Hello to you all
I'm so glad I found this page I'm a mum of 2 and I have stoped smoking just over 4 months ago .
Had all the symptoms that all of you have experience I also yesterday had sharp needle like pain in my chest I'm so scared and don't know what to do the thought of not being here for my kids absolutely terrifies me I hope I will get there in the end :(
God Is Great

This thread has been literally a god send. I quit smoking about 3 months ago. I have experienced and continue to experience all of the symptoms most of you have described. It's not so much the cravings I struggle with but the physical symptoms, such as headaches, drowsiness, nauseous, fatigue, anxiety and generally feeling run down. I am listening to my body and every strange feeling or new pain sends my mind in overdrive and I start thinking I'm about to die. I have been to A&E about 4 times and I am being told the same thing - anxiety/panic.
Prior to quitting smoking I had never experienced anxiety/panic. What leaves me with dread is the reoccurring headaches and occasional drowsiness that I feel powerless to. My GP has referred me to a neurologist department for a CT scan not because she thinks I have an issue but to reassure me that these symptoms are related to stress and I need to find a way to manage stress effectively. I've started to visit the gym as a means to filling that void I used to fill with smoking.
A friend of mine went through the same process, took about 9 months before she was back to ''normal''. She says the detoxing can sometimes be worse than the actual cravings. Nicotine isn't the only chemical your body absorbs from the burning of tobacco, and that can take longer to purge sometimes. Drinks lots of water, it definitely helps and lets hang in there together. We can beat this.

i was on patch for a month. took it off for two weeks now. being puffing 10 stick for at least 10 years. suffering from back pain and i went to the two doctors who said its muscle pain. the first doctor didnt even give any medicine. the second one gave muscle relaxant and pain killer which i am not using. I am just applying some heat pad etc. i am also constantly worried about any new pain or strange feeling that i have about my body. it just send me into an overdrive mode thinking that i am going to die soon. because of all this i am unable to focus on my work. Good to know that there are others who feels the same and that I am not alone in this.

How long did you take the klonopin and did you have to taper to get off of it (if so, how did you do it?). I am on Ativan and I am trying to taper off but not sure if I am tapering too early because I am still pretty miserable but I am terrified of staying on too long and having another serious withdrawal process to go through.

Hello guys....

Thanks for making this informative threads. I'm 30y.o. i was smoked for 15 years, and Now I'm on 5th weeks of quit smoking.
1st week
Anxiety, unbalance body, dry and aore throats, dizziness, increased appetite, more lazy, tiredness, fell sleepy on daytime coz can't sleep well in the nights.

2nd to 4th weeks
Unbalanced body, sore and dry throats getting less, but the others symptom just same with 1st week.

I don't want to take some pills, and i think we should push very hard our self to take control the withdraw nicotine effects by start healthy life, like discipline for exercises, eat healthy food, etc. With full responsibility for a better life and future.

Coz, Quit smoking for me, is just like recovering forest after its burned totally for many years. Is it hard? It would be useful? has it some side effects?
Let we share...

Thank you Rob, Your answer have made my day. I was worrying about this. But no I think i am just a little anxious. I was smoking 17 cigs a day and left it cold turkey. After 5months i am feeling all this problems.

May we know How are you feeling now?

hi well its been 27 days without smoking and i am going through a lot. i got gastric problem. sometimes i feel like i shall get a heart attack or stroke. sometime i have shortness of breath sometimes my heart beat becomes abnormal but i am not smoking. i am kind afraid of that change of heart beat but im high on quiting n got encouraged to see your experiences here plz guide me as well plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hey all.. 6 weeks since iv quit.. its been such a roller coaster, up n down.. its hard to find real experiences of people who have quit. Most websites have an unrealistic time line n suggest symptoms last for shorter periods than they actually do, or completely disregard some of the more niggly and unpleasant symptoms. Acid reflux, diahorrea AND constipation, depression, paranoia, hypochondria, anxiety, feeling sleep deprived, headaches, cattarh, excess phlegm, acne... list goes on. Feels like theres no symptom that withdrawal is not associated to! Its hard not to b paranoid n anxious .. woild be good to have some sort of support group?

Hi - I am 85 days smoke free and my withdrawal symptoms are faded a lot but i still feel off balance (light headed). Just wanted to check how you are doing ?

Thanks

Your story is inspiring . Bro i quited smoking from last 4 months but m spliting black phlegm . Is it normal

yes! its the necotine from your lungs.... its a good sign of detoxifying!

Thanks that was really helpful Iv been for months now and I'm going through all those symptom Wright now

Good to find this thread. I am at 90 days and sometimes feels the same as the third day!! Overall I can of course tell its getting better, and it depends a lot on what I am doing and where, but man the anxiety and tension I still feel! Restlessness, twitching at night etc...I know these are mostly anxiety related and heightened by the withdrawal. I agree with an earlier posting about how smoking use to "absorb" some of these symptoms (I have generally always had some anxiety) and makes them worse.

Its good to be reminded that eventually we will come out on the other side of new normal. There is no way I will smoke because I wouldnt want to re-do these past 3 months again! But the sooner the better when it comes to getting more fully over this hump! :)

How are you feeling now? Currently experiencing serious withdraWal symptoms. No cravings, just anxiety and heart palpitations and sore chest. I am a 27 year old healthy male by the way.