Hi Are you feling okay nw?

Hi I'm 63 smoked for 50yrs I'm staring my 10th week Monday. I stopped both cigarettes and caffeine together. I lost my oldest friends of 50 years nicotine &caffeine. Then I lost 10lbs depressed. My blood pressure used to be great now it spikes 120 then 170 + now. I can't grasp a cigarette when I get upset :( Good luck and I wish you well. Being an old smoker remember don't let someone's stupidity cause you to be stupid and smoke. I quit by choice I have cigarettes and chose not to smoke them and I've set a date years down the the road that if I want to smoke then I will or not but it will be my choice as an ex smoker. I wish him a better and healthier time quitting.

Today, I am on my 3rd month of quitting smoking. I don't have any craving for cigarette since I stared to quit, via cold turkey. But what bother me most, was when I cease to smoke, I became hypertensive. My blood pressure becomes higher and I stared to take medication and do dieting. Still once or twice a week, I feel sluggish, dizzy and fatigue. I am just convincing myself that it is all part of my withdrawal and take deep breathing exercises. I always hoping and praying that I will recover soon to this ordeal.

Hi Allan,hang in there.i am on my eight month and still feel the dizziness and fatigue.I do hope this will go away soon

I am 4mths after quitting cold turkey due to thinking I had angina after an angiogram that turned out to be OK I still got sent home with stations & bp meds I get gassy stomach pains chest pains ancient the lot if the weather is OK I go for a walk but no body tells you that for some of us quitting takes you to hell and back

Can tobacco chewing have same symptoms like that?

Same symptoms here, but oddly they started only 4.5 months after I quit (cold turkey), followed by a out of the blue panic attack.

After tons of research, I came to a conclusion.

We got used over the years that whenever we feel stress, we smoke, hence increasing serotonin, endrophins and dopamine levels, hence feeling more calm, especially serotonin.

We got so used to it that we no longer had other stress coping mechanisms, simply smoking.

And now when we stopped smoking, and we feel stress, we are overwhelmed and seeing it as danger, which causes our brain to activate the fight or flight mechanism, which are the symptoms you we all feel and described here.

I recovered from these symptoms by building myself new thinking patterns, learned how to cope with stress the right way, eventually my brain stopped seeing it as a threat and I no longer have these symptoms (well, sometimes, still recovering), there are some really good books that can help, read about Neuroplasticity.

Hi there guys Its me Janine i post here months ago today is March 9, 2018 and im on my 9 months now. I've been okay for couple of weeks now but I still have chest pain and ear inflection now for 2 months I believe. Im still waiting for 1 year goal hope after reachinh my goal all of my symptoms will be gone.

I'm on my 10 months now, I quit because I thought I have heart problem started after donating blood for the mother of my classmate in college. so after donating the blood my chest hurt and I was so anxious always thinking that I might die because of heart attack and decided to quit (Cold Turkey) and I felt really worst because of withdrawal I have all the symptoms mostly that you can read in this forum but my main concern is chest pain sharp pain most of time and also the burning feeling in my chest and back makes me go crazy. especially when the pain in my chest or back comes with arm pain its scare me a lot. right now while typing this my chest is having a burning sensation that I kind feel through the back + the arm pain both arms oh god please help me to pass this trial in my life :(

Tks This has helped....I have four m9nths today..and feel not well..great appetite though and gain8ng weight..like you said short of breath and sooo tired...they are checking my thyroid .....I smoked a pack a day for 50 years so Iguess it will take time.,...I
quit cold turkey......

I relapsed yesterday when my best friend passed away. I made it 3 months and 1 week without smoking. I have had many symptoms. Anxiety big time, I dint wanna leave my house and goto work. I have an ulcer so that makes it worse and I get completely sick and throw up every few days from acid build up. Loss of appetite. Dizziness. Blurry vision. Headaches. Joint pain all over body. Hot and cold. Inflammation over body but worse now from shoulders up. Acne. Muscle spasms. Horrible fatigue. No energy. Been to er 3 times, doctors a bunch of time.have had all kinds bloodwork, cat scan ekgs, xrays, bone scan, scheduled for a nerve and sleep test. Most has gotten better except the anxiety and ulcer, inflammation from shoulders up, feel like I'm on fire and burning. All that has come back irregular in all tests so far is I am vitamin b12 and d vitamin d deficiency. Very low. I have been given vitamin d 50000 weekly pills, told to take b12 1000 unit daily, b complex with vitamin c daily, prapozole 20 mg daily for ulcer, hydroxyzine for anxiety, robaxin for muscle spasms, and gabapentin for pain. I am taking all the vitamins and ulcer pill. I only took the gabapentin 1 night cuz it made me very sick. I took robaxin 1 time. It helped. I was taking the anxiety med 3x day but it made me so tired I couldn't stay awake. I just have felt run down and so so depressed that I don't wanna do anything. I got a decent job and am risking losing it from going home an penis or calling off so much. I andicklways have dr excuses but idk... I have smoked 3/4 pack of lights since yesterday afternoon. I used to smoke full flavor. I am so disappointed in myself andicklways well as my friends and my husband. I've only been lighting up 1 or 2 when anxiety hits. That's the hardest part for me now and I can't rely on hubby as he is bi polar and has his own issues. , I don't have activities and too cold outside yet to do stuff there. I try to keep busy and I do ok on nights and weekends, but when monday morning comes I start freaking cuz I have to go to work. I work underground so no light, oxygen is not great there and the dirt and dust is bad. I don't know what to do with myself. If I could get stress under control I think I could manage the rest. I want to quit, but have seen others say as soon as they started within a week all their symptoms disappeared. Idk. I'm so overwhelmed and tired and exhausted all the time. Thanks for listening.

Hi! So far i’m on my 3rd month of quitting smoking, constant dizziness/light headedness, feeling off balance and anxeity. I feel better besides the dizziness.

1st month was hell, shaking, chest pains, muscle pains, heart palpitations, fatigue

2nd month: constant light headedness, feeling off balance, chest pains, anxeity from being dizzy all the time. Got checked out, everything’s normal except elevated sgpt due to being overweight
3rd month constant light headedness, feeling off balance, pressure in the ears and sinuses.

Before i was taking calcium channel blocker for my hypertension 140/100 pulse rate of 96 Now no meds 117/89 and pulse rate of 63. I can breathe better, i could do brisk walking for 1 hour without catching my breath.

I just want my dizziness to be gone soon, so i could be normal again. But i know it will take some time for our body to detoxify all the chemicals we inhaled before. God willing, i hope my dizziness will be gone soon. Guys, keep it up, be positive and trust the process.

Hey how are you feeling now and when did you start feeling better I have the same neck issue?

Did your muscle pains go away I'm experiencing same thing

I hope you get to see a docktor. Pain in chest back and arm is a deffinate sighn of a heart problem. Wether it it serious or not. Please get it looked at