Janine...Your body is going through a lot of chemical changes and it will get better so hang in there.

or they're dead, quit and support quitters

A month and a half in and 800 cigarettes I haven't smoked, but my chest feels like hell. The only thing surprising is that I didn't have tar oozing out of my mouth from years of smoking. You'd think they'd be full up. But since I've quit I really haven't been coughing up black loogies and my chest has this constant pain that makes the mind race towards illness. Freaks a guy out, let me tell ya. Breathing seems to help, but I get this back pain at night too.

4 months down... no coughing, no loose mucus yet.. no headaches, no diarrhea, bloating yes.. heartburn is unbelievable and all the time for 6-7 weeks now.. heart palpitations, irregular heartbeat with pounding and skipping beats daily, more so at night time when I'm trying to sleep.. at times I feel I'm becoming a bit panicky.. insomnia still but not as often as before... the worst for me at this point is the heartburn, heart palpitations and skipping beats and occasionally insomnia.. I've been on so many sites trying to get answers and reassurance that I'm not experiencing anything out of the ordinary... hang in there... this is all normal for so many... wishing you all the best of luck with success in quitting...

4 months into my quit after smoking a pack+ a day for over 20 years. My lungs have been hurting on and off, had some of the black mucus come up a bit in month 1 and then completely dry until month 4. At month 4 came down with pneumonia and on antibiotics for another 10 days (+ a 5 day z-pack I already finished). All of the sudden a lot of white/yellowish mucus is coming up but I'm also using an inhaler as I have trouble breathing and my lungs are on fire. For me, the physical symptoms seemed to get worse after month 3. I do not crave cigarettes at all which is weird since I have never been able to stay quit for longer than a few days before. I'm trying my best to eat healthy and stay active. As bad as I feel now, I don't ever want to smoke again. The good part is that I had very little anxiety quitting, I had more while smoking as I knew that I was killing myself with every cigarette. I truly believe that if we take it one day at the time, we will get through this. We are already accomplished so much: we are smoke free! Good luck to all of us in staying that way!

How are you now? Is there any more sharp pain?

Hi. Are you feeling better now? How are you coping?

Hey I'm going through this too!
How are you doing today?
I am going insane with this dizziness and all the anxiety!
What are you doing to get by?

How are you now? Getting better?

How are you now? Getting better?

Hello. How long have you been quiting? I am on 46 days now. Chest always uncomfortable, especially left side.

I am on the 3.5 month now.. I have chest discomfort, palpitation, anxiety like most of u.. Inthe first 1-2 monthof quitting, i am so worried about all this problem until i went for a full body check up from blood teat to heart scaaning and the doctor says i am normal.. I believed all the pains and dicomfort i have is due to the body trying to adjust to the changes without nicotine.. Now i can feel that i am feeling better though the withdrawal symptoms still there but the frequency is lesser.

Good to hear that. May we stay strong for this withdrawal. Probably the worst sickness i ever felt. Haha

Hey just curious how you're doing ?

Hi there,

Its been 6 months since my last cigarette and i quit cold turkey.feeling all of the post quit withdrawal on the first 4 months.now i still feel the dizziness and anxiety every now and then.but the dizziness is what bother me the most since It is not comfortable and ruin my daily routine.