I was told that it was withdrawals. I have had many good days, in fact some entire weeks where I feel great. But then there are times where I go through 3 or 4 days in a row with very intense symptoms. (Some nausea, slight burning in my chest, shortness of breath, fast and strong heart beats and anxiety). There will be times when you think you are dying. I use those moments as motivation to keep on fighting. After dealing with the symptoms (mentally, physically & emotionally), this I NEVER want to have to go through this again. I pray for each of you who have taken this great step in your life. No matter how tough the process may be, it will be worth it in the end! God bless you all!

^ almost exact story and timeline, started in Iraq at 19 and quit 6 weeks ago, will be 34 this year, had a physical before I quit and I seemed normal with bloodwork etc. first couple weeks were a breeze! felt awesome! Started running, used the car to plot out a mile, conveniently 3 laps around the block. run as far as I can then walk till I can run again for half hour every night. Notice some nights I cant run as far before needing to walk. Felt good enough to really start pushing myself (week 3) then I started getting the burning in my lungs, seemed to move around to different areas, upper back pain, mucous, the works. Now, (week 6) im getting the anxiety, (reason im here :) ) and reflux. went to Doc yesterday had another checkup, hes not worried of course, thinks its GERD but made them do chest xray for more peace of mind, still waiting nervous and anxiously for the call with results..... pisses me off. Im sure im just being a hypocondriact and reading to much into it like everyone else. day at a time week by week.

That my story too! But I'm 142 days smoke free. I believe it a process and we need to take one day at a time

That is inspiring! After 25 years; I quit just under 4 months ago. Gradually reduced number of smokes / day. Quit new years eve. I have been experiencing gas and bloating for the last 1.5 months. Hence; my primary did some blood work without incident-all good. She sent me to a GI doctor. Had to wait 1.5 months for appointment. Hence; went to ER as symptoms were chronic. Again; no issue with blood or abdominal ultra sound. Just got back results from GI-again no issues. Getting better and symptoms are fading. Thanks for the insight!!

Better with all of this support! My fiance is in medical school..hence a great adviser! Just told her about the group-very cool. I am a 51 year old male-6'-0" tall-188lbs. Last BP was 126/74. I exercise and we eat very healthy. Could reduce the wine intake. I have been taking 10mg of Lisinipril for BP, 40MG of Protonix is a recent script for stomach. Other than that..1 baby aspirin/ day, 1 centrum, 2000 units/ day vitamin D3 and 500mg magnesium/ day. All in all I am feeling better and the symptoms are fading. Still waiting on results from stool sample.

Also taking a probiotic as per GI's reccomendation