very well ok

Hi Rob,
You explained this so well. It's been over 6 months for me and yeah I had about the same cigarette count for about 13 years. These symptoms make you think you are dying. But your comment comforted me and makes me want to fight the symptoms. It is not easy but worth kicking the habit.

I am feeling better! Gastro center ordered more blood work-6 viles and stool samples. 2 frozen, 2 refrigerated and 1 room temp. Blood was good except for pancreas and liver issue due to alcohol (too much vino). This I have cut back on. Stool revealed a moderate pancreatic elastase insufficiency. Hence; was prescribed 36000 units of Creon DR. Did not take these. Going in for a natural colon-pancreas-liver clense next week. After; we will rexamine stool.

First off I would like congratulate you on quitting. I quit about 4 months ago. And I'm going through some of the same symptoms. My pains were so bad I been back and forth from the hospital and still nothing. I ask the same question is that nicotine withdrawals or do I have diseases?

Hi iqbal how r u now? Still same? I am having this problem now after quit smoking for 44 days.. dizzyness always...

Hi rob can i get ur fb id for more detail regarding this

Old thread.
But your symptoms are exactly the same, month by month.
After 2 months i feel depressed and sad :(
And full of anxiety. I should know, ive quit 4 times successfully now. Yea i get sucked in unfortunately. Tho on this occasion I've learnt my lesson and wont smoke again. Its a dreadful addiction

How are you feeling now?

Greetings,
First of all, thanks to everyone for providing their stories / experiences. Really helps us who as we all know, are very concerned.

I quit smoking April 6, 2017, now just over 4 months without smoking. However, I started to cut back on News Years Eve at which point I got my first severe panic attack. I smoked for 20 years, a pack a day. On that day, I only had a few ciggs. The more I cut down, the more attacks I had. This is when I decided to quit entirely in April.
This ended with me going to the doctor then the ER. My doc sent me to a cardiologist ; I've now had at least 6 EKG's, Echo Cardiogram, Stress Tests galore, several blood tests - everything was fine, though we did discover my Vitamin D is very low (very common, unrated I'm sure). I was getting consistent panic attacks everyday, at least 1 or 2. When I first had these attacks, my heart rate would go up to 125ish (which is very high for me) and some of these attacks would last hours, longest I think was 5.
I started doing extreme research on quitting smoking, after effects, withdrawal symptoms...etc. I too was concerned, for everything I read said these symptoms would get better in a few months.
Now, 4 months in, my heart rate still seems to go all over the place, but no as high as before (maybe 80-90) and no where near as long. They only last 5-10 minutes now, come and go.My resting heart rate is 55-60, fluctuates weekly it seems. However, now I have something new which is my question. Now I feel pressure behind my ears and temples and occasionally get dizzy. It almost feels like it could be around sinus areas? But Im not sure. I've never had sinus problems so I can't say, but I will say in the morning I am congested for abit.
My wife and I play tennis, and I've been jogging on the treadmill a few times a week to help with overall fitness as the whole idea behind quitting was to start living a more healthy life. But I still get VERY anxious when these symptoms occur. I'm still getting random heart palpitations, discomfort in my lungs (feels like random pins / pokes various areas, both sides) and again, now these pressure thing. Any ideas? Thanks again in advance.

Hang in there, it will get better with time. I'm 9 months smoke free. My chest and stomach pain still bother me sometime and my sinuse bother me everyday But I feel better now then I did 9 months ago. God bless U

I quit smoking last 85 days now and I'm still suffering from chest pain and yesterday I had upper arm pain both right and left dunno if this is heart related or what. Chest worst when I'm lying down on my back and relieve when I'm sitting leaning forward or sleeping on my right side.

Will more exercise speed up the withdrawal process? Like an active person will recover faster then a non active man?

dunno if exercise would speed up the withdrawal.. but one thing is for sure about exercise it will help you get rid of your psychological problem like depression etc.

I'm 3 months off and still depression hit me everyday I always feel that my life is worthless, I woke up every morning then do my usual stuff then in the evening I will sleep, then tom doing the same damn thing make me feel so depress like my life is always a replay doing the same all over and over again so sick of it

hi janine. im a Janine too. i felt that way to badly for the first 4 mi ths. also had terrible anxiety. i literallycried evetyday for hours for the first 4 months. the background sadness faded about 10 months. i sill have death anxiety. why i have no idea. maybe bc it was hell for a year. now its time for me to live and stop thinking of cigs. im 13 months and still tjink about cigs. anxiety is still present but fading. for some people it can take 14 months or more to feel comfortable in theur quit.

Nicotinefree since August 25 2016

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use